Is The Witcher 3 the greatest videogame ever created?

I understand hate on the combat gameplay of W1 and W2, but why the hate for W3? I found it pretty fluid, finally, and much more entertaining.

As with many SP games that allow you to freeze gameplay, it's upon you, the player, to maintain the challenge and heighten your enjoyment by evolving your skills to the point that you're effectively playing it in true real-time (as with Mass Effect, for example). It's far more enjoyable this way.

There's a floaty feel about how he moves that didn't feel right to me. And as I stated earlier I remember using two basic moves for the majority of the game (attack and roll) with a different spell whenever it calls for it but 80% of the time it was the shield spell. the game simply does not force you to play differently.

I also had a minor issue connecting with the character. It's been a while since I played it but I remember some of the choices I could make didn't make sense to me considering what he was doing. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge about the first two game but it seemed un-witcher like from my interpretation playing only witcher 3.

There's a floaty feel about how he moves that didn't feel right to me. And as I stated earlier I remember using two basic moves for the majority of the game (attack and roll) with a different spell whenever it calls for it but 80% of the time it was the shield spell. the game simply does not force you to play differently.

I also had a minor issue connecting with the character. It's been a while since I played it but I remember some of the choices I could make didn't make sense to me considering what he was doing. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge about the first two game but it seemed un-witcher like from my interpretation playing only witcher 3.
Fair enough, but I'd say that's pretty par for the course with most games. It was light years beyond the janky crap we got in W1. Feels like W3 is being judged by the measuring stick of Bloodborne & Dark Souls. Of course it won't seem strong in comparison.

The gameplay sucks and the story actually hurts it for players like me who have never played the first 2.

I wish I had played them and then my feelings for this would be different but my interest is simply not as vested as it should be no matter how hard they tried to explain as much as they could early in the game. It's still a great story but it's not "amazing" as my friends explain. One of my gaming regrets (not playing the series instead of just 3).

The gameplay is still terrible tho. Roll attack roll attack cast a spell.. repeat.

Still better than zelda BOTW everywhere

The gameplay sucks and the story actually hurts it for players like me who have never played the first 2.

I wish I had played them and then my feelings for this would be different but my interest is simply not as vested as it should be no matter how hard they tried to explain as much as they could early in the game. It's still a great story but it's not "amazing" as my friends explain. One of my gaming regrets (not playing the series instead of just 3).

The gameplay is still terrible tho. Roll attack roll attack cast a spell.. repeat.

Uhh why didn’t you just play the first 2 then? Lol

Again why play only the 3rd game of the series? That’s like just jumping into the 3rd season of Breaking Bad and complaining about it because you hadn’t seen the first 2 seasons

id say yes it would be either the best or in the top 3.

lol@ people crying about gameplay. You can easily fix that instead of canning up the thread

lol@ people crying about gameplay. You can easily fix that instead of canning up the thread

The combat was kind of lacking.. Wasn't bad or anything, just kinda underwhelming when compared to the rest of the game, it can get a bit repetitive which was the only real shortcoming the game had for me.

Easily the best game of this gen, hands down. Aside from GTA V it's my favorite game the last 10 years.

Uhh why didn’t you just play the first 2 then? Lol

Meh. Missed the boat on that I guess. I mean I had tons of other games to play and this series fell through the cracks. I really wish I had played the first two but I was not going to go back to an oler PlayStation and play them before Witcher 3.

i havent seen any current RPG outside of zelda come close to its glory. And if someone trys to say any bioware or ea game, stop....lol

Fair enough, but I'd say that's pretty par for the course with most games. It was light years beyond the janky crap we got in W1. Feels like W3 is being judged by the measuring stick of Bloodborne & Dark Souls. Of course it won't seem strong in comparison.

Story and graphics I prefer Witcher 3 way above blood borne. But gameplay is better in blood borne.

Witcher 3 is one of the greatest RPG ever. But greatest game ever.. urr no I don’t believe so but again it’s all opinions. Technically no right or wrong answer in the grand scheme of things and I did enjoy playing it.

I am just answering the question of the thread. Greatest game ever. Hell no.

I'm playing through Witcher 2 right now. The controls and combat take a bit of getting used to but the story, world depth and RPG elements are all top notch. Same with the character and monster design. For all you Witcher fans check this out.

I played 1 in like 2009 and do not really remember it much. Played 2 like 6 years ago. After like 100 hrs in 3, I liked 2 better. Smaller game, shorter, but it felt way more focused. The beginning of the game with the huge battle was really really cool.

The weakest part of the Witcher 3 is the GAMEplay. The combat is garbage, and this is from someone who recognizes it's greatness in story, and art in general.

Almost 3 years, and I still havent beaten it because even with Death March and Ghost Mode modded to increase the difficulty, it's still dodge to side, hit, dodge to side, hit.

Isn't that basically what Dark Souls is? And that's supposedly the pinnacle of RPG combat.

fix how? you seem very defensive about this game

Game overall is great but the combat is pretty weak.

The combat turned me off from this game.

No it's not.

I played 1 in like 2009 and do not really remember it much. Played 2 like 6 years ago. After like 100 hrs in 3, I liked 2 better. Smaller game, shorter, but it felt way more focused. The beginning of the game with the huge battle was really really cool.

You really like Jay from RedLetterMedia eh?

Back