Is the Internet a reflection of how angry people really are?

I wear a mask, so no one can see
out comes the rage, the pure insanity

secure & hidden, I'm free from all shame
I'm free to hurt others, since they don't know my name

this is my freedom. where I can fly so high
where in my real life, all I can do is cry

I take solace, when others feel pain
it's just the internet, so don't you complain

That's true. Maybe people tend to take their loved ones for granted. It as if they think to themselves "I know you love me so ,I also know you will put up with my crap",

indeed.

I say it all the time that the person we should love the most tends to get the worst us.

And I get it. Life is hard. Work is hard. Raising kids are hard. So you want your relationship with your spouse to be easy. So we get lazy and complacent and stop trying. We think they should not need lots of effort as effort is hard and we just want to shut down when home.

But it should be the opposite. Yes everything is hard and everything needs hard work and effort, particularly your marriage. If you refuse to compromise in effort every day at your job then you should find that same effort to put into your spouse.

I think most divorces are because most people just stop trying and the relationship then erodes.

That's true. Maybe people tend to take their loved ones for granted. It as if they think to themselves "I know you love me so ,I also know you will put up with my crap",
My psych told me this actually. You know they’ll be around so why not? They have no choice.

It definitely is a different world when you compare Mayberry to the Heavies. In this forum, we got nothing but love for each other and yes we might break some balls here and there but when it comes down to it, we can communicate on a human level despite being strangers.

In heavies, if your opinion is different, then you are a "fucking idiot"

It's rage at the futility of life when you're completely average in every way, mixed with the effect of anonymity.

Meh, people are inherently bad, so this is normal. Most of you are simply too optimistic about what humanity really is, but the world continues to be the world. Nothing new here, the internet just puts a spotlight on the human condition.
<NoneOfMy>

<TheWire1>

<TheWire1>

Yes. Also goes for insecurity, and general unhappiness.

Truly happy ppl don't get their jollies denigrating, provoking, and insulting others online behind the guise of anonymity.

Not really. The people that engage in comment sections and forums make up a microscopically small amount of total users of the internet.
Probably this. Many people use these means as escapes or main means of social interaction and because of this it attracts a lot of people with personal issues. This seems to be especially amplified for political discussions.

Back