Is Khabib vs Tony the best LW fight ever?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it is for sure. Don't think we have ever seen two fighters in their prime, on wins streaks like this facing off. Not in the Lightweight division at least

Any fights you think were bigger? As deep and talented as the Lightweight division has always been there hasn't been many great Cro Cop vs Fedor, GSP vs Hughes 2, cormier vs jones type fights.

This is the one for me.

1. BJ Penn vs Gomi

2. BJ Penn vs Sean Sherk

3. Pettis vs Bendo 2

4. Frankie vs Bendo

5. Khabib vs Ferguson

For now.

Remember when Luke vs Chris was supposed to be the two most talented middleweight in the ring.

Things change, new fighters come up.

Especially in mma that is growing faster than ever right now. Except for LHW and HW.

Yep, Khabib is the best LW ever

Tony Ferguson's streak however is a house of cards ready to crumble

Remember when Luke vs Chris was supposed to be the two most talented middleweight in the ring.

no??

I remember everyone saying Weidman got lucky twice against Silva and beat up past their prime brazilians (and didn't even look great in some of the wins) when they were off TRT... and Luke got KO'd by the same brazilian when they were on TRT and beat like Michael Bisping...

Not even a higher caliber fight than the last 155 lb championship fight.

Conor vs Eddie >

It is for me, the two best in the division in a very exciting weight-class.
It's unfortunate the UFC and that guy I will not mention created such a cluster fuck but I hope the UFC works to regain some credibility and things get back on track.

They haven't even fought yet, how could it be the best LW fight ever? It might suck.

no??

I remember everyone saying Weidman got lucky twice against Silva and beat up past their prime brazilians (and didn't even look great in some of the wins) when they were off TRT... and Luke got KO'd by the same brazilian when they were on TRT and beat like Michael Bisping...

It was being touted alot, maybe not on sherdog but almost all media, youtube anaylsis, and other forms were talking about the skill level these two pocessed.

Khabib vs Tony are heavy guys soo it's definitely the biggest fight in that division

Tony Ferguson's streak however is a house of cards ready to crumble[/QUOTE]
House of cards? Tony had toughest run to title ever. Couple champs he went through like SF champ thomson who most people thought beat hendo for UFC champ and RDA who everyone thought next GOAT. Beat better comp than Khabib and more of them. I think you are underestimating Tony. Khabib is great but so is Tony.

I can't wait for this fight.

Back