Is Jordan B Peterson's new website idea an atrocious one or reasonable one?

Is it fair to say he started off a lot more level headed than where he is right now.?

When he started off I remember a lot had to do with free speech and allowing others to have a platform even if you disagree with them. Currently he seems to be getting a bit wacky.

He has been rather consistent with his ideas from the beginning. He talks about the same things (combining religion, psychology, history, self-responsibility) in his older videos that he is talking about now. He pissed some people off because he questioned the ridiculous bill C-16 which relates to pronoun language and he started fighting back against the tyrannical academic leftist cult.

He sounds the same in this 2012 video as he does now:

He has been rather consistent with his ideas from the beginning. He talks about the same things (combining religion, psychology, history, self-responsibility) in his older videos that he is talking about now. He pissed some people off because he questioned the ridiculous bill C-16 which relates to pronoun language and he started fighting back against the tyrannical academic leftist cult.

He sounds the same in this 2012 video as he does now:

Well I have a life so I haven't watched everything he's done for the past 5 years.

When he first became popular I noticed his ideas were more
Level headed

You might think they're on the fringe, but I'm not sure if they're on the fringe in Jordan Peterson's environment. It could be that he is correct about fringe elements being given way too much emphasis, in the places where he works as a teacher. From what I understand, the University of Toronto is quite heavily left-leaning.

Peterson has had his job threatened by University officials, been targeted by the left leaning press, had classes and talks shut down by leftist mobs and had propaganda posters questioning his character posted in his neighborhood. He is not just going to sit back and take it.

Here is just one example of what he faces on a regular basis from leftist bullies:

What the christ are you talking about?
I'm talking about the massive machine that is cultural Marxism pushing post modernism, intersectionality and identity politics through academics into politics. How could you not have any understanding of what I'm talking about?

I like J. Pete. What I worry about is him doing a Stefan Molyneaux where the more followers and famous he gets, the more he drifts away from his original positions into become a personality.

I use to like Molyneaux a lot, now I can' stand him. It would suck if that happened to Peterson as well.

Why lol? He's a clinical psychologist, is it crazy to think he might have some to say that has practical relevance to someone's personal life?

I've never watched a YouTube video and had it make my life feel better.

In fact no video outside of YouTube has done that to me.

You should read William S Lind to see the origin of this "Cultural Marxism" stuff. It's amazing how far it's come from such an extreme fringe idea (the guy's nuts, and his fantasies are disturbing).

It doesn't seem like the guy invented anything outside of rehashing some talking points from defected KGB agents in the 70's.

It doesn't seem like the guy invented anything outside of rehashing some talking points from defected KGB agents in the 70's.

He consolidated and popularised the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory. Before that it was just the incoherent ramblings of the John Birch Society and the like.

I'm talking about the massive machine that is cultural Marxism pushing post modernism, intersectionality and identity politics through academics into politics. How could you not have any understanding of what I'm talking about?
You just repeated yourself...

Can I assume you're one of these people who think that a handful of entitled, loudmouthed college clubs are controlling the world?

You just repeated yourself...

Can I assume you're one of these people who think that a handful of entitled, loudmouthed college clubs are controlling the world?

It's pretty clear to me you haven't actually spent much time thinking about this.

1) they are a minority, I'll Grant that. But it is far from a handful.

2) how do you explain the same ideas being espoused by the same pumpkin pie purple hair cutted freaks from Germany, to the UK, to Canada, to the US? Even in South America they have these people. What is your explanation for how these people suddenly appeared across western civilization all at once, all having the same ideology? How do you explain that without including the fact that it's systemic?

Yeah, I've seen and read Yuri, the stuff of Bircher fantasies (literally). That's too vague to be "Cultural Marxism" as Lind pushed it though.

I'd say that he very clearly illustrates the gradual shift from traditional Marxist class-based warfare, that Marx proposed, to the later era neo-Marxist identity-based warfare, born out of the necessity to topple the American state specifically, which had proven resistant to all attempts to invoke class struggle. Therefore the shift was made to use America's multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, religiously liberal foundations against it, by sowing discord between identity groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures#Against_the_United_States

Since some KGB records have been published (most were destroyed immediately after the regime collapsed, of course), it has become clear that the attempts at influencing American society were very real, and not merely deluded fantasies on the part of right-wingers. In fact, many of the people who were "wrongfully" hunted down as Communists, have turned out to be exactly that, Soviet agents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eastern_Bloc_agents_in_the_United_States

It's pretty clear to me you haven't actually spent much time thinking about this.

1) they are a minority, I'll Grant that. But it is far from a handful.

2) how do you explain the same ideas being espoused by the same pumpkin pie purple hair cutted freaks from Germany, to the UK, to Canada, to the US? Even in South America they have these people. What is your explanation for how these people suddenly appeared across western civilization all at once, all having the same ideology? How do you explain that without including the fact that it's systemic?

Yeah that's one of the things that is a red flag. It's quite clearly internationally coordinated. You just can't hide that sort of thing from anyone willing to actually observe it.

One of many red flags.

It appears as a sort of grass roots thing to the layman, but upon closer inspection it is anything but.

I'd say that he very clearly illustrates the gradual shift from traditional Marxist class-based warfare, that Marx proposed, to the later era neo-Marxist identity-based warfare, born out of the necessity to topple the American state specifically, which had proven resistant to all attempts to invoke class struggle. Therefore the shift was made to use America's multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, religiously liberal foundations against it, by sowing discord between identity groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_measures#Against_the_United_States

Since some KGB records have been published (most were destroyed immediately after the regime collapsed, of course), it has become clear that the attempts at influencing American society were very real, and not merely deluded fantasies on the part of right-wingers. In fact, many of the people who were "wrongfully" hunted down as Communists, have turned out to be exactly that, Soviet agents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eastern_Bloc_agents_in_the_United_States

He doesn't clearly illustrate anything. He doesn't give concrete examples. Compare what he says to the findings in regard to the Mitrokhin Archive.
Most of what he says is clearly his own ideology.

Not to mention everything Yuri's said about timing was completely off, and it's no mistake that his first publicised interview was with G Edward Griffin. He was a deeply cynical and pessimistic man.

What's more we've seen the evolution of the documented tactics with the latest iteration of Russian "soft power".

Nor do Soviet conspiracy theories tie into the Frankfurt school "cultural marxism " conspiracy theory. That's why Lind popularised them after the fall of communism.

But those people are the fringe and theyre equally as bad IMO

But when Peterson first came around he seemed much more level
Headed than what we see now.

What exactly do you find wacky in Peterson's recent ideas?

I do think that Peterson's model for gaining fame is innovative. He essentially uses his credentials, and not the knowledge acquired in their pursuit, to hollowly pander to uneducated persons.

Yea, none of Peterson's material uses the knowledge he's acquired in the pursuit of his credentials at all.

I hate to sound like a righty here, but you guys are really swinging blindly in this thread.

Not a lot of discussion on the actual proposal in here, just a lot of "I don't like Peterson".

The article isn't much different.

People teaching the courses Peterson wants to target are worried about their jobs. A.W. Peet - who was given a chance to properly counter Peterson already - continues to add nothing of value to the conversation.

Very persuasive.

Back