Is there any fight that Mayweather arguably lost?

Invincible is the word you were looking for there and ya I watched the fight and Oscar got mopped those little late flurries were desperate and weak . You probably thought the gatti fight was close hahaha

Spellling grannies should avoid "ya". Nope, the Gatti fight wasn't close. It was a mid-rounds stoppage. The DLH fight was a close split decision, though.

Shoulda lost the McGregor fight. Conor was winning 89-82 before the early stoppage in the 10th.

That's what my friend said.

The only close fight dlh had that year was with sobriety

The thing about Floyd is that he is the product of shifting views about boxing. If you watch guys from the chavez era everyone had that tough guy mentality where they would love to stand and bang. Almost like they were obligated to never back down from a fire fight. I think if Floyd vs Castillo and Floyd vs Maidana happened in those times people would universally think Floyd lost. But today we are like fine cheese lovers who look down on that style and want to be part of the fancy precision and perfection club.

I think that's more possible then someone having a close fight with Floyd.. to the guy who said the De la hoya fight was close are you kidding me??
Yeah it was fairly close. Oscar took some early rounds but stopped moving his hands when Floyd started timing him. I think I had that fight 115/113 floyd.

The thing about Floyd is that he is the product of shifting views about boxing. If you watch guys from the chavez era everyone had that tough guy mentality where they would love to stand and bang. Almost like they were obligated to never back down from a fire fight. I think if Floyd vs Castillo and Floyd vs Maidana happened in those times people would universally think Floyd lost. But today we are like fine cheese lovers who look down on that style and want to be part of the fancy precision and perfection club.

I disagree the fans of a boxer loves their style, not just one style in a era of boxing everyone loved Mike Tyson and his style, but if Mike was a boxer like James Toney, they would still love him because they are his fans and he was destroying everyone .

Just like the fans of Pernell Whitaker loved his style and the fans of Chavez loved his style but the fans of Chavez hated the style of Whitaker and the fans of Whitaker didn't like the style of Chavez .

But people that love boxing, but have their favorite fighters, love and try to learn all the styles of boxing.

People just wanted to see Mayweather tested and pushed to have a hard fight because he was just beating fighters easy.

Then it got to a point that they just wanted to see him lose, they were thinking he can't be that good their has to be someone who can beat him. But the more he kept winning the more they wanted him to lose, it got so bad they wanted him to fight GGG a middle weight.

But now people are coming back to earth and stopping all that nonsense and giving him his due after he beat MCgregor.

Just read the comments on YouTube after the fight press conference, he is getting crazy mad love now. It just took some time for people to stop all that childish nonsense and give the man his due.

So it's not the style it's the fans of a certain boxer they love and it doesn't matter what style he has they love him and not his style. Because Marquez is a boxer and Latinos love his style and him, he doesn't fight toe to toe with pressure and power punches like Chavez .

But the true fans of boxing itself love all styles of the Art, just because I like Ward doesn't mean I don't like Canelo or GGG or Lara or Spence Jr or kovalev. I just love boxing itself it doesn't matter about the style.

But people tend to love a fighter of their own race because we are tribal by nature that's one of the reasons the other is racism.

yeah the castillo fight was a tough one to score, like i genuinely think the first fight couldve been given to either fighter, i can understand the arguments for either one winning it

i personally wouldve given the nod to castillo but thats biased as fuck because ive always been a castillo nut hugger

Yeah it was fairly close. Oscar took some early rounds but stopped moving his hands when Floyd started timing him. I think I had that fight 115/113 floyd.
Good thing you're not a judge

As LI said, theoretically Roger could've gotten Floyd dq'd on a bullshit technicality in the Zab fight, we saw that in Kirkland/Molina iirc, but in terms of actually legitimately losing I would only say the first Castillo fight, which I had Castillo taking but could've gone either way as others have mentioned.

Well, he certainly mugged him for the first half of the fight, there was no clear winner in my book hence the rematch.
Maidana showed great pressure but he rarely landed clean whilst floyd was throwing a lot less but he was consistently landing clean throughout. People expected floyd to win and didn't expect all that pressure from Maidana so many were clouded by how good maidana did than the fact that floyd still won pretty clearly imo although he was given a run for his money. When you go back and pay attention to the shots Floyd was landing throughout its clearer to see:

Most everyone had a similar score. How did you score it?
I'm not a judge when I say it wasn't close maybe I should of said that mayweather wasn't in any danger. Dlh used to be so quick lightening quick but he couldn't get off like he wanted to

Floyd had some close fights but not a single one of them should be considered a robbery at all. When fights are close that means no one gets robbed regardless of who wins.

I thought Castillo had him the first time by a round. I thought Castillo got blown out the second time. The judges obviously disagreed haha.

For someone with such a long career it really is rare that none of his fights seemed to get an obviously wrong result. Pretty much everyone else with a name and a long career either got robbed or robbed someone else. Not Floyd.

DLH used to be so quick lightening quick but he couldn't get off like he wanted to

He'd had 8 fights in 6 years going into the bout. He was wearing silk pyjamas and way past his prime.

I think the prime version of De La Hoya who fought Trinidad and Mosley would have beaten him.

Back