Is soccer the greatest sport?

Is soccer the greatest sport?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nah, just affordable and accessible in poor countries.

American football crushes, entertainment-wise.

The only other sport that can even challenge it right now is cricket...

<FookIsThatGuy>

To be honest, MMA is the greatest combination of extreme skill, physical toughness and endurance, and athleticism...and fighting is a lot more real as an ability than tossing a ball around.
LOL this can strikes again!

LOL MMA!

I think its the best game for kids because kids love to run as fast and as long as they can. Football and rugby do too, but you get hurt, and concussions if you playing tackle. Two hand touch is good too though.

I wish they come up with a game that combines soccer, with American football. I think their use to be a game like that which divulged into modern day soccer and American Football.

The World Cup has surprisingly been fun to watch but this constant flopping from these mentally weak snowflakes has been unbearable.

Too much flopping. Why they're not trying to get rid of this shit is beyond me. An actual bunch of fairies.

LOL! Ok Holly doesn't wear makeup

<Dany07>
Sherdog has rules which I abide by. If it didn't, I'd deal with you myself, and it would be easy. But you're going to get yourself banned so it won't be an issue.

Sherdog has rules which I abide by. If it didn't, I'd deal with you myself, and it would be easy. But you're going to get yourself banned so it won't be an issue.
Take it to the OT if you want to keep going, Holly doesn't wear makeup. Stop derailing this thread.

Being the most played/popular/accessible doesn't make it the best... It's a very corrupt sport, the players constantly flop, there is no parity, and a lot of games are very low scoring affairs that end in draws.

Personally, I cannot stand the flopping most of all. Skill, teamwork and endurance are great but what is supposed to separate a sport from a game or activity is the physicality

Absolutely, soccer is deeply embedded in 80% of the world’s culture.

Part of the reason why Americans don’t like soccer because in their culture, they’re entertained by violence as it is evident in this thread which is why they only watch men with medieval armour fighting with an eggball and MMA.

I think its the best game for kids because kids love to run as fast and as long as they can. Football and rugby do too, but you get hurt, and concussions if you playing tackle. Two hand touch is good too though.

I wish they come up with a game that combines soccer, with American football. I think their use to be a game like that which divulged into modern day soccer and American Football.

That sure sounds like rugby....which evolved from soccer and then devolved into American football.

American football is designed to sell ad-space. It's a commercial not a sport.

To be honest, MMA is the greatest combination of extreme skill, physical toughness and endurance, and athleticism...and fighting is a lot more real as an ability than tossing a ball around.

Lol at this sap calling backyard brawl peasant fighting the greatest sport in the world.

No one in this karate forum believes that.

Nah, just affordable and accessible in poor countries.

American football crushes, entertainment-wise.
Nah. NFL is cool in highlight/condensed form, but it's slow as shit and has waaaay to many breaks in between play. Games last over 3 hours, but only have 11 minutes of the ball actually being in play, while each play itself only lasts like 5-15 seconds<45>

And this is why hand egg isn't popular anywhere but USA. it's commercials with burst of football in between

Lol at this sap calling backyard brawl peasant fighting the greatest sport in the world.

No one in this karate forum believes that.
Tell me which sport you think is better, and why. :)

Absolutely, soccer is deeply embedded in 80% of the world’s culture.

Part of the reason why Americans don’t like soccer because in their culture, they’re entertained by violence as it is evident in this thread which is why they only watch men with medieval armour fighting with an eggball and MMA.
Americans also love golf. All you're doing with posts like this is exposing that you have an inferiority complex and are trying to bash America to make yourself feel better.

That sure sounds like rugby....which evolved from soccer and then devolved into American football.

Nah this is a widely held misconception, that football/soccer -> rugby -> american football. Partly because of the Web Ellis myth, that he picked up the ball and ran with it.

Rugby didnt evolve from soccer. What actually happened was that all the modern codes of football evolved from local folk games of football, which were more like mass mobs with few rules...but the goal was usually something like get the ball from one village to another, or one end to the other. You could usually handle the ball, kick, shove, hack, push, tackle etc. It was more like a giant mob as I said.

With industralisation there was the decline of these folk games (which would have been played throughout the British Isles). But in the 19th century you had the codification of various kinds of 'football', with different rules as to the use of hands, hacking shins, methods of scoring etc. One early example being the Sheffield Rules of 1858, which were later very influential on the rules of the Football Association (English FA) which is what soccer came from. But Sheffield Rules also allowed catching the ball from a fair catch, and hitting the ball with your hand in play, as well as pushing (but no hacking).

Schools also had their own rules, for instance Cambridge had a foot-ball team dating back to the 16th century which would have been like the folk football, but eventually developed into something more fixed. Rugby school had its own rules. Eton had its own (such as its Wall Game) and so on. Cambridge also codified new/modified ones in the mid-19th cent. designed to allow different schools to play together, which also influenced the FA rules.

It was an ogoing process which rules were adopted. And even in soccers early rules it wasnt fully formed as the modern sport. Rugby football was another one if these codes which evolved from earlier football games. Like I said the term football doesnt imply that only feet were used.

A local case would be Gaelic Football, its codification was influenced by what was happening in Britain but evolved from a local folk game called Caid. And you can obviously use your hands in gaelic football, though not like in rugby.

When football spread to America there was a similar process where different schools/collegs adopted different rules. The very first game was based on the FAs rules at the time, then they changed to rugby union but began to diverge over time, taking various elements from both and inventing their own until it evolved into something completely different. Not as familiar with US history though.

@MadSquabbles500

Last edited:
Back