Is the Covington front kick the most dangerous weapon in MMA?

I feel like TS is getting a lot of unnecessary hate for this thread and I don’t really like it.

The topic is Colby’s front kick and how it sets up takedowns either discuss this or don’t bother posting

We've all seen effective weapons in MMA, from Ngannous soul taking upper cut to Tito's enormous head capable of absorbing orders of magnitude greater damage than many fighters combined.

Covingtons front kick, however defys physics.

We have seen effective front kicks from Anderson Silva who honed his craft from Seagals wisdom. We also saw Macida dispatch opponents with this kick, and his dad who advised him to drink a liter of his own urine to make the kick more powerful.

These pale in comparison to the Covington front kick, however. While not a single kick has landed in competition, its not always about what lands. It's about what doesn't land.

You see, he sets up his takedowns with this kick. His opponents know they must retreat backwards in a predictable manner toward the cage and not circle. Its hard to think about things like strategy when such a powerful weapon is being demonstrated. This of course causes them to back up into the cage, and thus the fight is already over.
Nah, it's complete garbage, like the man himself.

I'd cut an angle, shave the leg technique to block/deflect/secure it, and then run his ass backwards for the slam faster than he cums in a fat chick.

He front kicks like an amateur.

Back