Is there a Russian overhand?

Yeah :)

I used to coach and fight out of Evade for a long time. Right now I'm doing bits of training at Evade building myself back up after shoulder surgery.

I think i saw another guy who used to train at evade, that seemed like he branched out and started his on youtube. cant think of his name. I like Dave Breeds stuff, great example of combining MT with the TMA

I think i saw another guy who used to train at evade, that seemed like he branched out and started his on youtube. cant think of his name. I like Dave Breeds stuff, great example of combining MT with the TMA

Right on, that's what I love about it too. YouTube channel could be my own, just made a bag work thread in this section, butbeen out of action for a while due to said surgery ^_^

Could also be Stuart who runs "The Warrior Collective", a much bigger channel than mine!

Damn son, that was a really great round. What weight is this at? I don’t even understand how Mugabi could take those punches like that. Such crazy sharp offense with not a lot of defense

Middleweight, back in the 80s. A great time for boxing fans, not so fun if you were a middleweight since you'd end up fighting Duran, Hagler, Hearns, or Leonard at some point and get mangled. If you look around a bit you can find the entire Hagler vs. Mugabi fight on the 'net, it's definitely worth watching

Most people confuse the over hand with the cross. Initially both punches have had the same idea, the cross actually comes from crossing the jab and has been a straight punch. But it has been developed to an over hand. The over hand has close, mid and long range. At the JT video that was posted you can its different ranges (I love trowing the close range one). What Golovkin does is trow a mid range overhand, however he trows also right hooks often as a counter to blocking or evading his over hand and cross so you can mix up recognising the shots. However the technique is similar from mid range over hand to mid range right hook. And since Golovkins coach is a Mexican - the answer is no - there is no Russian over hand. It is just that Golovkin has pretty damn good technique and you can recognise different range of motions due to his skills.

Back