Is keith ducking Spence?

Strange King

Strange Music
@Silver
Reaction score
I hate to say boxers duck other boxers. Theres always money or some other shit that gets in the way but I'm leaning on the side that keith is ducking.

Keiths response to errols excuses was just that I'm bad ass and he loves hard fights but no direct answer to errol about the fight. Its weird.

He seems afraid of Errol Spence.

Thurman's actually a smart guy, and I think he knows deep down that Spence is going to be a big problem for him. I wouldn't say he's scared of Spence, but he'd probably rather get in some easier fights to assess where he's at post injury before taking such a huge risk.

My initial thought was that he was a little hesitant there, but I think he's mostly just trying to keep fan expectations in line. He's not fighting Spence next, not after a layoff. If he got aggressive about it during that interview, he'd run the risk of coming off how Canelo did with Golovkin after the Khan fight.

He wasn't allowed to throw a single punch for 6 months and he said he needs a tune up or two before facing Spence in about a year. I don't blame him at all and since Spence isn't even in his prime yet it's not like he's trying to age him out of the running.

After a huge layoff Spence would eat Thurman for breakfast. After a tune up Spence will probably still eat Thurman for breakfast but it will be more of a fight.

Thurman said during the fight that he knows he isn't as hungry as Spence and he wants kids and got married and I can see him building the Spence fight as a possible retirement match. Again since Spence is young and hungry I can't fault Thurman for going from his biggest fight ever into a post-injury easier touch and then giving Spence his shot. It would benefit both guys financially and there are plenty of fights for Spence to make in the meantime.

Thurman said during the fight that he knows he isn't as hungry as Spence and he wants kids and got married and I can see him building the Spence fight as a possible retirement match. Again since Spence is young and hungry I can't fault Thurman for going from his biggest fight ever into a post-injury easier touch and then giving Spence his shot. It would benefit both guys financially and there are plenty of fights for Spence to make in the meantime.
your last paragraph that keith said had me saying WTF. Youre not as hungry as spence, sounded to me at that time like he just wasn't into boxing like he should

your last paragraph that keith said had me saying WTF. Youre not as hungry as spence, sounded to me at that time like he just wasn't into boxing like he should

Yeah the whole interview(second one up top)was pretty astonishing. He sounds like a guy on his way out. All about marriage and kids and life after boxing. I would not be surprised if he plans to unify at the end of next year and hang up the gloves for good. The problem is Spence is a huge obstacle since he has a belt and all roads lead through him.

Thurman has let all of that new cunny-juice steep his brains into a mush of domestic bliss...Spence and Crawford are hard men and he's on his way out tfrom the ring to spending afternoons at Gymboree and the maternity ward in hospitals.

I hate to say boxers duck other boxers. Theres always money or some other shit that gets in the way but I'm leaning on the side that keith is ducking.

Keiths response to errols excuses was just that I'm bad ass and he loves hard fights but no direct answer to errol about the fight. Its weird.

It's called surgery Keith Thurman just had surgery on his Elbow he needs time to heal up, get in the Jim get his timing back get sharp get in shape have 1 or 2 tune-ups. Because he's fighting perhaps the best fighter he has gone up against in his career and he just wants to be ready, because he doesn't want to lose his title to Spence Jr. Because last time he checked hes no Mayweather that can take a year off and then fight a tune-up fight against a top ten pound for pound fighter in the world, that just fought Manny P. and gives him hell.

Thurman is not stupid and you would do the same dam thing if you were the champion of the world, that just had surgery and you had to fight the best fighter you have ever fought in your career.

071.gif

you-dont-want-to-hangout-with-these-people-05.gif

And the last time I checked Spence has to show me and some of us hes the real deal to because he hasn't proved himself yet and he looked sloppy and got hit allot in his fight with Brook.

Because Thurman is no joke, just ask Garcia, Keith Thurman can crack to and has a chin.

If Spence decides he wants to be that inside pressure power punching southpaw that we are seeing now he better be ready because Thurman got hands and pop in his game.

It's called surgery Keith Thurman just had surgery on his Elbow he needs time to heal up, get in the Jim get his timing back get sharp get in shape have 1 or 2 tune-ups. Because he's fighting perhaps the best fighter he has gone up against in his career and he just wants to be ready, because he doesn't want to lose his title to Spence Jr. Because last time he checked hes no Mayweather that can take a year off and then fight a tune-up fight against a top ten pound for pound fighter in the world, that just fought Manny P. and gives him hell.

Thurman is not stupid and you would do the same dam thing if you were the champion of the world, that just had surgery and you had to fight the best fighter you have ever fought in your career.

071.gif

you-dont-want-to-hangout-with-these-people-05.gif

Strange Kings whole point was that Thurman did not sound excited about fighting Spence. He sounded like he knew he would have to eventually if Spence stays undefeated but wasn't looking forward to it at all. He pretty much said that out loud when he said Spence was hungrier than he was.

Thurman sounds like a guy more worried about protecting what he has instead of gaining anything else.

See, up until this year, boxing fans have been starved of occasions where the best step up to the plate. Good fights like LSC vs Framtpon and Kovalev vs Ward 1 toward the end of last year were the start of what has been a pretty great time as a boxing fan. And now we get Loma vs Rigo in December? Big boxing fans are ecstatic about that. But, since we've been deprived for so long, and boxing politics seems to get off sexually by withholding from its fans, we clamour and clamour and they - like Julius Caesar refusing the crown thrice handed to him by Antony - wait and wait to see what they can get from us by gauging our collective reactions.

We shouldn't feel treated to the best fighting the best, it should be an expectation in a sport that's about establishing alpha status.

Let's just hope these two fight in the next year or two. I believe Thurman deserves a tune up post injury, and I expect Spence may have a mandatory on the horizon, but anything past that is shamelessly denying that which should happen.

I'm ranting...I just hope they fight...

Strange Kings whole point was that Thurman did not sound excited about fighting Spence. He sounded like he knew he would have to eventually if Spence stays undefeated but wasn't looking forward to it at all. He pretty much said that out loud when he said Spence was hungrier than he was.

Thurman sounds like a guy more worried about protecting what he has instead of gaining anything else.

Fighter say things all the time and we fans try to read what we want to out of it.

This is what I read out of his words. I just married the love of my life and just had elbow surgery and I need to re-focus on my boxing career but my wife wants kids right now and I said to her in a couple of years when i stop boxing then we can have kids. I need a tune up before I think about fighting this hungry lion that is hungry like I was wen I became champ. I just need to get my focus back to boxing because i lost focus getting married and had some thoughts about not boxing and starting a family.

And that's what I read into his words.

Maybe i am wrong 100% and he scared of Spence jr we have all heard this stuff before and then they fight and the fighter that everyone was saying he was scared ends up winning the fight.

But we will see anyway wont we.

And i don't think K. Thurman is a good boxer at all but the man just seems to keep winning even if hes not skill-full enough he just seems to win and i am ok with it hes a nice guy but inside power punching with no defense only gets you so far.

But one thing about him he will fight and go toe to toe with anyone you put in front of him thats what i know about him.

Fighter say things all the time and we fans try to read what we want to out of it.

This is what I read out of his words. I just married the love of my life and just had elbow surgery and I need to re-focus on my boxing career but my wife wants kids right now and I said to her in a couple of years when i stop boxing then we can have kids. I need a tune up before I think about fighting this hungry lion that is hungry like I was wen I became champ. I just need to get my focus back to boxing because i lost focus getting married and had some thoughts about not boxing and starting a family.

And that's what I read into his words.

Maybe i am wrong 100% and he scared of Spence jr we have all heard this stuff before and then they fight and the fighter that everyone was saying he was scared ends up winning the fight.

But we will see anyway wont we.

And i don't think K. Thurman is a good boxer at all but the man just seems to keep winning even if hes not skill-full enough he just seems to win and i am ok with it hes a nice guy but inside power punching with no defense only gets you so far.

But one thing about him he will fight and go toe to toe with anyone you put in front of him thats what i know about him.

I just think it is pretty common with fighters who do whatever they can to get in the ring with the best when they are up and coming then they achieve a high status and start trying to protect what they have. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing or a wrong thing to do. It is just not what I as a fan want to see.

Look how Canelo took on literally everyone he could get his hands on early in his career then he spent years fighting bums on PPV just because he could. Danny Garcia did the same thing with going after good fighters and getting a couple huge wins then switching to 90% shit fights for years.

Thurman is simply admitting that Spence is where he was a few years ago as the guy trying to fight the best to reach the top while Thurman himself feels like he is on top so he can take his time and pick his fights as carefully as he sees fit.

The shit part is that the top two guys(Thurman/Garcia)don't want Spence regardless of his legit belt. At least Thurman can say he is recovering from surgery. Danny just doesn't have the heart/will/balls to take him on.

I just think it is pretty common with fighters who do whatever they can to get in the ring with the best when they are up and coming then they achieve a high status and start trying to protect what they have. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing or a wrong thing to do. It is just not what I as a fan want to see.

Look how Canelo took on literally everyone he could get his hands on early in his career then he spent years fighting bums on PPV just because he could. Danny Garcia did the same thing with going after good fighters and getting a couple huge wins then switching to 90% shit fights for years.

Thurman is simply admitting that Spence is where he was a few years ago as the guy trying to fight the best to reach the top while Thurman himself feels like he is on top so he can take his time and pick his fights as carefully as he sees fit.

The shit part is that the top two guys(Thurman/Garcia)don't want Spence regardless of his legit belt. At least Thurman can say he is recovering from surgery. Danny just doesn't have the heart/will/balls to take him on.

The myth that Spence is that good comes from the Jim sparring partners with Mayweather and Broner. But for me he needs to prove himself to because you can look great in sparring but when it counts not live up to the hype. Because he got hit allot against Brook and showed poor inside defense trying to be this pressure power punching inside fighting southpaw he is now. Instead of boxing smart and using defense and offense that makes Brook chase him and has Brook run into his power punches stopping Brook the smart way. But his trainer wants him to fight like that hes his trainer so-be-it.

Garcia took on Matthysse when everyone said he wouldn't and would lose even though they have that same style like Thurman it just depends upon which has the best chin and the better poor defense.

So don't think he won't fight Spence Jr.

Garcia is not that good just like Thurman and Matthysse they all have the same style low ring IQ inside power punching brawlers with no or little defense or head movement.

And the funny thing is Spence did the same thing against Brook he was a inside power punching brawler with no or little defense or head movement and I think he's better then that.

Smart boxers give these guys hell and we all think Spence Jr is that gifted that fighter that cleans out welterweight super welterweight and middle weight but the word is still out on him still.

Canelo is a better boxer then all of them right now but Spence is more than likely better then him. The only problem Canelo had taking to long to fight GGG is he wasn't strong enough at middle weight and he didn't feel comfortable because he's not a true middle weight. But the reason why he hung with GGG was because of his skills not that hes a real middle weight fighter. It's because he's got good skill and got better and can make GGG miss his punches and slips his punches.

I call him a poor mans Mayweather because he has skill but is not smart enough like Mayweather and isn't on that Level but is still good enough to stay champion and be champion again and still beat GGG.

But will lose to Charlo after he beats GGG and then Spence takes over super welterweight beats little brother making a showdown with Charlo's big brother at middle weight we can only hope this happens great drama.
DramaticClap.gif

Back