Is Ryan Phillippe underrated?

G

Guestx

I think he is.

He had a very good run in the late 90s and early 00s. 54, Cruel Intentions, Way of the Gun, Antitrust, Gosford Park, Crash. . . That's a fucking solid list of films.

While he's had some solid roles since Crash, he's definitely taken a step down and you never really hear anyone talk abut him anymore.

I do know that he has a new show on USA called Shooter, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Way of the Gun in particular is one of the my favorite movies of all time and it also has one of THE absolute best fucking opening scenes in any movie . . . ever!

What do you guys think about Ryan Phillippe? Underrated actor who should be getting higher profile roles or merely competent B-lister who was lucky to land the big roles that he did?

Shooter trailer:

source.gif

giphy.gif

25k7lo3.jpg

You know Shooter isn't half Bad, although he looks waaaaaay too Young to be Playing a Gunny.

All I know is he's like 42 and looks about 25.

He's effete and a mediocre actor.

You know Shooter isn't half Bad, although he looks waaaaaay too Young to be Playing a Gunny.

LOL. He's one of those dudes who only ages about 3 years in any given 10 year span.

I mean, believe it or not, he's 42.

My parents watch Shooter and seem to like it. I'm definitely going to give it a look.

He was great in 54.

Also liked him in The Lincoln Lawyer.

Also, he can do anyone.

tumblr_nblevdelqw1tflsavo1_500.jpg

Way of the Gun is one of my favorite movies. Great cast all around.

I was dating a girl that made me see Cruel Intentions when it opened (BARF!!!!) but Phillippe made it less painful.
He was pretty good in that movie.

Antitrust is a great movie.

I really do enjoy that movie. I especially loved it back in the day when it first came out.

I was just starting to really get into computers and Hackers and Antitrust were my go-to movies for that kind of thing.

I think he is.

He had a very good run in the late 90s and early 00s. 54, Cruel Intentions, Way of the Gun, Antitrust, Gosford Park, Crash. . . That's a fucking solid list of films.

While he's had some solid roles since Crash, he's definitely taken a step down and you never really hear anyone talk abut him anymore.

I do know that he has a new show on USA called Shooter, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Way of the Gun in particular is one of the my favorite movies of all time and it also has one of THE absolute best fucking opening scenes in any movie . . . ever!

What do you guys think about Ryan Phillippe? Underrated actor who should be getting higher profile roles or merely competent B-lister who was lucky to land the big roles that he did?

Definitely not. What he done for us lately? Even in the late 90's/early 2000's, when he was in a few popular movies, his work wasn't all that stellar. Since then, he hasn't done jack.

Shooter trailer:

Same here. SMG was in top form as well.

Phillippe and SMG were amazing in Cruel Intentions. Cot damn I wanted to watch them bang the shit outta each other

Dude deserves some credit for being in Macgruber as well

I love him in Way of the Gun...never seen him anything since.

dude was a stud.

cruel intentions is one of my favorite movies, and he played sebastian so well!

home grown too was a great movie of the 90s he was in.

he never really cracked it huge in acting, and didnt live up to his potential imo.

Back