Is "Legion" the best World of Warcraft expansion?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
There's never been an expansion with more shit to do than the latest expansion. There's so much stuff to work on after you ding 110. Not only that, but I've never been so enthralled with the storylines as much as the ones in this expansion, especially the Suramar city quest line. It's definitely the most beautiful city Blizzard has crafted so far and you gotta be on your toes the whole time you're in it.

There's never been an expansion with more shit to do than the latest expansion. There's so much stuff to work on after you ding 110. Not only that, but I've never been so enthralled with the storylines as much as the ones in this expansion, especially the Suramar city quest line. It's definitely the most beautiful city Blizzard has crafted so far and you gotta be on your toes the whole time you're in it.
Suramar is dumb as hell.

The content from 100-110 all the way to gearing for raiding was the best to date. Also enjoyed how the zones scaled to your level and continued doing so until max level.

World quests got old fast. After youre heroic/mythic five man geared you'll be only doing the artifact power quests. Times they reset and when random world quests spawn are annoying. Withered Army training quest is near impossible as an Arcane Mage.

PvP is heading in the right direction yet is in the worst state its ever been. As a Mage i have a PvE spec with a separate PvP spec. Meaning i either have to 50/50 my artifact power across the two specs or prioritizes one. Honor talent system isnt that bad for its grind is no different than farming for Honor Gear in expansions past.

Blizzard employees in charge of class balance still dont know what they are doing. Increasing an Arcane Mages damage was not the answer. Our problem was that we didnt have a second mana regen mechanic during our conserve phase.

Overall its the best leveling to raid ready expansion. Everything else has the same problems of expansions past.

They ruined the only char I've played since 2007. Hunter. So no. Not for me.

I got a DH to about lvl 106 and havent played in about 10 days.
I think it was super fun but theres just something that keeps me from playing WoW anymore.
Maybe its Hearthstone.

Maybe not the best, but I'm enjoying it, despite them fucking my fav. classes up. I actually love Suramar, and the world quests.

Tho I must admit that I'm a super casual this expansion, haven't done anything harder than heroic dungeons/LFR.

As a super casual player, I'm enjoying this one a fair amount. I'm a huge fan of having the app so you can complete class order missions from remote.

Content and story is good so far. Hopefully the content that is released can match what was started.

I came back and gamed Legion.. The quests from level 100-110 were very enjoyable. Leveling up didn't seem like a grind or chore at all. I was hooked again for about a month. But once you hit 110 the game changes...

It becomes the same old grind that WoW is known for. The grind becomes Artifact Points mainly.. which you get by completing World Quests and dungeons. I stopped playing when it took 20k artifact points to increase a single point of my Artifact Weapon.. Fuck, 20k points takes nonstop World Quests and dungeons for a week.. taking up all the free time I would have after work. Then there is the same old gear grind as well.

I leveled my char up to IL 845 and there is no where to go from there but raid. Raided a couple times but realized that well, it's just another grind of doing the same shit over and over. But I'll still need to grind those Artifact Points while waiting for my 1 week raid lockout!! Canceled my subscription.

Legion is good fun, but the fun only lasts about a month. Stop playing once you reach 110 and complete all the content that you want to see. Otherwise, it's back to the good old grind... just with more grind options.

Played it pretty heavily for the first 3 weeks, did all the mythics including in suramar and did the first couple of raid bosses in Emerald Dream. I realized it was just an endless cycle of grinding and quit.

quit after one week, same shit. World quests = new dailies, can go die in a fire.

They're still releasing expansions for WoW? Man I haven't touched that game in 7 years. They should think about doing an MMO for Diablo universe.

If the numbers start to tank, i really feel like they should release one final "expansion". The story would be that all the worlds etc get sucked into a giant black hole and your character awakens back at level 60 and all of azeroth reverts back to vanilla. Same dungeons, same raids, same professions etc. They can release more content based on vanilla.

I guarantee the numbers would shoot back up and probably stay consistent.

People moan about the grind at 110 then revert back to the vanilla era. Did anyone who moans about grinding actually play vanilla?

The game is in a better place now than its been in 4 expansions. My main beef right now is assassination rogues, but thats a whole different argument =)

I'm enjoying it, although I'm only just at 107 on my Vengeance DH.

Going through on my Pally and enjoying the story so far.

Retribution is much more squishy this expansion but hey we get Ashbringer which is a long time coming.

Blizzard is really going all out on killing favorites though. Alliance is losing heroes left and right.

As someone who played Elemental since 2008

So far I'm playing Shadow Priest and Assassination Rogue for now. The world looks more active with the server doing world quest. World PvP is alive and well in this xpac so far.

Going through on my Pally and enjoying the story so far.

Retribution is much more squishy this expansion but hey we get Ashbringer which is a long time coming.

Blizzard is really going all out on killing favorites though. Alliance is losing heroes left and right.

It's like they've been watching too much Game of Thrones.

I'm actually enjoying it so far. First time I've really enjoyed it since WotlK. TBC was the best expansion, followed by WotlK and then this one. Cata through to WoD were all pretty bad.

Back