Is Julian Jackson the hardest puncher in boxing?

Didn't McCallum say Jackson's punches hurt/were effective because how fast they were? Like it caught you off guard.

And yeah, agree with Nastyleft about Roy.

I remember Jackson saying he could feel it in his elbow, when he hit somebody right and knew the fight was over. I still say Shavers overall and Jackson P4P, but there are other less skilled guys who could really crack. Foreman, GGG, even Tyson to a degree have a lot of combination finishes. Jackson hits you and your body short circuits and your feet are twitching, its a different type of power. Randall Bailey has it too, but he's less skilled than Jackson was so he hasn't been able to land it as effectively in big fights.

P4P imo his the hardest puncher ever, the speed and ferocity that he lands his punches is just so frightening. His p4p my number 1 puncher of all time, ahead of Tyson, Tua, Foreman etc.

I know the murderers row, and how no one would fight them, so they fought each other. But, Ezzard was 20 and 161 and 160 for the fights, and Burley 155 and 151 respectively, so if Burley could go to LHW, and beat Moore when Moore was 20lbs heavier, young Ezzard at MW should be easy work, right? All I'm saying is not every name out there avoided murderers row, and not all of them lost bad either. Who do you really think would have won, Robinson or Burley?
50-50 chances.
Burley was a defensive genius that both Eddie Futch and Archie Moore agreed that he was the best boxer they've seen and fought respectively.
That's the highest praise coming from probably the most experienced and accomplished trainer of the sport and
a legend who fought everyone and their mother, including losing to Charles 2-3 times.

50-50 chances.
Burley was a defensive genius that both Eddie Futch and Archie Moore agreed that he was the best boxer they've seen and fought respectively.
That's the highest praise coming from probably the most experienced and accomplished trainer of the sport and
a legend who fought everyone and their mother, including losing to Charles 2-3 times.

Thankyou for replying. But, Idk I never felt the same on how a trainer weighed in on who they thought was the best boxer by the eye test since Manny Steward lost his mind over Jorge Linares on HBO.

Manny: LINARES IS THE MOST NATURALLY GIFTED BOXER IVE EVER SEEN!!
-Linares stopped by Demarco-

Jk though, they definitely see what I don't, I respect the words of wise trainers. SRR had his praises sang by many experts as well.

Thankyou for replying. But, Idk I never felt the same on how a trainer weighed in on who they thought was the best boxer by the eye test since Manny Steward lost his mind over Jorge Linares on HBO.

Manny: LINARES IS THE MOST NATURALLY GIFTED BOXER IVE EVER SEEN!!
-Linares stopped by Demarco-

Jk though, they definitely see what I don't, I respect the words of wise trainers. SRR had his praises sang by many experts as well.

Manny does have a history of getting crazy about guys that end up to be not so special.
He also said that Andy Lee is the best boxer he ever trained.

In Burley's case high praise came from all directions.

I remember Jackson saying he could feel it in his elbow, when he hit somebody right and knew the fight was over. I still say Shavers overall and Jackson P4P, but there are other less skilled guys who could really crack. Foreman, GGG, even Tyson to a degree have a lot of combination finishes. Jackson hits you and your body short circuits and your feet are twitching, its a different type of power. Randall Bailey has it too, but he's less skilled than Jackson was so he hasn't been able to land it as effectively in big fights.
Bailey is an underrated one. He had huge power.

Just to get a few more in there that hasn't been mentioned. Beterbiev has a lot of power:

and of course Kudryashov has scary power:

Case in point:

dZxT6P.gif

That's the body language of a guy who's been knocking ppl dead for years and knows when he hits a homerun. Like the Giancarlo Stanton of boxing type power. The bat flip of ko's, so to speak.

Case in point:

dZxT6P.gif

That's the body language of a guy who's been knocking ppl dead for years and knows when he hits a homerun. Like the Giancarlo Stanton of boxing type power. The bat flip of ko's, so to speak.
That was pretty BOSS right there...

He was 220,Jackson was 160 and killing dudes....
So a 160lb Jackson punched harder than Tyson?

You haven't mentioned p4p so I suggest you haven't thought this one through.

Edwin Valero knocked everyone out but that doesn't make him heads up punch harder than Sherman Williams.

So a 160lb Jackson punched harder than Tyson?

You haven't mentioned p4p so I suggest you haven't thought this one through.

Edwin Valero knocked everyone out but that doesn't make him heads up punch harder than Sherman Williams.
That's what you got from that?C'mon man!
Of course p4p.......Ty was murderous at hvy......
Jackson had the ko touch.......

Shavers , the stories you hear are insane. People who fought several hws at the time all said said shavers, like the other guy said for foreman to respect the guys power like that , that sells it for me. Jackson had consussive power probably top 5 p4p punchers of all time

So you think Julian Jackson would one shot a 17-18st pro boxer?

Julian Jackson p4p may hit harder but in actual reality he does not hit harder than Foreman or prime Tyson.

There's one thing KO'ing Light Middle weights and another KO'ing Heavy weights.

Ko's are a lot less common at Light Middleweight, which makes Jackson even more impressive.

We've never seen a puncher like Jackson at HW--Shavers is the closest but when you account for how much more likely knockouts are at HW he isn't even in Jackson's league.

Tyson was not a huge puncher, he was just the total package (great speed, good power, great angles and reflexes)

Ko's are a lot less common at Light Middleweight, which makes Jackson even more impressive.

We've never seen a puncher like Jackson at HW--Shavers is the closest but when you account for how much more likely knockouts are at HW he isn't even in Jackson's league.

Tyson was not a huge puncher, he was just the total package (great speed, good power, great angles and reflexes)

to be fair earnie was a fairly small hw which makes it more impressive

Back