Is Jon Jones the best fighter we've ever seen

Jones is the best, agree?

• Total voters
Elaborate. Because he passed his tests or because he didn't finish him?

He has one KO win in his career which is now ruled a no contest because Trinabol is a steroid. Like, if I jumped on anadrol and started punching out high schoolers, nobody would be impressed or talking GOAT status. The wheels are coming off this car. I cannot wait to see the hilarious antics Jones gets up to next.

I don't think anybody has squandered their gifts more than Jones. I think his fear of losing pushed him to do whatever it took not to lose including GEAR.

let go of the bitterness and xenophobia in your heart

Not an argument but, your lack of an argument and predisposition to adversity to competition is a good indicator of your low testosterone. You call yourself a man?

HILARIOUS!

Not an argument but, your lack of an argument and predisposition to adversity to competition is a good indicator of your low testosterone. You call yourself a man?

HILARIOUS!

look bitch just cause Fedor didn't fight "UFC" doesn't mean he was "adverse to competition"

Then again, I wouldn't expect a new fan like you to understand Pride FC(google that) was a higher paying more dangerous openweight no drug testing alternative to the UFC during Fedor's prime rather than a gay parade in the streets

If I ignore that he cheats, his skill set is incredible.

But I can't ignore he cheats.
my answer is "yes, but..." as well. that's not an answer on this poll, and it should be.

DJ is probably the best, but it's hard to give it to him for other reasons that if you got this far into this thread i shouldn't have to regurgitate because you already know the reasons (even if you disagree with them).

GSP, Fedor, A Silva and a few others have captured attention for all the right reasons to put them into this conversation.

but J Jones could have and should have been the Pele of this sport. but....

and i have to admit, looking back on the last 10 years, i acknowledge that his 'fingers out' defense was not illegal, and yet it still cheapened his legacy. i also acknowledge that this opinion is somewhat of a paradox and a little bit bullshit.

that's what we get with Jon Jones. a lot of half beliefs, paradoxes and "yes, but..."s. and that sucks.

Last edited:
The guy fought 24 times n never really lost a fight.

Not only that but he was never close of being finished in a fight either (expect that armbar vs vitor)

You can make an argument that he lost 2 or 3 rounds in his career at most

That’s bettter than any other goat candidate

"He used steroids" doesn't change the fact that he's the best fighter we have ever seen. Did he maybe use PEDs to get there? Sure. But so did 99.99999% of pro fighters

The guy fought 24 times n never really lost a fight.

Not only that but he was never close of being finished in a fight either (expect that armbar vs vitor)

You can make an argument that he lost 2 or 3 rounds in his career at most

That’s bettter than any other goat candidate

i agree with everything you said, but will add one more line to it:

"and yet he still felt the need to break the rules going into his last bout."​

why i don't know. but that's why this poll needs a "yes, but...." answer.

best p4p = yes but prob not best absolute fighter ever seen.
some hw's would pose probs

I wouldn't object to anyone saying he's the goat, I personally have Andy and Fedor ahead by a bit but he's easily goat LHW.

Not even close.

Demetrious Johnson is the best fighter we've ever seen.

2nd best.

Mighty Mouse is 1st.
giphy.gif

Forget his losses after his 32nd fight past his prime, forget that his didn't fight a couple of the top fighters at the time in Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar, isn't Fedor Emelianenko the best we've ever seen in the cage?

Forget his only three submission losses, forget that his career is still going and he hasn't faced the top contenders at LW, isn't Conor McGregor the best we've ever seen?

Forget his two losses that he easily avenged, forget that he rarely finishes any fighter during his championship run, isn't GSP the best we've ever seen?

Forget that he's not really interested in taking on big challenges, that he never avenged his losses and he fights in a division no one cares about, isn't Mighty Mouse the best we've ever seen?

When you forget a bunch of key facts, a lot of people can be the best ever.

No, he was just bigger than his opponents.

I'm not one to normally harp about that kind of stuff, usually I'd just say your physical attributes are your physical attributes, but he was significantly taller and longer than the others and you can't deny it had a lot to do with his success. Incredible fighter otherwise, but it probably speaks volumes when the one time he fought someone roughly his own size (Gus), he didn't look like the god he normally did.

For me it is still Fedor and i think he will be for a long time to come.
sylvia_fedor.jpg Jones-Cormier.png
-Fedor, a 182 cm & 104/106 kilograms guy who always fought in hws vs guys of 130 kilograms or more (95% of times)
-Jones, a 194 cm guy who always fought in lhws, to take advantage of his reach and heigh, and the only one he fought a guy of his size ( alexander) he was in some troubles....

Back