Is life all about making sacrifices or am I just doing it wrong?

Hitman81

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Quick background on me. I'm a 36 year old divorced father of 2. My ex wife and I separated 18 months ago, been divorced for a year. We split time with our kids 50/50 and we get along ok. We dated for 4 years before we got married and our marriage lasted about 9 years. There were a lot of things about her that bugged me but I put up with and married her because I loved her. Fast forward to now and I'm in a year long relationship, my first serious one since separating. I find myself in a similar situation. She's a wonderful woman, beautiful, smart, sexy, kind, loving but she has habits that also bother me on a daily basis. I find myself in a situation similar to what I was in before and swore I wouldn't do again. Is this just life or am I just doomed to draw myself into these situations?

All chicks will have shit they do that annoy you, it's a matter of how much you can put up with it.

Life isn't all about anything. Things just happen.

Are we talking like things that annoy you as in she forgets to empty the dishwasher? Or are we talking like she parties all the time and snorts coke off boners?

Relationships are overrated, just smash and move on to the next. Maybe smash a second time if it was really good.

Every single person will have some traits that will annoy you. My best friend does or says some stuff that I don't really care for.
For me it's a matter of how if I can put up with it, but more importantly if they are self-aware.

If you ever want to do something, in a sense you're sacrificing other things right? Like by posting right now, I am sacrificing time I could be using for something else.

Are we talking like things that annoy you as in she forgets to empty the dishwasher? Or are we talking like she parties all the time and snorts coke off boners?
More like the first thing

I read the op like your avatar was speaking. It fits well.
148097.jpg

Oh man, that’s just little stuff man. It’d be the same if you lived with a roommate. My wife leaves drawers cracked open everywhere; laundry room, dresser, kitchen. I’ve learned to ignore it, and let the frustration build up. One day, I’ll collapse into myself like a dying star.

Quick background on me. I'm a 36 year old divorced father of 2. My ex wife and I separated 18 months ago, been divorced for a year. We split time with our kids 50/50 and we get along ok. We dated for 4 years before we got married and our marriage lasted about 9 years. There were a lot of things about her that bugged me but I put up with and married her because I loved her. Fast forward to now and I'm in a year long relationship, my first serious one since separating. I find myself in a similar situation. She's a wonderful woman, beautiful, smart, sexy, kind, loving but she has habits that also bother me on a daily basis. I find myself in a situation similar to what I was in before and swore I wouldn't do again. Is this just life or am I just doomed to draw myself into these situations?
Congratulations! You learned from the last one! Tell this one to scram.

Beauty, smarts, etc. are not the main criteria for marriage. Find someone you actually like being around on a daily basis.

Just find your perfectly imperfect chick and you’re set.

What you don't want to do is bottle up until you explode, pretending you can just stand what frustrates you. It's fair to assume anything can be found annoying so what really matters is how you deal with the situation. You can leave the relationship or you can resolve your problem, the thing to bear in mind is that people talk and what you do now will be a story someone tells later, and about quite possibly a "baby dick bastard."

Just bang her head in the freezer door a few dozen times. You'll only have a specific set of problems at that point, and her nagging will not be one of them.

Right now, she's posting on The Notebook forums about your annoying habits.

All chicks will have shit they do that annoy you, it's a matter of how much you can put up with it.

Yes. You basically just need to find someone who doesn’t piss you off so bad that you want to kill them every day, and who is good in the sack. That fairy tale, rom com shit is not real life and doesn’t happen.

Better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all.
No need to get married.

So the how often does she snort coke of boners? Is it like a once a month thing or only for a really special event like langoliers being available on demand.

Living with a person sucks we all do shit that is annoying you just have to find that space where you can make it through the shit times and not hate yourself and find it worth it. At least I hope it works like that I am only a year in on my marriage and baby.

Back