Is there any disagreement that Nas in present time would be the most popular fighter by miles

My favourite boxer ever and one of my favourite rappers while we're at it.

If he didn't get embarrassed by the first legit fighter he came up against then absolutely. He didn't have the skills to back up his antics though

Top boxers are like Charlie Sheen and AIDS. For years, you wonder why they aren't battling then when it finally happens, it's just sad.

Nas was a demon, absolutely loved watching him fight. Probably the last boxer I really supported and followed.

Also, gotta love the love for Nas in this thread
tumblr_n1n2vk6QHi1rjo2u8o1_500.gif
nas has 1 good project {<jordan}

Prime Naz was a special fighter, perhaps the most naturally gifted of all time, he had a great career, but he lost interest in boxing so young, he should have been around in his prime long enough to fight Manny, Floyd, Marquez and Barerra again and at his best he'd have been a difficult fight for anyone.

Last edited:
He'd be popular but not more than Conor, owing to the fact Conor is Irish. Ireland and Irish descendened people have the most enthusiastic fighting fan base/history and have also been long deprived of a global fighting superstar.....excluding Marcus Davis that is. Nas would still be popular, but he was a Paki from England; had he been Irish, then absolutely he would have been the biggest.

He'd be popular but not more than Conor, owing to the fact Conor is Irish. Ireland and Irish descendened people have the most enthusiastic fighting fan base/history and have also been long deprived of a global fighting superstar.....excluding Marcus Davis that is. Nas would still be popular, but he was a Paki from England; had he been Irish, then absolutely he would have been the biggest.
Nasim was very entertaining, charismatic and cocky. But he was not nearly as inspirational as Conor. It does not matter whether he is British, Irish or Croatian.

Nasim was very entertaining, charismatic and cocky. But he was not nearly as inspirational as Conor. It does not matter whether he is British, Irish or Croatian.
I agree that they are different but definitely disagree that Conor being Irish played a massive part in his success - just look at the Dublin show and how the UFC strategically would put Conor in places that had large Irish bases (Boston); the Irish get behind their fighters unlike anyone and there is a reason why they are called "The fighting Irish". Coming from Boston too (which has a large Irish population) I have first hand seen how Irish descendent people really get behind the Irish fighters and how much all these Irish descendent kids got into MMA when someone that looked like them had major success.

Nan be the we need but the hero we don't deserve

he overrated
Fair enough, I think he is a dope emcee with a great flow, but you're right that Illmatic is the only thing close to classic he's done.
Though his guest spots on Cuban Linx, Infamous, Main Source, Fast Life, MC Serch, etc have been second to none

Back