Is the BADDEST MMA fighter on the planet NOT in the UFC?

Is Minakov the uncrowned king of MMA?

• Total voters

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know the UFC rightfully promotes itself as the premier organization in the fight world BUT they’ve whiffed on talent in the past... They boast the HW division as the baddest division on the planet and their champion as the baddest man.

This brings me to bring up the only ELITE fighter at HW they’ve yet to sign: Vitaly Minakov.

A complete MMA fighter with superb athleticism, a solid grappling/Sambo base, and legit one shot KO power. There haven’t been too many HWs lining up to fight him but the ones that have, have all been dispatched with relative ease including: Volkov, Kongo, TRT Bigfoot etc.

21-0 with 19 of those wins coming via FINISH.

What say you Sherdog? Is Vitaly Minakov the BADDEST man on the planet and uncrowned king of MMA?

SnarlingTameAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif

USADA would have a field day with him.

Troll thread, and nice spin mentioning guys like Kongo, Bigfoot and Volkov. On paper, those names sound decent, but there's an asterisk next to each one:

* He won a mediocre decision against Kongo, and considering how far past his prime he was at that point, it's nothing to brag about.

* TRT or not, Bigfoot is way past it and should not be fighting. He is not by any stretch the same guy who beat Fedor.

* Volkov was much greener and not nearly the fighter he is today. After losing to Minakov, he even went on to lose to such mediocre competition as Tony Johnson and the aforementioned past-prime Kongo

he is one of the best HWs in the world as its a shallow division, i dont think he beats stipe tho

Troll thread, and nice spin mentioning guys like Kongo, Bigfoot and Volkov. On paper, those names sound decent, but there's an asterisk next to each one:

* He won a mediocre decision against Kongo, and considering how far past his prime he was at that point, it's nothing to brag about.

* TRT or not, Bigfoot is way past it and should not be fighting. He is not by any stretch the same guy who beat Fedor.

* Volkov was much greener and not nearly the fighter he is today. After losing to Minakov, he even went on to lose to such mediocre competition as Tony Johnson and the aforementioned past-prime Kongo

*Kongo went 7-1 after fighting Minakov with his ONLY loss being a split decision to King Mo

*Bigfoot May not be what he used to be BUT he’s clearly better on the sauce

*Volkov got FLATLINED in just over a minute by Minakov. He’d get steamrolled again. Minakov is also MUCH better since. Look at his footwork, seamless striking to grappling transitions, etc. The guy has clearly put it together

well, of course he isnt, for fart sooks, but he is obviously a top fighter.

The winner of the Bellator tournament should be considered the baddest man outside the UFC.

Really dude? People still posting this GIF to shit on Stipe? Lol yikes.

Now the dude has defended his belt more than any other HW champ in UFC history. WAR STIPE

I like Stipe, BUT let’s not act like he’s the undisputed baddest man in MMA right now with blemishes to Struve, Cain lurking for a comeback, etc.

Minakovs record is impressive aswell. Can’t blame him for people not lining up to fight him. When it comes to Fight booking he’s the Ben Askren of HW

USADA would have a field day with him.
Yep. PED-using Minakov may be able to beat clean Stipe, but that's unfair. We have to match roided Stipe and roided Minakov, or clean Stipe and clean Minakov.

Future Bellator HW champ Chael P. Sonnen is the baddest man on the planet.

No way to tell until he stops beating on poor defenceless bums and steps up to Stone Cold Stipe

I think there are a lot of guys in the UFC he'd handle but I also think there are some real tough matchups for him that he isn't going to find outside of it

He's a hell of a fighter but his level of competition is LOL worthy so I'm giving the title to Stipe who has earned it until further notice

I certainly want to see Minakov in the UFC, but his record isn't a murderer's row of great fighters.

Hope UFC can sign him (once Bellator finally relents) so we can see if he's a Bellator bust like Brooks and Lombard or a success like Alvarez.

He is obviously legit, but probably not the best in the world atm. Only one way to find out.

Would love to see him in the ufc soon. UFC HW division's future looking a bit brighter these days imo.

Kinda hard to know, but its possible - very unlikely he's ever gonna get signed though due to Bellator.

Back