Is Nino Schembri a lunatic? Has anyone pulled this off? Am I a lunatic for wanting to try?

So many old school guys get lost in history. I hope Nino is remembered. Dude was an og.

I went through a phase on that when this video first came out. Then I got arm barred in a tournament and never did it again.

It's better to try and do Ryan hall style mini hip throws or something if you want some flashy bottom side stuff.

To try crazy stuff from bad positions, you really need a excellent all around game to handle when things go wrong.

Nino is so good he can make any move work

Nino can do alot things that mortals can not

Nino Schembri is not a lunatic. I already trained with him Jiu Jitsu No Gi and he gave you a great knowledge of BJJ and MMA.

It recalls that the positions are for those who have a level of technical advanced BJJ.

I pulled it off the other day.... against a lower belt that is 80 pounds less than me

As a catchwrestler I can confirm all of those moves are common in catchwrestling. However it's important to add that in catchwrestling pins would finish the matches so these moves are more "natural" in those rulesets since you're avoiding both the pin and submission.

It's not high percentage for me. Works well as a surprise attack, but you better be good at it. I do use this position to counter kesa though. I get a nice little reversal out of it. But I definitely don't get the guillotine or neck crank.

That over the back grip where you grab your own leg is annoying as fuck.

Back