Is the Xbox 360 and PS3 the goat generation of consoles?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
The games are better looking these days, but I still play my 360 just as much as I play my Xbox One. My first console was an Atari 2600 when I was 6 years old in 1986 and I've kept up with the current generation of console ever since and I'd have to say the 360 is the Goat (besides the RROD issue with the first gen models)

The 360 has a very user friendly interface, a section of $1 indie games, a section of $5-$20 arcade games, media apps, and a section to download AAA titles. It was also the last gen to be able to play physical discs without having to download them, which what kind of sucks about the PS4 and XB1, because the games are so big now and they take over an hour to download.

The 360 and PS3 a like also had a more eclectic library as the games weren't as expensive to make as they are today, but were still able to produce games with stunning visuals. Today developers are too afraid to take risks and we miss out on a lot the variety that we used to have.

Cliffs:
PS3 and 360 were the perfect balance of great graphics mixed with a variety of games. Imo the developers had more room to take chances, because games weren't as expensive to make.

The generation lasted too long but yeah it did have some of the greatest games of any generation

360 was...
tenor.gif

or it's more like your xbox one sucks hence why you are still on your 360...

think my favorite was the PS2. the library of games I had for that system was insane.

I had the most fun with the OG Nintendo. Fuck the graphics

I had the most fun with the OG Nintendo. Fuck the graphics

N64 for me, especially with the number of games that had 4 player support and zero load times because of the cartridge format, I spent probably thousands of hours playing 4 player split screen with my siblings and mates from school.

WWF No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Kazooie
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Lylat Wars
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Jet Force Gemini
Mario 64
Resident Evil 2
F Zero X
Turok Series
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Smash Bros
1080 Snowboarding

PS3 has Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2.

PS4 has Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne.

786de3bed1f86697ab32568f6fb3a216.gif

I agree with TS. The 3D before the PS3/360 era was ugly. Only a few games can still be considered beautiful AND interesting (both) on each console before that.

It's certainly up there. I think there was a really incredible and consistent three generation run for consoles as a whole, so it's hard to put one over the other.

I think it was the last revolutionary gen we'll see for a while. This gen is kind of coasting on what last gen accomplished, and has really added nothing to the industry other than better graphics. There has been next to no innovation in overall game design.

Having raised in a famicom household in the late 80s and genesis in the early 90s, the moment I heard the haunting whistle of wild arms anime intro-on a console!- I said to myself: "this is it.".

Nothing comes close to ps1.

N64 for me, especially with the number of games that had 4 player support and zero load times because of the cartridge format, I spent probably thousands of hours playing 4 player split screen with my siblings and mates from school.

WWF No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Kazooie
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Lylat Wars
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Jet Force Gemini
Mario 64
Resident Evil 2
F Zero X
Turok Series
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Smash Bros
1080 Snowboarding

Da fuq is Lylat Wars?

16 bit was. Best variety of games and legendary titles.

Dark Souls
Mass Effect Trilogy
Fallout 4
Skyrim
GTA IV
Uncharted trilogy
Last of Us
Batman Arkham City
Modern Warfare
Etc.

Yup, it's my favourite generation.

Yes by far

Halo 3
Halo 4
Gears of war
Forza 3,4, Horizon
Alan Wake
Skyrim, Oblivion
Fallout 3, New Vegas
Crysis 1-3
Fable 2
The orange box
Red dead redemption
GTA 4, 5
Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Infiinite
Call of duty 2,3,4, word at war, mw2, black ops 1 and 2
Bad company 1 and 2
Arkahm asylum, Arkham City
Killzone 2, 3
Infamous 1,2
God of war 3
The last of us
Uncharted 1-3
Resistance 1-3
Left 4 dead 1-2
Borderlands 1-3

I could keep going

So many amazing games and it's when the online gaming experience on console entered its prime imo and had many new features (party chat, achievements/trophies etc)

I loathe the constant connectivity and gigantic installs of this generation.

The games are better looking these days, but I still play my 360 just as much as I play my Xbox One. My first console was an Atari 2600 when I was 6 years old in 1986 and I've kept up with the current generation of console ever since and I'd have to say the 360 is the Goat (besides the RROD issue with the first gen models)

The 360 has a very user friendly interface, a section of $1 indie games, a section of $5-$20 arcade games, media apps, and a section to download AAA titles. It was also the last gen to be able to play physical discs without having to download them, which what kind of sucks about the PS4 and XB1, because the games are so big now and they take over an hour to download.

The 360 and PS3 a like also had a more eclectic library as the games weren't as expensive to make as they are today, but were still able to produce games with stunning visuals. Today developers are too afraid to take risks and we miss out on a lot the variety that we used to have.

Cliffs:
PS3 and 360 were the perfect balance of great graphics mixed with a variety of games. Imo the developers had more room to take chances, because games weren't as expensive to make.
For me and my experiences with this generation of consoles; it's reminiscent of what I disliked about PC gaming. The appeal of console gaming was that it was much more casual, plug and play. I could buy a game, bring it home, pop it in and immediately start playing. Now, I have to take it home and install the game and it's latest updates and out here in the sticks, it could mean hours between bringing the game home and actually playing.

I told myself that I would be done with gaming after the last generation of consoles, then I had an injury in June when I caved and bought an XBone. While I am experiencing bits of buyer's remorse here and there, this will definitely be my last console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back