IS Khabib the GOAT if he beat Ferguson and then Conor

Barboza #3
RDA #5
MJ #6
Pat Healy #9

RDA would have been ranked higher but inactive TJ Grant was ranked #3 and he hadn't fought since 2013 and eventually retired that way.
Healy should NEVER have been a top ten, he's a journeyman under the best of circumstances. And that RDA was nowhere near the caliber fighter he is now. Perhaps they were ranked up there, but not quality wins. Barboza and MJ are legit, however.

Since when does beating up an Instagram model make you GOAT?

Conor's only in the conversation because he sat on the belt so long and cost better fighters the chance to build a legacy.

Screw that guy.

Come on.

He'll have to defend his belt multiple times first. At this point pre-RDA Pettis had better wins, and nobody really considered him the GOAT back in the day.

Every MMA or boxing ATG was able to beat top competition through years and years of fighting. Khabib is just about to step on this path.

I know that by numbers GSP and DJ are still more dominant but let you remind you that GSP and DJ don't have a perfect record as Khabib. For me personally there's nothing more beautiful than a clean record (e.g. Mayweather in boxing).

He would certainly be the GOAT lightweight.

GSP fought the best for years as a champion. Khabib would need to own LW and fight the best for as long if not longer.

GSP’s body of work is incredible and I do not see anyone other than DJ overtaking it.

How can you say that when Khabib is so dominant at 25-0? Especially since he's doing it at a far better weight class than DJ?

Healy should NEVER have been a top ten, he's a journeyman under the best of circumstances. And that RDA was nowhere near the caliber fighter he is now. Perhaps they were ranked up there, but not quality wins. Barboza and MJ are legit, however.
RDA was fresh off of a 5 win streak, beating Cowboy, and KO'd Benson only 4 months later..

WTF are you talking about?

This is very loose use of the term "GOAT"...

Right now Khabib has 3 top 10 wins... & the MJ win was against a USADA victim who hasn't looked the same since that program started.

If Khabib beat Tony & then Conor... he would then have 5.

The big 6 who are legitimately in the GOAT coversation have way over double that. Khabib has a long way to go

How can you say that when Khabib is so dominant at 25-0? Especially since he's doing it at a far better weight class than DJ?

Your level of competition faced and defeated is what determines how great you are. I like Khabib but his resume does not compare to either of those guys. He will have to become the champ and fight nothing but top opposition for years to even be in the same boat. Khabib is about to fight the highest ranked fighter he has ever fought.

He would certainly be the GOAT lightweight.
BJ Penn has 4 belts at LW & a win over Hughes for the 170lb belt. Khabib will have 5 top 10 wins to his record if he beats Ferg & Conor.

I understand he's 25 - 0.. but he's been in the kiddie pool most of that time. He's only got 3 significant wins right now. BJ has been in the deep end almost the entire time he's been in the UFC....

The greatest usually have losses.

Being the GOAT isn't because you're undefeated. It's because you beat the best.

Khabib isn't close to the GOAT, neither is Conor, nor is DJ.

Yeah I don't pay much attention to records, beating a lot of bums is meaningless, more interested in how they've done against the top guys. So for Khabib so far he has beaten what, 2 top 5 fighters maybe in Barboza and RDA and 1 top 10 in MJ (am I missing anyone?), beat them convincingly to be fair but thats still just 3 top 10 fighters. Not bad but not amazing either. Beating Tony and Conor would but him pretty high up tbf, that would mean beating 4 top 5 fighters in his division.

Khabib is actually the only undefeated top 15 guy in LW currently (at least by Sherdog divisional rankings). If he beats Ferguson (which he should) and somehow Conor comes back, he should beat him easily. Who else is left? Alvarez? Gaedjthe?

Everything changes, new contenders emerge all the time. Mendes or Zombie were green prospects when Aldo first captured his belt, Frankie was in another weight class, Conor was a 3-1 Irish noname and Max Holloway hasn't even started his career.

Hendricks wasn't in the UFC at all when GSP took his belt back from Serra, and Shields and Diaz were crushing cans in EliteXC and Bodog Fight.

Of course he would be but you are delusional if you think he has even the slightest chance of beating Conor in a 5 round MMA fight

Of course he would be but you are delusional if you think he has even the slightest chance of beating Conor in a 5 round MMA fight

What do you mean by that ? Are you saying Conor is a 5 round fighter ? Lol come on now

The goat is a stupid term. He’d be the pound for pound right now though.

Back