Is "Legion" the best World of Warcraft expansion?

People moan about the grind at 110 then revert back to the vanilla era. Did anyone who moans about grinding actually play vanilla?

I think people have just forgotten what ti was like in Vanilla. They've forgotten the endless spamming dungeons to get enough resistance gear to last more than 20 seconds in raids, they've forgotten the rep grinds which were just killing the same mobs over and over for weeks, they've forgotten having to wait for 20 sec at the start of a fight for the tank to get 5 sunders, they've forgotten taking several weeks to clear a raid, and month to have them on farm, they've forgotten the 7 day long AVs, they've forgotten having to do BGs non stop, for several hours a day for several months to get the top pvp gear, they've forgotten bosses that killed guilds after spending weeks wiping on them over and over again (looking at you razorgore), they've forgotten having to go back to your main city to learn new skills every 2 levels (especially annoying as a druid), they've forgotten spending 30 minutes + to form a dungeon group and then having to walk to the dungeon only to have it split up after the first wipe, they've forgotten having to cc 2/3 mobs out of every pull to avoid wiping.

Lich King was my favourite expansion as I felt it offered the perfect balance of grinding, storylines, enjoyable quests, good raids (at when Ulduar hit) and level design.
Maybe also because I had neither a job or a girlfriend at the time and I was free to pretty much eat noodles, raid and watch fights.
That period was golden till they nerfed conflagrate just before Icecrown.

Reinstalled the game on Sunday. Hadnt played since doing Mythic 5 mans one month or so after release.

They upgraded you artifact weapon abilities. After you max out your artifact weapons traits another section unlocks to five more traits. With the fifth trait having 50 ranks.

Two new continents were added with a ton of questlines and world quests. Has somewhat of a similar feel to Timeless Island in MoP. Basically a gearing location to level 910 gear for returning players and or alts. Lastly they made it so you can upgrade your artifact weapon relics.

Oh, got my first legendary: http://www.wowhead.com/item=132455/norgannons-foresight
As an Arcane Mage the buff is heavily needed.

Can't understand people that focus on the PVE and not PVP. Arena / BG's was the only reason I played.

Can't understand people that focus on the PVE and not PVP. Arena / BG's was the only reason I played.
I wasn't the opposite. I never pvp'd and only raided.

Really hard to compare. Most people say the expansion they started in - or the next one - are the best ever, and with that being 8-12 years ago for many players, well, people remember the past fondly and are miserable today, so.

They ruined the only char I've played since 2007. Hunter. So no. Not for me.
You've been playing for ten years and you still only have a single toon?

Whose fault is that, Bub?

Lich King was my favourite expansion as I felt it offered the perfect balance of grinding, storylines, enjoyable quests, good raids (at when Ulduar hit) and level design.
Maybe also because I had neither a job or a girlfriend at the time and I was free to pretty much eat noodles, raid and watch fights.
That period was golden till they nerfed conflagrate just before Icecrown.
I haven't played since Cataclysm, but I played expansions before that (except Burning Crusade...meaning Vanilla), and WOTLK was by far the best.

My friends played MOP and said it kind of sucked. They liked Draenor way more, but they dropped off before Legion came out. Some left for the MOBAs, but in most cases that was IRL stuff. We're dads now.

Legion has been pretty great. Tons of stuff to do, and I like the artifact stuff.

My favorite thing was the zone scaling though. Can choose wichever zones you want to level through, wish they would expand it.

I don't play much now (not subscribed since Stormblood) but it was easily the most fun I have had since WoTLK.

Will re-sub when the last raid is out and play through the Argus stuff with at least my DK and DH, and probably level the rest of my toons to 110.

I haven't played since Lich King. Never been a fan of endgame in MMOs.

holyshit no. pvp wise --> legion is one of the worst or the worst ever. anyway ... i dont play this shitty game anymore, cuz real life much better

<GinJuice>

holyshit no. pvp wise --> legion is one of the worst or the worst ever. anyway ... i dont play this shitty game anymore, cuz real life much better

<GinJuice>
1lgqo1.jpg

...where the patch touched you:

FUCK. no.
In terms of PvE difficulty? Yes.
Everything else is garbage, there's so much wrong with Legion it's not even funny.

My only gripe with Legion is if they had made the AP you earn spread for all your artifacts instead of just one, it would of made the game a bit better.

Back