Is keith ducking Spence?

I like to think he's not hungry at the moment, because he's not training. He's fat and lazy at the moment. He's not going to be hungry and Keith is someone who speaks his mind. Once he starts training and feels confident in his body I think we will see a whole different tune out of him.

That being said, I still give the edge to spence in a close and exciting fight.

This is the Spence i want to see that defensive counter punching power puncher that can get in and out but still pressure and throw punches on the inside using great defense and head movement and his legs.
Spence Jr. vs van Heerden FULL FIGHT: September 11th, 2015 - PBC on Spike
This is the Spence that beats them all except maybe
Terence Crawford that's another story right there Crawford is bad bushiness for everyone at 147.

This is the fighter i am afraid he will try to be.
A pressure power punching southpaw with no or little head movement and not using his legs and his jab and getting hit with punches he shouldn't get hit with like Thurman, Garcia and Matthysse do.
Spence fights like this against Crawford bad buisness for Spence Jr. He might get caught and stopped.

I wouldn't write Thurman off as easy as some of you do. Spence doesn't have to like that fight and if he gets caught with the right shot early, even if it doesn't knock him out, it could make him hesitant enough to get got.

I like to think he's not hungry at the moment, because he's not training. He's fat and lazy at the moment. He's not going to be hungry and Keith is someone who speaks his mind. Once he starts training and feels confident in his body I think we will see a whole different tune out of him.

That being said, I still give the edge to spence in a close and exciting fight.

Thurman always looks heavy, not thin and always ready to go like Mayweather looked and others at the lower weight classes you can tell hes not a jim rat always sharp and ready to go at any time, if you ask him to spar right now he couldn't go 12 rounds.

Keith looks like he couldn't go 3 hard heavy rounds at any time hes not in camp.

I don't like he does that.

You have to always be ready sharp so you can work on your game plan fully and not spend all your time getting your timing and legs and conditioning back. Hes young and he doesn't need alot of rest he just needs to take a month off in between fights and then just do pad work heavy-bag work tons of timing double-end bag work, strength training abs and go about 12 rounds once a week 4 hard rounds 4 times a week no road work use a bike save his knees. This is his job just hit the Jim 5 days a week like a 9 to 5, 8 hours a day job. Taking a couple of hour long breaks in between training. Then every 3 months take a month off go on vacation or take a week or two off and stay home.

Young man like that should live in the Jim. not needing any rest you should have to force him to rest and stay out of the gym he should be like a sponge soaking up information.

James Toney looked like that and we found out he was a eater and gaind to much weight in between training camp then it started effecting his timing training and he looked sluggish and slow and tired,with heavy feet in fights.

Broner had this problem to looking heavy in between fights, then started to put allot of weight on. Effected his training and fights, losing interest not hungry.

Hungry for the wrong things.

It's funny 147 is so stacked full of talent but if Mayweather was still prime he would beat all of them even Spence and Crawford easy unanimous decision or stoppage.

That's some scary crazy talent and skill you must have.

And I don't think a person on here would disagree with me about him wining easily.

He would be the favorite in every fight against anyone at 147 and 155 and beat all of them easily.

That's scary crazy good
mayweather-marquez.gif

mayweather-rd-7.gif
FluidApprehensiveIndigowingedparrot.gif

mosley2010two1.gif

cotto20121.gif

5ngJzwU.gif

Prime Pacquiao, Cotto and Mosley would be favored over all these guys too. It's not as stacked as it was.

Prime Pacquiao, Cotto and Mosley would be favored over all these guys too. It's not as stacked as it was.
i think spence would've been problematic for all of them.

i agree they'd be favored, but spence hurts people.

I understand Khan is on the brink of retirement and it really doesn't matter if he's inactive. But Thurman is taking wayy too long to get into the ring. And yes, he is ducking Spence for the time being.

thurman needs a tune up, and a solid 9 months back training at the very least

him and spence is a real coin flip of a fight and you can make a fair argument for either one being the favourite

Id pick Spence over Cotto and Mosley and Id give him a very real shot at putting Pac to sleep.

Id pick Spence over Cotto and Mosley and Id give him a very real shot at putting Pac to sleep.

Oh for God's sake. This guy has become absurdly hyped on here. Why? Because he beat a bunch of tiny no named guys or because he beat a guy going up and down two weight classes who had been broken already by GGG? His defense is only OK. His handspeed is only ok. He doesn't seem to have one punch power. He's a big guy for a WW - that would be his only advantage in those fights.

Last edited:

Eh, he got hit a good bit vs Brook. They are good fights, but I think Cotto and Mosley would be favored.

I think Haymon paid Keith and Danny Garcia too much money early in the PBC era. They got some cash early, and have been lazy as hell. I know Keith is injured, but even before the injury he was fightign 1-2 a year, not always against good opposition (a looked average vs some of them).

Of for God's sake. This guy has become absurdly hyped on here. Why? Because he beat a bunch of tiny no named guys or because he beat a guy going up and down two weight classes who had been broken already by GGG? His defense is only OK. His handspeed is only ok. He doesn't seem to have one punch power. He's a big guy for a WW - that would be his only advantage in those fights.

I like Spence a lot, but I have to agree. The Brook fight was close, until the last couple rounds. Obviously Spence caused the injury, but that did play a big factor in the dramatic snowball of momentum Spence had the last 2-3 rounds.

Algeri is his next best win... that isn't too impressive.

I like Spence a lot, but I have to agree. The Brook fight was close, until the last couple rounds. Obviously Spence caused the injury, but that did play a big factor in the dramatic snowball of momentum Spence had the last 2-3 rounds.

Algeri is his next best win... that isn't too impressive.

Yeah I'm not saying he's garbage, but let's pump the breaks a little.

And the last time I checked Spence has to show me and some of us hes the real deal to because he hasn't proved himself yet and he looked sloppy and got hit allot in his fight with Brook.

Because Thurman is no joke, just ask Garcia, Keith Thurman can crack to and has a chin.

If Spence decides he wants to be that inside pressure power punching southpaw that we are seeing now he better be ready because Thurman got hands and pop in his game.
I don't think he's all that great technically, but Spence is relentless and comes to fight.

prime cotto and mosley? i like spence, but that's reaching a bit, don't you think?

spence was getting hit flush by brook, often too. i'm not sure you can get hit like that by a prime cotto and just walk it off. miguel has big power and he could box with the best of them.

i said earlier that he'd be a tough fight for all of them, but i wouldn't bet on him vs those guys in their prime. obviously he'd put pac into a coma right now, but even today's cotto could mow him down.

It's funny 147 is so stacked full of talent but if Mayweather was still prime he would beat all of them even Spence and Crawford easy unanimous decision or stoppage.
Whats funny about that? You said prime Floyd not current Floyd lol.

I understand Khan is on the brink of retirement and it really doesn't matter if he's inactive. But Thurman is taking wayy too long to get into the ring. And yes, he is ducking Spence for the time being.

They just reattached his elbow with invasive surgery and it requires 6 months without throwing a single punch or bearing any weight. You can't fault his inactivity at all. It's not even his choice. You can't say he's ducking anyone either until he's medically cleared to fight and actually announces an opponent.

As of right now he fought another champ for a semi-unification in his last fight and has been injured ever since. No fault in any of that.

Back