Is Khabib vs Tony the best "consehypothetical match over Fedor/ Brock or Andy/ GSP?

Black Leprechaun

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
* Title should be the "consensus best hypothetical fights"

Qualifications would either be match ups that were heavily discussed/ rumored or fights that was already set but cancelled

What would your rankings be?

Khabib vs Tony
Andy vs GSP
Fedor vs Brock
Fedor vs Randy
Cyborg vs Rousey
Aldo vs Pettis
Conor vs RDA
Cain vs Stipe
Jones vs Ngannou
Etc...

Last edited:
"Fights That Never Were"

Qualifications would either be match ups that were heavily discussed/ rumored or fights that was already set but cancelled

What would your rankings be?

Khabib vs Tony
Andy vs GSP
Fedor vs Brock
Fedor vs Randy
Cyborg vs Rousey
Aldo vs Pettis
Conor vs RDA
Cain vs Stipe
Jones vs Ngannou

Nah I think Anderson vs GSP is still higher up. Both were dominant champs that cleared out their divisions, and presented intriguing stylistic matchups.

You should also add Sea Level Cain vs Right Circumstance Ronda

Consewhat?

But yeah I get you and Ferg v Khabib is the definitive example for me.

I don't understand how this thread could get made without even mentioning Rickson vs Sakuraba

Mods, you know what to do...

No cause Tony never realistically had a path to victory. "Buh his elbows from his back" is not a valid way to stop being repeatedly outgrappled, especially if the entire hope is that one cuts or KOs Khabib who's never had either happen.

Uncomfortable yes, but it was obvious Khabib would still outgrapple him.

It was just a fight people were hyped for because it kept being scheduled and falling through, and was a matchup that should happen based on the rankings.

No cause Tony never realistically had a path to victory. "Buh his elbows from his back" is not a valid way to stop being repeatedly outgrappled, especially if the entire hope is that one cuts or KOs Khabib who's never had either happen.

It was just a fight people were hyped for because it kept being scheduled and falling through, and was a matchup that should happen based on the rankings.
I agree. I think prime Tony might have made it somewhat interesting/competitive and done better than Dustin/Conor/Gaethje, simply because of his durability/cardio, submission defense (again in his prime) and unorthodox style. But I don't see him winning. I think Tony could've won the belt sometime between BJ and Khabib's reigns--when the belt passed between Pettis-RDA-Eddie Alvarez-Conor. I can definitely see him beating some of those guys on a good night. He beat Pettis (when both were a bit older) and pretty much a prime version of RDA.

I don't remember all the circumstances at the time, but Tony was on 7-fight win streak when RDA was champ. Eddie had lost pretty recently to Cerrone but he got the title shot. I guess Tony already had a fight scheduled with Vannata so he wasn't considered. Tony was coming off wins against Tibau, Josh Thomson and Barboza, so it seems like he was deserving of a title shot back then.

Last edited:
Khabib vs GSP would probably top my list. There was a small window where this was an available/realistic fight for Dana to make.

Andy Vs GSP well over it!!!

Chuck Vs rua and handy vs Fedor too

Seeing Khabib vs Ferguson in the UFC 300 promo hit me with some feels. What a matchup that would've been…

About your question, Edwards vs Makhachev is huge. A 13-fight win streak against a 12-fight streak. And who knows, by the time they fight, we could be looking at 15 vs 14. That's some serious anticipation building up there.

Yeah, the wild fluke shit people on here were hoping for shows nobody really thought it was a very competitive matchup. The people rooting for Tony were all hoping for an upkick or cutting him with elbows from his back or some goofy shit. None of it was anybody saying where Tony was better, all the scenarios were Tony on his back getting mauled and hoping for a fluke strike from a defensive position.

Gsp/Anderson and Fedor/Brock are so far above and beyond every other option for me.

Seeing Khabib vs Ferguson in the UFC 300 promo hit me with some feels. What a matchup that would've been…

About your question, Edwards vs Makhachev is huge. A 13-fight win streak against a 12-fight streak. And who knows, by the time they fight, we could be looking at 15 vs 14. That's some serious anticipation building up there.
That's the fight I'm into the most, but I don't have a ton of confidence in Leon getting by Shavkat if that happens first, so it might get ruined before it happens. Islam/Shavkat would be a big fight too, but Shavkat would be a new champ so it wouldn't be as big as 2 champ with multiple defenses.

Joe Riggs in a head on collision with Jake Collier outside a buffet.

Anderson vs GSP
Fedor vs Brock
Rickson vs Sakuraba
Wanderlei vs Liddell in their primes
Fedor vs Randy
Anderson vs Cung Le (Strikeforce version)

Gsp/Anderson and Fedor/Brock are so far above and beyond every other option for me.
anderson would brutalize gsp, too fast and good on his feet. there is a reason why gsp didn't move up until bisping was champ, he wasn't willing to even take a chance against rob or romero.

fedor vs. brock would be great because it would of put dana in his place.

That's the fight I'm into the most, but I don't have a ton of confidence in Leon getting by Shavkat if that happens first, so it might get ruined before it happens. Islam/Shavkat would be a big fight too, but Shavkat would be a new champ so it wouldn't be as big as 2 champ with multiple defenses.
would be especially interesting to see islam face against someone thats not smaller than him for once.

would be especially interesting to see islam face against someone thats not smaller than him for once.
Lol, you think Tibau, Oliveira and Arman are "smaller than him"? Dan Hooker is also bigger than Islam, and he ragdolled or KO'd all those guys.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Back