Is there any fight that Mayweather arguably lost?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Amongst his decisions and split decisions I mean.

Both Castillo fights were arguable. Second one was closer on the score cards, but it’s becone the common narrative that Floyd got soundly beaten in the first fight and came back to dominate in the second one.

The first Castillo fight is very, very close.

There was some controversy after the DLH fight but watching it a second time seals the deal.

I thought he lost to castillo

Honestly watching the dlh fight recently i can see why one judge had it for oscar. Floyd was really disappointing that night

Both Costillo fights were arguable. Second one was closer on the score cards, but it’s becone the common narrative that Floyd got soundly beaten in the first fight and came back to dominate in the second one.

He didn't get beat in the first fight Castillo wasn't hitting Floyd. Just following him around the first 5 rounds of the figh, not landing clean effective punches and HBO Jim Lamply was lying, look at round 10, 35 sec left in that round . Jim was screaming Castillo is landing punches. But when we look at the replay Castillo never landed those punches.

It was the fight they made close because the Ref took a point from Mayweather fore his legal effective elbow, but Mayweather was pushing off with it.

Referee Vic Drakulich took a point away from Castillo for hitting on the break in the eighth round. In the tenth round, Drakulich deducted a point from Mayweather for using his elbows.

So they had the fight close i didn't . Some people do, some don't. HBO and some people were on Crack scoring this fight

Mayweather was able to keep the fight on the outside and outbox Castillo in the early rounds. All three judges gave Mayweather the first four rounds. Mayweather complained about his left shoulder to his corner between rounds.

If Mayweather won the first 5 rounds easy then he must of lost the last 7 rounds of the fight , Right ***** ?

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php
/Jose_Luis_Castillo_vs._Floyd_Mayweather_Jr._(1st_meeting)

Mayweather was able to keep the fight on the outside and outbox Castillo in the early rounds. All three judges gave Mayweather the first four rounds. Mayweather complained about his left shoulder to his corner between rounds. He later said he injured it in his last day of training.

Castillo finally caught up to Mayweather in the sixth and seventh rounds, winning both rounds on all three scorecards. Castillo was able to get closer and land shots to the body and head.

How did Castillo catch up to Mayweather only wining 2 rounds when Mayweather won the first 5 rounds that means Mayweather lost rounds 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,****** To lose the fight

That's not even possible***** Unless you gave Castillo some of the first 6 rounds. 1-5 that's impossible, Castillo didn't do anything in rounds 1-5 He didn't even land any clean hard power punches .

Jim Lamply said in round 5 Castillo cant even land 3 punches in a row on Floyd and Castillo wasn't landing nothing. Just following Floyd around getting hit with punches.

I was winning rounds. I wasn't worried at all. I was out-boxing him easy. The first time a guy lands a few shots on me, and they say it was a close fight. That's because usually I blow them out of the water." - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

If Mayweather won the first 5 rounds easy then he must of lost the last 7 rounds of the fight , Right ***** ?

What fight were you watching ?

You want it close or a Castillo win because that's the only fight Mayweather had trouble because of his hurt shoulder and you just want to point to a fight saying see Mayweather lost this one HBO even said he did see.

That's the only reason people can even try to clam Mayweather lost this fight because HBO was saying this
Herold L, scorecard was so crazy that he didn't no what fight he was watching He even forgot how to score rounds the right way.

My score Mayweather wins 1-5 rounds Castillo wins rounds 6, 7. Round 8 is a 2 point round for Mayweather Castillo lost a point Mayweather won the round, 2 point. round 8.

Round 9 Mayweather wins Castillo didn't do nothing but follow Floyd around getting hit.

Round 10, even round Mayweather won the round Ref took a point from Floyd, even round.

Round 11 Floyd wins the round easy controlling the round cleaner more effective punches.

Round 12 could be even or Mayweather round. I will even give Castillo round 12 just to prove a point.

Mayweather wins rounds 1-5, round 8 by two points, wins round 9. Round 10 even round, round 11 Floyd wins, round 12 even round, or Castillo round.

Castillo wins rounds 6-7 and round 12, 1 round even round 10

Mayweather wins the fight 8 rounds to 3 rounds. With 1 round even and wins 2 points in round 8. Because 1, point was taken away from Castillo in round 8.

HBO is on Crack to try to say that fight was close, because they were trying to make the fight competitive to make it exciting.

How the hell does HBO have Mayweather losing rounds 3 and 5 LOL ?

Herold has round 8 even that Mayweather won and Costillo lost a point in round 8 and lost the round. So round 8 is a 10-8 round.

But round 10 he gave Castillo 2 points, a 10-8 round, but Mayweather won round 10. So round 10 is even, Mayweather lost a point but won the round.

LOL freaking HBO was drunk that night. Or just wanted a close fight so people will keep watching.

Lets just watch the fight and see Who really wont it.

The first Castillo fight could have gone either way. That's the only genuinely controversial decision of his pro career.

His fight against being a gentleman

Edit: His fight to be a gentleman. Same thing?

His fight against zab Judah...

When roger Mayweather stepped into the ring before the melee, according to the rule book (stupid rule btw) that should have warranted a DQ.

And I scored Manny vs Mayweather 12-0 for Manny...

I found the first Castillo fight hard to score.

Coming from an amateur boxing background I tend to score headshots more highly as I know what they feel like, though I've taken body shots, I can't relate to the kind of sustained body attack Castillo put to Mayweather.

I think it was a close fight either way.

On the De La Hoya fight, I'd like to say I believe that De La Hoya although not that old was well past his prime at that point and Mayweather was clearly not as impressive as the juiced up Mosley for instance.

His fight against zab Judah...

When roger Mayweather stepped into the ring before the melee, according to the rule book (stupid rule btw) that should have warranted a DQ.

And I scored Manny vs Mayweather 12-0 for Manny...
tenor.gif

Now I no not to listen to you when you talk About Boxing.

Castillo fight was not even close. Maywheater even went inside fighting at the 11th round, to prove a point he is better in anything than Castillo.

Both Castillo fights were arguable. Second one was closer on the score cards, but it’s becone the common narrative that Floyd got soundly beaten in the first fight and came back to dominate in the second one.
Soundly beat? I dont know about that. Close fight that Floyd won.

The second fight wasn't close at all.

Personally, I felt certain judges could have given rounds to Maidana in those fights. Oscar fight was pretty close.

Well, it seems that a few people do believe that the Earth is flat.
I think that's more possible then someone having a close fight with Floyd.. to the guy who said the De la hoya fight was close are you kidding me??

I think that's more possible then someone having a close fight with Floyd.. to the guy who said the De la hoya fight was close are you kidding me??

Floyd is (was) a boxer. Not a super hero. As super heroes do not happen to exist. Super heroes can be unvincible. Boxers aren't. Being undefeated as a pro doesn't mean you would have beaten any boxer, anytime. Otherwise Sven Ottke would be an immense boxer.

De la Hoya won several rounds before he slowed down and Floyd timed and countered his jab. This is what you can see when you do watch the fight.

Invincible is the word you were looking for there and ya I watched the fight and Oscar got mopped those little late flurries were desperate and weak . You probably thought the gatti fight was close hahaha

Back