Is there any downside to buying a desktop instead of a labtop?

SugarKrok

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
My labtop died. I brought it to a repair shop to replace the hardrive akd battery, but thry can't do it because I fwargot the password. Lol. Wtf.

I was looking on the internet at labtops. I just want one for watching junk, PS2 emulator, and random shit. I was looking I to prices and it's insane how cheap decent desktops are. Plus you can buy a big ass monitor for them. I'm confuused. Is there a downside I'm missing? I don't give a shit about twirling round the house with my labtop.

$125 for Desktop HP 6200 Proo CCore 3 3.1GHZ 2éme Gén 4G Mémoire / 500G D.D whereas a labtop of similar GHz is like $1000.

The downside is that you can't take them places or sit on the couch with it on your lap.

Other than transportability, there are mostly plusses to having a desktop and the expanded options of building/adding to it

4 times, labtop.

Go fight your English teacher and whip his ass.

4 times, labtop.

Go fight your English teacher and whip his ass.

fwargot

Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

If it's just for home use, and you have a phone, you should go with the desktop.

My labtop died. I brought it to a repair shop to replace the hardrive akd battery, but thry can't do it because I fwargot the password. Lol. Wtf.

I was looking on the internet at labtops. I just want one for watching junk, PS2 emulator, and random shit. I was looking I to prices and it's insane how cheap decent desktops are. Plus you can buy a big ass monitor for them. I'm confuused. Is there a downside I'm missing? I don't give a shit about twirling round the house with my labtop.

$125 for Desktop HP 6200 Proo CCore 3 3.1GHZ 2éme Gén 4G Mémoire / 500G D.D whereas a labtop of similar GHz is like $1000.

This doesn't make sense to me. If your hard drive is dead any Windows PW doesn't matter at all. If your BIOS has a password that can usually be reset too.

This doesn't make sense to me. If your hard drive is dead any Windows PW doesn't matter at all. If your BIOS has a password that can usually be reset too.

I didn't understand what the problem was either. The password I forgot is the one you punch in upon booting up the computer. I figured they could change it or something, or just work around it. I was mystified when I went back to pick up my unfixed paper weight.

If just using at home then just get a desktop.

I didn't understand what the problem was either. The password I forgot is the one you punch in upon booting up the computer. I figured they could change it or something, or just work around it. I was mystified when I went back to pick up my unfixed paper weight.

Depends.
If it's a BIOS password, those can typically be bypassed.
If it's a hard drive encryption password, you may be SOL unless you have some sort of recovery key.

Depends.
If it's a BIOS password, those can typically be bypassed.
If it's a hard drive encryption password, you may be SOL unless you have some sort of recovery key.

But he's replacing the HD, should be able to just plug in a new hd, install windows and off he goes.

You forgot the password you had to type everyday to access the computer?

But he's replacing the HD, should be able to just plug in a new hd, install windows and off he goes.

yes, if it's a drive encryption or windows password.
no if it's a BIOS boot password. that would still need to be entered or reset.

yes, if it's a drive encryption or windows password.
no if it's a BIOS boot password. that would still need to be entered or reset.

I doubt this fwargot had a BIOS password on his labtop

Back