Is Jordan B Peterson's new website idea an atrocious one or reasonable one?

I find it so hard to believe that people are so taken by this guy.

He's not even a leader in his field.

How many leaders in their field are willing to put themselves up for public scrutiny, though? Not many.

Largely because anyone with genuinely simulating material to share who is willing to engage the public in it is going to inevitably get audiences behind him. If it makes sense for Neil Degrasse Tyson, Lawrence Krauss, Bill Nye, Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins to have large audiences taken by them, it clearly makes sense for Jordan Peterson to have the same.

It's not hard to believe at all. It's just that you and the other haters have obviously never sat down and watched one his videos all the way through because you're prejudiced against him for his opinion on pronouns. He's not a right-winger, he's a classic liberal, you guys don't know anything about him or about anything he says. All you can come up with are personal attacks since you're unaware of any of his arguments or material, and can't address them.

It is always going to be very rare that these things are reported on in a balanced way

"The proposed website has created a climate of fear and intimidation"

lol this line is taken directly out of a can, and is always trotted out by postmodernists. Victimology 101. I think I have lost count how many times I have seen that 'climate of fear of intimidation' line used it just makes me laugh now.
Well, some people fear exploring ideas outside of those within their social circles. So it stands to reason they would be intimidated by anything that might challenge their way of thinking. Intimidation isn't necessarily an action, it could be just difficult terrain. Such as 1+1 for a wee tyke, or a snowy road for our southern Sherbros. Have some sympathy you heartless monster!

It's not hard to believe at all. It's just that you and the other haters have obviously never sat down and watched one his videos all the way through because you're prejudiced against him for his opinion on pronouns. He's not a right-winger, he's a classic liberal, you guys don't know anything about him or about anything he says. All you can come up with are personal attacks since you're unaware of any of his arguments or material, and can't address them.

Or, people are not convinced into worshiping a man who is simply speaking the obvious truth as if it's breakthrough knowledge on a level with natural selection or the gene theory of disease.

His beliefs, or lack thereof, on religion, shows me he has a serious problem with not bullshitting people on simple questions.

When someone asks me "Are you a christian?" a philosophical dodge is not needed. A yes or no, not a "I dont knwo if I'm qualified to opine on the metaphysical atomic properties of a man being bodily resurrected in relation to what I might personally call truth." is needed......

Largely because anyone with genuinely simulating material to share who is willing to engage the public in it is going to inevitably get audiences behind him. If it makes sense for Neil Degrasse Tyson, Lawrence Krauss, Bill Nye, Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins to have large audiences taken by them, it clearly makes sense for Jordan Peterson to have the same.

Some of those names were at least big names in their field.

Peterson is not

How many leaders in their field are willing to put themselves up for public scrutiny, though? Not many.

Because they are leaders in their field and have no time for the shit Peterson engages in.

That's the the difference

As with anyone that buys into the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory, he's catering to the conservative persecution complex.
There's no shortage of examples showing that to be a path to popularity.

I've watched all his rogan podcasts. I don't find anything that special about him

Like I said he's not a leader In his field

As with anyone that buys into the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory, he's catering to the conservative persecution complex.
There's no shortage of examples showing that to be a path to popularity.

Th Marxist roots of the ideology being peddled now (for example critical theory, critical race theory, critical gender theory, etc) isn't theoretical. It's open and not disputed.

It's just a reformulation of classic economic based Marxism.

But, I suppose it depends on what a person means when they say 'cultural Marxism'.

Th Marxist roots of the ideology being peddled now (for example critical theory, critical race theory, critical gender theory, etc) isn't theoretical. It's open and not disputed.

It's just a reformulation of classic economic based Marxism.

Yeah, I'm aware you're a CTer.

Because they are leaders in their field and have no time for the shit Peterson engages in.

That's the the difference

If every "intellectual leader" is hiding in a laboratory, then mediocre intellectuals are the best that we can ask for, to partake in the public debates.

Or would you prefer that the public debate continues to be dominated by celebrities and people with no education whatsoever?

Yeah, I'm aware you're a CTer.

I mean it quite literally that it is open. Anyone can pop open wikipedia and see the Marxist roots of it.

There are aspects that aren't covered in a typical wiki of course, but at the very basic level of even just acknowledging that it is Marxist rooted that isn't a controversial statement.

He's driven by his insurmountable level of salt. He can't get over it, so he hides it behind intellectualism. People take the bait and then fall into his cult.

Fuck him.

No heroes.
No idols.
No political loyalty.

I mean it quite literally that it is open. Anyone can pop open wikipedia and see the Marxist roots of it.

...and anyone that bothers to actually read the Frankfurt school material and history will recognise the reality of blaming it for social development over the past half a century, including the last 3 decades dominated by neoliberalism, for exactly what it is.

...and anyone that bothers to actually read the Frankfurt school material and history will recognise the reality of blaming it for social development over the past half a century, including the last 3 decades dominated by neoliberalism, for exactly what it is.

Its impossible to blame such large things on a single factor.

A contributing factor, yes of course. It's only a matter of extents that is not easy to ascertain.

Its impossible to blame such large things on a single factor.

A contributing factor, yes of course. It's only a matter of extents that is not easy to ascertain.

Yeah. It's bullshit.

Not a lot of discussion on the actual proposal in here, just a lot of "I don't like Peterson".

His YouTube videos have made your life better?

Lol
Why lol? He's a clinical psychologist, is it crazy to think he might have some to say that has practical relevance to someone's personal life?

Back