Is there any debate that KD is better than LeBrone?

PG13 was considered top 10 or 12 last season. Bosh probably wasn't in 2010 (maybe top 15). Melo has been a top 10 player the last 12 years. Has slipped a bit the last season or two, admittedly.

You know how much you'll be talking up PG13 when Magic pulls all the stops to get him to LA in the offseason.

Top 10 all time, Barney. The point was that nobody cares what Bronk/PG/Melon do because they aren't shoehorned into a top player all time discussion like the Known Steroider is.

All I know is that Chris Webber just said LeBron "Caught the ball in the middle of the air." Webber is one smart dude.

Top 10 all time, Barney. The point was that nobody cares what Bronk/PG/Melon do because they aren't shoehorned into a top player all time discussion like the Known Steroider is.
Of course he's top 10 all time. There's no argument there. He's LeBron, Gronk is Gronk and can't do what LeBron did. Ranch is Ranch and can't do what LeBron did.

Durant now chucking 3s, too scared of getting his shit shoved in by LeBron again. Looks like he'll need Steffy to bail him out again.

If James and Durant traded places the Cavs wouldn't have made it to the finals as often. No doubt in my mind!

Who would have stopped this KD led Cavs team in the East in your hypothetical? Just curious. KD is currently playing better basketball because he's playing both ends of the floor (top 10 defender in the league), tends to get his scoring in the flow of the game without sacrificing everyones game around him..

Juice also GM'd his team into the ground through forcing Cleveland to payout bad contracts for friends using his agent, where as KD took less and added value to a great team.

Players that join the "LeJuice offense" system tend to regress immediately because it's more about the LeBron show and racking up stats, they aren't depended on, properly integrated or develop any rhythm, they are just randomly fired dishes occasionally when LeJuice runs into a wall. KD actually plays as part of an offense in the flow of things, he isn't the system which allows roll players to contribute and do work.

KD circus is way less disgusting than the LeBron side show circus that's been going on for the past 6+ year..

Currently KD > LeBron overall this year for sure.

If KD would've won a ring with his team(OKC), there would be a real argument for it. As is, he's just a slightly less iconic version of Lebron.

You’re that guy Blake Bortles was talking about.

Durant can take a night off and you barely even notice that he's gone... the warriors were the best team before he even arrived. Lebron has never been in a situation like that.

Pretty close when the "big 3" were in Miami.

Two of the biggest bitches in the game.

Lold hard when lebron was bitching about the refs a few weeks back. Dude gets away with bull dozing through the lane and traveling more than anyone in the league lmao.

Get back to me when KD goes back to OKC and leads them to a title since he followed LBJ’s playbook on how to get a ring.

W

When did this ever happen? Surely you're not talking about the year Kyrie was putting 35ppg?
LMAO, you tacked on 10pts there, bud.

Kyring has been overrated (thanks in large part ot the love of AND1-type streetball, and also his stint as Uncle Drew) who hasn't found his way to the playoffs as alpha on a team ever before-- hell, did he even notch a winning season? Perennial loser up until Lebron, and now Boston. Kevin joined a team that just set the freaking record for regular season wins, and already had a Larry O'Brien on its shelf.

Like I said: let's see Kevin Durant carry Cleveland to a title, and then we can start talking about him being better than Lebron all-time. Right now? Yeah, probably. Personal primes? No. Career? Put down the crack pipe.

LMAO, you tacked on 10pts there, bud.

Kyring has been overrated (thanks in large part ot the love of AND1-type streetball, and also his stint as Uncle Drew) who hasn't found his way to the playoffs as alpha on a team ever before-- hell, did he even notch a winning season? Perennial loser up until Lebron, and now Boston. Kevin joined a team that just set the freaking record for regular season wins, and already had a Larry O'Brien on its shelf.

Like I said: let's see Kevin Durant carry Cleveland to a title, and then we can start talking about him being better than Lebron all-time. Right now? Yeah, probably. Personal primes? No. Career? Put down the crack pipe.

"Carrying" denotes he did it by himself. In the context of basketball, Dirk carried the Mavs to a title, Hakeem carried the Rockets to a title. Irving averaged ~27ppg that series. And iirc there were multiple close games that he basically took over in the 4th. I'm not personally a fan of his style of play, but I think it's fair to say he made a significant contribution to the Cavs winning the series.

Pretty close when the "big 3" were in Miami.
They were a .500 team (7-7) in games Lebron missed in Miami. Although he didn't take the 'rest' games there like he does in Leaveland (where they're 4-23 without him since returning, though that stat was from before this season, where it's only gotten worse).

The Warios are around 25-5 without Durant.

"Carrying" denotes he did it by himself. In the context of basketball, Dirk carried the Mavs to a title, Hakeem carried the Rockets to a title. Irving averaged ~27ppg that series. And iirc there were multiple close games that he basically took over in the 4th. I'm not personally a fan of his style of play, but I think it's fair to say he made a significant contribution to the Cavs winning the series.
The 2016 Finals weren't close games. The teams traded blow outs until Game 7. The 4th quarters were largely garbage time. Kyrie hit the 'dagger' 3 that won Game 7, but he went 2 for 6 in that quarter. Lebron wasn't a monster, going 3-8, but his block is what saved them late in the quarter as well.

In Game 6 (the second closest win the Cavs had), Kyrie was 0-2 in the 4th while Lebron was 6-9. In this game the teams exploded for scoring, with the Cavs winning the quarter 35-30. They lead by 9 coming in.

Game 5 you can argue Kyrie 'took over' in the 4th going 5-9 while Lebron was 2-7, so this may be what you're remembering. But both teams combined for all of 32 pts in that 4th (19-13 Cavs) and the Cavs were up by 9 coming into the 4th.

Their other win in game 3 was by 30 points and they were up huge going into the 4th. They put that game away in the 3rd when Lebron went nuts. Kyrie had more than half his points in the 1st quarter.

Last edited:
The 2016 Finals weren't close games. The teams traded blow outs until Game 7. The 4th quarters were largely garbage time. Kyrie hit the 'dagger' 3 that won Game 7, but he went 2 for 6 in that quarter. Lebron wasn't a monster, going 3-8, but his block is what saved them late in the quarter as well.

In Game 6 (the second closest win the Cavs had), Kyrie was 0-2 in the 4th while Lebron was 6-9. In this game the teams exploded for scoring, with the Cavs winning the quarter 35-30. They lead by 9 coming in.

Game 5 you can argue Kyrie 'took over' in the 4th going 5-9 while Lebron was 2-7, so this may be what you're remembering. But both teams combined for all of 32 pts in that 4th (19-13 Cavs) and the Cavs were up by 9 coming into the 4th.

Their other win in game 3 was by 30 points and they were up huge going into the 4th. They put that game away in the 3rd when Lebron went nuts. Kyrie had more than half his points in the 1st quarter.
I'll assume this is all true and unbiased. Even still, 27/4/4/2 and hitting some clutch shots in pivotal moments still easily constitutes not being carried by your teammate.

Carried by Lebron.

Remind me: how many points did he score in the playoffs the previous year? What was the Cavs' record?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back