Is Showtime pushing a progressive agenda?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I know a lot of Hollywood does, but their 2017 line up has been over the top.

Showtime has put out some great television series Dexter, Shameless, Dice, Weeds, Twin Peeks, etc... but their two newest shows White Famous and Smilf are awful. I don't consider my self a conservative, but these shows for one aren't funny and for two could probably be good if they weren't trying so hard to be progressive.

I watched the first episode of Smilf and it's about a Single mom with a mixed race toddler boy (who's part is actually played by twin girls) There are whole bunch of vagina jokes and one part they are talking about loose pussy's around kids. She masturbates to a picture of a picture of her ex's girlfriend. The one white guy character in the show is chubby, awkward, weak, and is unnecessarily shown naked and has a small dick. And at the end of the episode she reveals that she was raped by her father.

I only watched 1/2 of the first episode of white famous and it was basically trying to make fun of the fact that all white people are racist.These things don't offend me or anything and I don't care if other people want to watch it, but it's just so painfully obvious what they are trying to do and it's cringey.

I also just saw an ad for their new show called cartoon president. This could possibly be funny, but will probably be ruined by bad writing.

Last edited:
$$$

the time is right

I only have it for boxing, so please don't tell me, brother.

I only have it for boxing, so please don't tell me, brother.

That is my main reason for having HBO and Showtime, but I also enjoy some of the series. Their on demand services are tight too.

one white guy in one show on one network is not an attractive alpha and other white guys are instantly upset. wew imagine if actually mistreated minorities were as loud as these pissy white men lel

Oh dear there was something racy on the television machine. Better post a thread about it mutter to myself about everything going to hell in a handbasket.

Why can't everyone just watch reruns of the Andy Griffith show like me?

Outside of a few shows (and even then, theres plenty of cuckoldry to go around on the walking dead, vikings, game of thrones) TV is dead to me. Hollywood no longer practices subtlety

I don't think I've watched a Showtime original series since Dexter.

Meh, I won't notice.

Only thing I noticed with Showtime is their show shameless made a joke about this one character thinking he was a girl. Four seasons later they added a trans character and some of the scenes seemed like just an educational scene about trans to try to make up for their prior joke about that group.

Oh dear there was something racy on the television machine. Better post a thread about it mutter to myself about everything going to hell in a handbasket.

Why can't everyone just watch reruns of the Andy Griffith show like me?

I knew somebody was going to post this response. It has nothing to do with being racy. There is a lot of good racy television. It's just grossly obvious Hillary Clinton hot sauce level pandering.

Only thing I noticed with Showtime is their show shameless made a joke about this one character thinking he was a girl. Four seasons later they added a trans character and some of the scenes seemed like just an educational scene about trans to try to make up for their prior joke about that group.

Shameless is a great show.

Shameless is a great show.

I like it a lot. Reminds me of a more light hearted funny Six Feet Under. I didn't know about it til about a year ago and caught up on Netflix

one white guy in one show on one network is not an attractive alpha and other white guys are instantly upset. wew imagine if actually mistreated minorities were as loud as these pissy white men lel

This is way we can't have adult conversions about what I brought up in the OP. People like you tend to automatically go on the defense and start with the "Boo-Hoo you poor white man" retoric. It's not wrong to think that topics like these should warrant a discussion.

I don't care if these shows want to exist. It's not hard to turn the channel. I'm sure there's a market it for them too, but they are doing more damage for their cause in the long run.

I knew somebody was going to post this response. It has nothing to do with being racy. There is a lot of good racy television. It's just grossly obvious Hillary Clinton hot sauce level pandering.

From Murphy Brown being a single mom to Will and Grace or any show that depicts gays as anything approaching human, reactionary wingnuts have whined about Hollywood and the progressive agenda. It's a universal constant.

Some of these shows are after awards and progressive storylines win awards. It's been happening for years and especially with movies. I don't see what the big deal is. Don't like it don't watch it. There's tons of niche series now. I thought conservatives were about free market speech.

Hollywood and the television industry has always leaned left, for the most part.

I don't think it warrants a thread because you saw an episode of a television show that seemed to be leaning left.

Back