Is Megumi Fujii the Strawweight GOAT?

You mean the girl who was oversized at Featherweight and primarily fought Bantamweights and Flyweights? Who also popped twice for PEDs? You mean that one?
yes, that would be the one.

Cyborg, who has fought as many women who were 125'ers as she did legit 145 lbs women? And by this I mean she has only fought six women who have not fought lighter than 145. and three of them have zero wins. She has failed two drug tests and attempted to alter a weigh in scale to fight smaller women.

GOAT of disgrace, nothing more.
it isn't her fault there are not a lot of legit women fighters at her weight class - she took what she could get. She is easily the women's GOAT, and to argue anything else is just silly.

it isn't her fault there are not a lot of legit women fighters at her weight class - she took what she could get. She is easily the women's GOAT, and to argue anything else is just silly.
She's the GOAT of looking good against medicore competition, not the GOAT of having quality wins.

She's the GOAT of looking good against medicore competition, not the GOAT of having quality wins.
This isn't Men's MMA, there are not a lot of "Quality" opponents, especially at her weight class. stop being so biased and look at the facts and the fight footage.

Carano, Holm, Evinger, FInney, Coenen...

This isn't Men's MMA, there are not a lot of "Quality" opponents, especially at her weight class. stop being so biased and look at the facts and the fight footage.

Coenen and Holm are very good wins, Evinger and Carano are good but not really elite wins.

Finney?! BWAHAHAHAHA lmao!

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jan-Finney-11610

Losing to big names doesn't make you a quality win when you don't have any wins over names...

She probably is. Unfortunately we don't get to see her against today's competition, and no one knows who she is because she didn't compete in the UFC. Her takedown and grappling skills are legit though.

Megumi Fujii has been the WMMA GOAT among people who actually watched WMMA since forever man. She's the fedor of WMMA

she retired before wmma came to the ufc.

Not quite true. Ronda made her UFC debut February 2013, and Megumi retired October 2013. But she certainly did retire before her weight division came to the UFC.

AccurateImpishIbis-max-1mb.gif

According to fightmatrix, she is even not the highest ranking japanese fighter on female all time ranking list.

She beat Carla Esparza who also beat Rose.
Carla had 3 pro fights when she fought Fujii, who was 20-0 at the time....

Grade A matchmaking...... It wouldn't surprise me if she could still beat Esparza today though.

Rose on the other hand......

Yes, it is. She has gained 25 - 30 lbs. since she started. She gained 15 lbs. since she first asked to be released from her original UFC contract. Had she not done so (and a woman has to put a lot of effort into it to gain lean mass in a cardio intensive sport) to say nothing of the drug use. So yes, it is her fault. She could compete in a division with a lot more talent. She chose to lift and roid her way to the biggest joke of a division in MMA.

All of whom fought lighter than 145. Cyborg has only six wins against women who did not fight lighter than 145. Three of them have zero wins. Her resume is shit, and it is her own fault.

Won 22 fights in a row before losing a split decision, has in fact only ever lost by decision (26-3) and repeatedly fought opponents in heavier weight classes.

Yay...
giphy.gif

Or nay...
giphy.gif

She's up there. I used to think so, she is a pioneer for sure.

Imo should be undefeated , robbed in the Zoila fight and shouldve gotten the nods against Jag. Definitely a pioneer and was a treat to watch when it hit the ground.

She's mine. One of the reasons I got into MMA

I believe 10 years from now we'll be talking about UFC fighters as the "GOAT" fighters of WMMA.

But right now, none of them are fucking with what the Japanese fighters were doing in the 00's.

Megumi Fuji, Yuka Tsuji, Satoko Shinashi etc etc.

The problem with Cyborg in this conversation is that she is such a monstrosity of a woman that it's rare for her to be matched up with an opponent that is physically appropriate for her, which might not be a problem if she wasn't so obviously chemically enhanced.

Agree on Fujii, but I think a small number of UFC fighters have surpassed Tsuji from the standpoint of technical brilliance and resume. Meanwhile Shinashi built her resume beating women with losing records (sometimes egregiously so) and really shouldn't be in the conversation at all.

Back