Is the PFL still in business?

rorschach51

1970, 2020, 2023, 2024
@Silver
Reaction score
They were suppose to crown new champs at the end of 2017 (or so I heard) but they haven't held a event since November. I haven't been able to find anything else on them more recent, does anyone here know if they are still in business?

They were suppose to crown new champs at the end of 2017 (or so I heard) but they haven't held a event since November. I haven't been able to find anything else on them more recent, does anyone here know if they are still in business?

I don't know about the champs part at the end of 2017, but they planned 7 $1 Million USD "tournaments" for 2018. The plan was so crazy, it wasn't a straight tournament, but it was series of fights with whoever had the most points moved on the playoffs. The tournaments were supposed to start in the beginning of the year. They no longer have a US TV partner.

Their new owners bought the promotion for $20 million or so.

Apparently the season starts in the summer of 2018’

I don't know about the champs part at the end of 2017, but they planned 7 $1 Million USD "tournaments" for 2018. The plan was so crazy, it wasn't a straight tournament, but it was series of fights with whoever had the most points moved on the playoffs. The tournaments were supposed to start in the beginning of the year. They no longer have a US TV partner.

Their new owners bought the promotion for $20 million or so.
Did they lose their TV deal because of new ownership?

They will start their show on June this year, and will offer 7 events. Lol

I think they will fold quickly than we expected.

i had trouble following it when it was WSOF

i had no idea when their were events so a lot of times i'd hear about shields or whoever fighting and i had no idea their was even a card that day.

i had trouble following it when it was WSOF

i had no idea when their were events so a lot of times i'd hear about shields or whoever fighting and i had no idea their was even a card that day.
Why would you admit this? Sherdog and every other MMA site have a calendar of events. Why not use it? Or set your DVR to record the shows automatically.

Just read yesterday that they just signed a deal with nbc sports and Facebook

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

That seems to be PFL in a nutshell.

Back