Is Showtime pushing a progressive agenda?

Only thing I noticed with Showtime is their show shameless made a joke about this one character thinking he was a girl. Four seasons later they added a trans character and some of the scenes seemed like just an educational scene about trans to try to make up for their prior joke about that group.

It is interesting how the times change. Mrs. Doubtfire would be considered a hate-crime by today's standards.

Yea even Shameless has started down this road a bit. When they introduced the trans character. They got all pissed about pronouns and shit. The old Shameless characters would have been like fuck off, now they are like ohh I'm sorry what are the correct pronouns.

It is interesting how the times change. Mrs. Doubtfire would be considered a hate-crime by today's standards.

lol I still remember after my parents divorced when I came back in town to see my dad he wanted me and my sister to sit down and watch this movie with him. He loved it. He's also about as old school as it gets but he understood what the movie was really about a dad loving his kids and willing to do anything for them.

I knew somebody was going to post this response. It has nothing to do with being racy. There is a lot of good racy television. It's just grossly obvious Hillary Clinton hot sauce level pandering.

I loved it when that Dj called her out on her blatant pandering. Like that skag would ever condescend to use hot sauce. A peasant's condiment.

I loved it when that Dj called her out on her blatant pandering. Like that skag would ever condescend to use hot sauce. A peasant's condiment.

This dumb myth never dies. Clinton has been carrying hot sauce around for decades, and multiple people have mentioned it over the years. Nutters get these ideas in their head, and no amount of evidence can change their minds.

Did you miss the part of the op were I wrote... "These things don't offend me or anything and I don't care if other people want to watch it, but it's just so painfully obvious what they are trying to do and it's cringey."

I didn't miss it, but I can see how it doesn't fit with the rest of your comments. It's like leading a comment with, "I'm not racist, but".

It's really funny how the most hypersensitive people are the ones who call everyone else "snowflakes" or whatever the "hip" right-wing insult of the day on 4Chan or Stormfront is.

This dumb myth never dies. Clinton has been carrying hot sauce around for decades, and multiple people have mentioned it over the years. Nutters get these ideas in their head, and no amount of evidence can change their minds.

Riiiight...

Then again...some weirdo with over 57,000 ( Jesus f#cking Christ ya shut in )posts is likely to be hip to trivial things like this. What else does she carry in her whore sack ? A dog eared copy of The Color Purple and the first Geto Boys mixed tape ?

Riiiight...

Then again...some weirdo with over 57,000 ( Jesus f#cking Christ ya shut in )posts is likely to be hip to trivial things like this. What else does she carry in her whore sack ? A dog eared copy of The Color Purple and the first Geto Boys mixed tape ?

Meow. A more-appropriate response would be, "damn, the media sources I trust were lying to me! Fuck those guys. I'm going to be more careful about who I trust going forward instead of just blindly swallowing anything said by someone who is on my 'team.' Thanks for setting me straight."

Here's just one of many stories from over the years (2012):

https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2012-08-30/hillary-clinton-interview-visionaries

Shameless is pretty heavy on pushing the LGBTQ stuff and demonizing christians.

Outside of a few shows (and even then, theres plenty of cuckoldry to go around on the walking dead, vikings, game of thrones) TV is dead to me. Hollywood no longer practices subtlety

Man, the slow change of tone in GoT is sad af
<Ned01>

Still GOAT tv show though, when they're not into these rare moments of sucking sjw clits GoT still is by far the hypest TV thing ever

Shameless is pretty heavy on pushing the LGBTQ stuff and demonizing christians.

I don't know shit about the show, but in theyr defense i got topless Emmy Rossum gifs out of it

I didn't miss it, but I can see how it doesn't fit with the rest of your comments. It's like leading a comment with, "I'm not racist, but".

It's really funny how the most hypersensitive people are the ones who call everyone else "snowflakes" or whatever the "hip" right-wing insult of the day on 4Chan or Stormfront is.

giphy.gif

Don’t forget about “the chi” a drama about south side Chicago that focuses on a murder, humanizing gangsters, and of course, corrupt police.

Those sound like programs that would not entertain me. So, I won't watch.

If only there was a way for TV stations to know how many people watch (or don't watch) their programming...

Only then will they cater to a viewing audience.

Almost every showtime show has sucked balls. In fact the last show I watched on Showtime regularly was Red Shoe Diaries when I was jerking off three times a day in high school.

All the good shows are on AMC.

I know a lot of Hollywood does, but their 2017 line up has been over the top.

Showtime has put out some great television series Dexter, Shameless, Dice, Weeds, Twin Peeks, etc... but their two newest shows White Famous and Smilf are awful. I don't consider my self a conservative, but these shows for one aren't funny and for two could probably be good if they weren't trying so hard to be progressive.

I watched the first episode of Smilf and it's about a Single mom with a mixed race toddler boy (who's part is actually played by twin girls) There are whole bunch of vagina jokes and one part they are talking about loose pussy's around kids. She masturbates to a picture of a picture of her ex's girlfriend. The one white guy character in the show is chubby, awkward, weak, and is unnecessarily shown naked and has a small dick. And at the end of the episode she reveals that she was raped by her father.

I only watched 1/2 of the first episode of white famous and it was basically trying to make fun of the fact that all white people are racist.These things don't offend me or anything and I don't care if other people want to watch it, but it's just so painfully obvious what they are trying to do and it's cringey.

I also just saw an ad for their new show called cartoon president. This could possibly be funny, but will probably be ruined by bad writing.

I could only watch two episodes of smilf it is a dull and boring show.

Back