Is keith ducking Spence?

Thurman is ducking boxing as long as he heals.

If he were to face Spence I guess he'd dance, Garcia style, and I thinl Spence would do better than Garcia slowing him down. Now, given that Spence is there to be hit I wouldn't mind seeing how ha takes Thurman's punch when he plants his feet.

It's called surgery Keith Thurman just had surgery on his Elbow he needs time to heal up, get in the Jim get his timing back get sharp get in shape have 1 or 2 tune-ups. Because he's fighting perhaps the best fighter he has gone up against in his career and he just wants to be ready, because he doesn't want to lose his title to Spence Jr. Because last time he checked hes no Mayweather that can take a year off and then fight a tune-up fight against a top ten pound for pound fighter in the world, that just fought Manny P. and gives him hell.

Thurman is not stupid and you would do the same dam thing if you were the champion of the world, that just had surgery and you had to fight the best fighter you have ever fought in your career.

071.gif

you-dont-want-to-hangout-with-these-people-05.gif

he was called out way before the surgery. That's not a valid excuse

Id pick Spence over Cotto and Mosley and Id give him a very real shot at putting Pac to sleep.

Spence is still green you can't do that yet, we have to see him jump multiple weight classes and go against multiple boxing styles.
tumblr_m284dp2soK1rnvv35o1_500.gif

If you are talking about right now then yes, but if your talking prime , NO NO

He's not proven he had trouble against Brook.

Pac, Cotto, Shane are multiple weight class champions slow down a min.
diraajki5632dc4ec1c19377343389.gif

85351-dale-shhh-gif-the-walking-dead-pzrw.gif

Whats funny about that? You said prime Floyd not current Floyd lol.

Current Floyd has trouble against all of them losing to some gets by others.
417FDeZ4JfL.jpg

I really don't know what current Floyd looks like against them because we don't know how he has aged and looks against top guys at 147. My bet he hangs with them till he gets caught or barley wins on points.
tenor.gif

^ I have been trying to figure out why your posts seem so odd for some reason for days and couldn't do it until just now.

Normally people post GIFS in response to what someone else said or posted. You on the other hand fill your posts with GIFS in response to the things you said yourself. That is the oddest thing I've ever seen.

Not saying you should stop or anything. Just glad I figured it out and won't be haunted by my own confusion anymore.

Carry on!

Oh for God's sake. This guy has become absurdly hyped on here. Why? Because he beat a bunch of tiny no named guys or because he beat a guy going up and down two weight classes who had been broken already by GGG? His defense is only OK. His handspeed is only ok. He doesn't seem to have one punch power. He's a big guy for a WW - that would be his only advantage in those fights.
Hes only getting better. Hes huge. He can bang. He does everything well. Hes a killer.

Its amazing that all of a sudden youre down playing Brook. I seem to recall you posting about how good of a challange that was for Spence.

I like Spence a lot, but I have to agree. The Brook fight was close, until the last couple rounds. Obviously Spence caused the injury, but that did play a big factor in the dramatic snowball of momentum Spence had the last 2-3 rounds.

Algeri is his next best win... that isn't too impressive.
Again Brook is down played now. Where coming into this fight people were drooling over him.

Beating Algeri is one thing, the manner in which he did it is another.
prime cotto and mosley? i like spence, but that's reaching a bit, don't you think?

spence was getting hit flush by brook, often too. i'm not sure you can get hit like that by a prime cotto and just walk it off. miguel has big power and he could box with the best of them.

i said earlier that he'd be a tough fight for all of them, but i wouldn't bet on him vs those guys in their prime. obviously he'd put pac into a coma right now, but even today's cotto could mow him down.
What is a “prime Cotto”? Im a fanboy and I dont think he looked his very best until fairly recently after the Trout fight. People say “prime Cotto” but seem to forget the struggles Cotto had. The size and pressure of Spence along with his power poses all sorts of problems for Cotto. And yes Im aware Cotto could lay him out in the process as well. Same for Mosley.

Spence was getting hit by Brook, so what? The view on Brook has only changed since Spence caved his face in. Before that he was widely regarded for getting rounds against a much bigger Golovkin.

Spence is still green you can't do that yet, we have to see him jump multiple weight classes and go against multiple boxing styles.
tumblr_m284dp2soK1rnvv35o1_500.gif

If you are talking about right now then yes, but if your talking prime , NO NO

He's not proven he had trouble against Brook.

Pac, Cotto, Shane are multiple weight class champions slow down a min.
diraajki5632dc4ec1c19377343389.gif

85351-dale-shhh-gif-the-walking-dead-pzrw.gif
Unless in this fanntasy world theyre making Spence go down what they did at other weight classes is irrelevant.

When Spence eventually knocks Thurman out cold we can revisit this.

Hes only getting better. Hes huge. He can bang. He does everything well. Hes a killer.

Its amazing that all of a sudden youre down playing Brook. I seem to recall you posting about how good of a challange that was for Spence.

Again Brook is down played now. Where coming into this fight people were drooling over him.

What is a “prime Cotto”? Im a fanboy and I dont think he looked his very best until fairly recently after the Trout fight. People say “prime Cotto” but seem to forget the struggles Cotto had. The size and pressure of Spence along with his power poses all sorts of problems for Cotto. And yes Im aware Cotto could lay him out in the process as well. Same for Mosley.

Spence was getting hit by Brook, so what? The view on Brook has only changed since Spence caved his face in. Before that he was widely regarded for getting rounds against a much bigger Golovkin.

Every fighter has problems struggles but it's how they get threw them how they react to it.

You seem to make them great even if they haven't did nothing yet.

You got to show me first you can't just win a tough fight and then your the Messiah of boxing on the list of greatness. That doesn't work with me maybe you but not me.

Like I said we are talking multible weight class champions that tested themselfs and won most of the fights but lost to other greats or that Level above great Greatest top ten in some minds and number 1 ever in others, Floyd Mayweather.

When Spence cleans out 147 and beats Keith Thurman, Garcia, Crawford, and Porter and Lamont Peterson. But he probably wont fight all of them some will knock others off but if he cleans is out moves up to super welterweight and cleans that out then yes.

Their are 2 fighters I can name that the same thing was said about them and what happened to them.
Meldrick Taylor was so good fast people couldn't believe it, but now not even remembered.

Donald Curry was so good it was scary, he was P4P the best boxer in the world. Now not even remembered

It has happened before people.

I don't understand why people just can't let fighters prove themselves anymore.

Lets just bring back this thread after he cleans out 147 then we can talk.

Because the last time i checked this man will have something to say about that.
crawford-2.jpg

mAY6L8Gx.gif

I'm fairly high on Spence after the Brook fight, but I'd have to see a fair bit more from him before I'd speculate about his chances against prime Mosley, Cotto, and Pacquiao.

Every fighter has problems struggles but it's how they get threw them how they react to it.

You seem to make them great even if they haven't did nothing yet.

You got to show me first you can't just win a tough fight and then your the Messiah of boxing on the list of greatness. That doesn't work with me maybe you but not me.

Like I said we are talking multible weight class champions that tested themselfs and won most of the fights but lost to other greats or that Level above great Greatest top ten in some minds and number 1 ever in others, Floyd Mayweather.

When Spence cleans out 147 and beats Keith Thurman, Garcia, Crawford, and Porter and Lamont Peterson. But he probably wont fight all of them some will knock others off but if he cleans is out moves up to super welterweight and cleans that out then yes.

Their are 2 fighters I can name that the same thing was said about them and what happened to them.
Meldrick Taylor was so good fast people couldn't believe it, but now not even remembered.

Donald Curry was so good it was scary, he was P4P the best boxer in the world. Now not even remembered

It has happened before people.

I don't understand why people just can't let fighters prove themselves anymore.

Lets just bring back this thread after he cleans out 147 then we can talk.

Because the last time i checked this man will have something to say about that.
crawford-2.jpg

mAY6L8Gx.gif

And people said the same thing about every other great as they were up and coming as well.

Ill happily eat crow if hes proven not to be special but Im confident that wont happen.

And people said the same thing about every other great as they were up and coming as well.

Ill happily eat crow if hes proven not to be special but Im confident that wont happen.

That's all I wanted to hear , I can see you predicting it np.

Hell i think he beats them all to, even Crawford and cleans out super welterweight and is Champion at middle weight.

I am rooting for the kid but I just need to see more out of him. I want someone to bring out his true skill bring the best out of him.

And it's not about eating Crow when you think he can be that great.

This is what I mean when I say, what I am waiting for from Spence Jr.

When this kid Floyd Mayweather was a up and comīng but still a good Champion still raw young and nobody had to bring the best out of him then he had to fight this guy.

Diego Chico Corrales
280px-DiegoCorrales.jpg

Because Mayweather couldn't play with this guy he had to be at his best.

Mayweather was going toe to toe walking everyone down fighting them on the inside knocking them out with no sweat.

Just like Spence Jr is right now fighting the same way.

Then the test Diego Corrales.

When Mayweather boxed the hell out of this guy making him miss showing his skills and then stopped him I knew that the sky is the limit with Mayweather.

Not way he was playing with Diego Corrales because he is capable of doing this.

That's what I am waiting for Spence Jr to do and it won't be against Keith Thurman that shows me he will be great, but against Terence Crawford.

Because I believe Terence Crawford and Spence Jr are the 2 best welterweights in the world.

That's all I wanted to hear , I can see you predicting it np.

Hell i think he beats them all to, even Crawford and cleans out super welterweight and is Champion at middle weight.

I am rooting for the kid but I just need to see more out of him. I want someone to bring out his true skill bring the best out of him.

And it's not about eating Crow when you think he can be that great.
Hes got that kill mode but hes not reckless with it either. Patient but also relentless.

I honestly think his skills are pretty underrated. He and Brook had a hell of a chess match. Spence just set his moves up better and has the firepower behind it.

Agree entirely about TC also. I said a long while back that these two were the future.

Hes got that kill mode but hes not reckless with it either. Patient but also relentless.

I honestly think his skills are pretty underrated. He and Brook had a hell of a chess match. Spence just set his moves up better and has the firepower behind it.

Agree entirely about TC also. I said a long while back that these two were the future.

Spence just imposed his will on Brook, by pressuring Brook and making him fight back because thats what GGG did and Brook didn't like it and if it worked for someone else then do it again till he and his team fixes it.

GGG already showed everyone the blue print on how to rattle him and beat him if you have the power.

And everyone will fight Brook this way everyone but Amir Khan who just fights the same way and doesn't like to fight you on the inside. Hell Brook might fight him on the inside with pressure power punching toe to toe.

Last edited:
The Brook fight showed me Errol paces himself. He pressures and took control for a round, then layed off for a round content to let Brook lead or be more active(but still win lots/most of exchanges) and then turning it on again the next, just seemed to consistently alternate his tempo/strategy odd/even style that fight. Broke his man down slow and easy.

that's fair enough, i agree cotto looked really good in the later stage of his career, but i was thinking more in terms of age. he's obviously slowed down now, so a couple of years back?

the point i was trying to make is that cotto is a really good boxer with big power, and that would spell trouble for spence. he also has a chin on him, and we've seen him with a bigger guy who's a boxer puncher in canelo. i thought he did just fine there. canelo is a lot better defensively than spence, and he was still getting hit clean from time to time, i just have to worry about spence getting cracked with a proper powershot by cotto and i can see it turn really ugly. i love spence, but i don't think he's better than cotto in terms of technical ability, or power. and cotto's durable enough to not be intimidated by spence's power.

as far as brook hitting him is concerned, i wasn't trying to discredit brook. i think he was and still is an awesome fighter. but there's levels here, and cotto is obviously better at finding the chin than brook is. if brook can land cleanly on spence, so can cotto. and if cotto lands cleanly on you, you're in trouble.

like i said, good fights all round, i think errol could win all of them, i just wouldn't favor him in any of them. not yet anyway.

There is a reason why keith wasn't trying to fight kell

"Ducktime" Thurman does not wanna commit to Spence, just says he is gonna do "better fights" after the tueneup. But I still like Thurman, I think he is gonna smartly avoid Spence for as long as he can, enjoy his unified status and then finally face him when the boxing world pressures him enough. Let's hope Spence can go after Horn or something meanwhile

Back