Is John Bradshaw Layfield's 280 day reign the worst long-term reign for a world champion ever?

280 days is long term now?
Fuckin kids ruin everything
280 days alone would make you tied for the top 20 WWE Champions ever. Its a month more than Undertaker's four reigns combined. It's more than Daniel Bryan, Batista, Stasiak, Rogers, Foley, and Flair had it combined.

As to the main point Mahal was much worse. JBL was a steady hand in a crappy era where the company had to adjust to a changing climate. Most of the guys he went over were protected, and most were established people like Taker, Eddie, Booker, Angle, and Big Show. The only one who really should have got a run in the middle was Book.

Jinder was a misreading of epic proportions. Smackdown didn't have any established guys to juice Mahal, after Orton left it was a land without untouchables. Cena only appeared (Jesus he'd never do such a job) to fuck over Corbin (goodbye possible main event run). He'd just come off a feud with Mojo Rawley (lol Andre Battle Royal Winner), destroyed the credibility of the midcarders (fuck you Sami apparently) and sabotaged Nakamura in the eyes of the normal fan.

CM Punks was the worse.

Lackluster face run where he was overshadowed by his current wife, had a shit feud with Jericho that employed his early family troubles and generated no heat and heel turn that was mainly with Ryback and overshadowed again by Paul Heyman.

Luckily Rock saved us all from that abortion.

I don't know what was worse JBLs run or Triples H world title run around the same time.

The thoroughly enjoyed the Jinder title reign. Again, his matches weren’t good but he had some really entertaining promos and was a fun character.

The thoroughly enjoyed the Jinder title reign. Again, his matches weren’t good but he had some really entertaining promos and was a fun character.
Especially after that Wyatt Orton crapfest.
tumblr_m9m30rMFoW1qkktc4o1_500.gif

280 days alone would make you tied for the top 20 WWE Champions ever. Its a month more than Undertaker's four reigns combined. It's more than Daniel Bryan, Batista, Stasiak, Rogers, Foley, and Flair had it combined.

As to the main point Mahal was much worse. JBL was a steady hand in a crappy era where the company had to adjust to a changing climate. Most of the guys he went over were protected, and most were established people like Taker, Eddie, Booker, Angle, and Big Show. The only one who really should have got a run in the middle was Book.

Jinder was a misreading of epic proportions. Smackdown didn't have any established guys to juice Mahal, after Orton left it was a land without untouchables. Cena only appeared (Jesus he'd never do such a job) to fuck over Corbin (goodbye possible main event run). He'd just come off a feud with Mojo Rawley (lol Andre Battle Royal Winner), destroyed the credibility of the midcarders (fuck you Sami apparently) and sabotaged Nakamura in the eyes of the normal fan.
Oh cool he held it longer than Stan Stasiak, theres an accomplishment
This isnt about being in the top 20 and listing a buncha transitional and short term champions doesnt make JBL a long term champ
Bruno, Pedro, Backlund and Hogan were long term champs
Personally I wouldn't even call Randy Savage a long term champ but I can understand the argument for him cause he went from Wrestlemania to Wrestlemania
I understand times ahave changed and there are no more 6 year title reigns but anyone holding it less than Randy Savage certainly isnt a long tern champ

It was nothing compared to Roman Reigns 1000 day run. - The Future

When it comes to long term, unwatchable champions...Jeff Jarrett

02-05 was heel dominated world champs which is strange considering wwe was considered the face territory, compared to wcw which was heel oriented. The post attitude era was a transitional era until cena/batista era occurs.

jbl as heel champ was strange in real time, took a while to get used to one half of the apa as a main eventer out of nowhere. The eddie fued sold me on jbl that he can go in main events, in hindsight jbl was keeping the belt warm til cena rose up the card. 02-04 wwe were transition years trying to find a new identity post attitude era.

I was gonna say The Great Khali, but he only held it for 61 days... felt a lot longer.

02-05 was heel dominated world champs which is strange considering wwe was considered the face territory, compared to wcw which was heel oriented. The post attitude era was a transitional era until cena/batista era occurs.

jbl as heel champ was strange in real time, took a while to get used to one half of the apa as a main eventer out of nowhere. The eddie fued sold me on jbl that he can go in main events, in hindsight jbl was keeping the belt warm til cena rose up the card. 02-04 wwe were transition years trying to find a new identity post attitude era.

I also think JBL getting the WWE title was a reward for basically being Vince's enforcer. If somebody pissed off management during that time, they got sentenced to "APA", which was basically being booked to lose a tag match against the APA, and they basically kick the fuck out of you.

Oddly enough, Vince genuinely thought that JBL character had huge potential as a babyface.

I also think JBL getting the WWE title was a reward for basically being Vince's enforcer. If somebody pissed off management during that time, they got sentenced to "APA", which was basically being booked to lose a tag match against the APA, and they basically kick the fuck out of you.

Oddly enough, Vince genuinely thought that JBL character had huge potential as a babyface.

Vince McMahon can get it spot on or epically wrong. When Vince told his Dad he was going to make a 6'6" Hulk Hogan the babyface to lead the WWF onto the next level he was told nobody would sympathise with the very big man as an underdog but it worked. I never enjoyed Hulk Hulkamania but millions of others did.

Lesnar's Universal title run was far worse, at least JBL showed up more frequently and, as people have said, the Guerrero feud was solid. Quite enjoyed his matches with 'Taker too, if I recall.

I don't know because I didn't watch wrestling from 2003-2007.

I would say CM Punks face run. So bland and boring.

He was a wrestling God.

'Nuff said.

I don't know because I didn't watch wrestling from 2003-2007.

I would say CM Punks face run. So bland and boring.
Punk's was by far the worst because the WWE title was back on Raw. Never main-evented a PPV.

Great Khali. 2 months isnt long term but it was in this case when every match involving the colossal fuck feels like an eternity.

Back