Is my wife going to live?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Yesterday she had a pelvic ultrasound and said it took unusually long, and the tech had a look on her face like she saw something, and was really being thorough and getting good images of it. But of course the tech is not a doctor and they are not allowed to tell patients what they see. Only a doctor is allowed to interpret the images and diagnose.

So today a nurse or secretary calls and tells my wife that the doctor wants to speak to her. She tries to set up an appointment for next week and my wife asks if she can do it any earlier. So the girl then says well if you're okay with doing it over the phone, then we can do it as soon as tomorrow.

So on one hand, I'm pretty scared that the tech obviously found something wrong and that the doctor wants to speak to her about it. I think if they found nothing, they would just send her a clean bill of health via email.

On the other hand, if the doctor was going to tell her she had 3 months to live, then he probably would do that immediately, and not schedule it for a week later. Also, he'd insist on doing it in person rather than on the phone. So those 2 things make me think maybe it's not that serious?

What's your diagnosis, Sherdog?

We often think the worst when its not. It could be any number of non life threatening conditions. Ovarion cysts for example.

Don't ask us. Ask her if she needs anything. Be there, not here.

If you're here and get yourself worked up, leave and pour that energy into supporting her.

Or nah if you want.

Yesterday she had a pelvic ultrasound and said it took unusually long, and the tech had a look on her face like she saw something, and was really being thorough and getting good images of it. But of course the tech is not a doctor and they are not allowed to tell patients what they see. Only a doctor is allowed to interpret the images and diagnose.

So today a nurse or secretary calls and tells my wife that the doctor wants to speak to her. She tries to set up an appointment for next week and my wife asks if she can do it any earlier. So the girl then says well if you're okay with doing it over the phone, then we can do it as soon as tomorrow.

So on one hand, I'm pretty scared that the tech obviously found something wrong and that the doctor wants to speak to her about it. I think if they found nothing, they would just send her a clean bill of health via email.

On the other hand, if the doctor was going to tell her she had 3 months to live, then he probably would do that immediately, and not schedule it for a week later. Also, he'd insist on doing it in person rather than on the phone. So those 2 things make me think maybe it's not that serious?

What's your diagnosis, Sherdog?
Hopefully just some ovarian cysts.

My hope/guess is they want her to take another test or two. Had something similar happen to me a couple years ago. Was prepared to be told I had cancer. Turned out something liver-related and the further testing showed no problems.

hope for the best. Don't let the antecipation drag you down. It can be many things, but try to remember to keep it rational. There is no diagnose yet, so don't panic. It could even be something that the doctor is being sensite for her not to be embarrased rather than a serious disease.

kind of a brutal thing to be asking on here...

Negative title. Damn
Wait for info. And stay positive. Hard but being down isn't going to help. Happy thoughts

She’s pregnant with twin black babies. You’re not the dad. The us took so long because your new “sons” have huge black appendages.

Sorry if the title is shocking to any of you. It was literally the exact phrase that popped into my head when she told me all of this.

I guess I could change it if it really bothers people.

edit: There, I changed "die" to "live" in the title. Now the discussion is much more "glass half-full"

Sorry if the title is shocking to any of you. It was literally the exact phrase that popped into my head when she told me all of this.

I guess I could change it if it really bothers people.
no man. You are just in shock

She’s pregnant with twin black babies. You’re not the dad. The us took so long because your new “sons” have huge black appendages.

Thank you.

I don't come to sherdog for heartfelt sympathy. I can get that from real life friends. I come here to read posts like this one.

Hopefully is just a cyst, I doubt they would have a serious conversation with her over the phone. Don't worry too much!

Now, go stay with her and try to calm her down, do something to make her feel special and help her relax. Tomorrow will come and hopefully it's nothing major.

Thank you.

I don't come to sherdog for heartfelt sympathy. I can get that from real life friends. I come here to read posts like this one.
<mma3>
Screw you buddeh.

ps: I hope it's triplets!

if they're ok with doing it over the phone that usually means its no big deal

hope its nothing major in any case!

if they're ok with doing it over the phone that usually means its no big deal

hope its nothing major in any case!

Exactly. The doctor's going to be like, "Hello? Mrs. Gasm? Just wanted to personally say your ovaries are top notch. The hottest ovaries I've ever seen. Mr. Gasm is a lucky man."

Exactly. The doctor's going to be like, "Hello? Mrs. Gasm? Just wanted to personally say your ovaries are top notch. The hottest ovaries I've ever seen. Mr. Gasm is a lucky man."

"Mrs. Gasm, I don't know how else to say this but, I regretfully inform you that you're pregnant with Mr. Gasm's child, here is a 57 page list of nearby abortion clinics and their hours of operation"

She having a black baby, so my question to you TS is, is she going to live?

Back