Is there really an optimal stance?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Bladed stance

Advantages: Groin more protected, faster in and out motion, stronger rear strikes, faster lead strikes, faster spin kicks.

Disadvantages: rear of leg exposed to round kicks, harder to sprawl from, poor stability side to side, slower side to side footwork

4c5be2773ca1af863f6301fd296328dc.jpg

Square Front on stance

maxresdefault.jpg

Advantages: More powerful lead weapons, faster rear strikes, faster side to side footwork, side of leg protected, easy to sprawl from

Disadvantages: Groin wide open, hard to spin kick from, poor stability backwards, slower front and back footwork

3/4 stance

20111231060754_111231235447.JPG

Advantages: None

Disadvantages: None

All seems pretty even Stevens to me

Last edited:
OH please you reference Bruce Lee???. He had zero professional fights. His movie stances are irrelevant

Stances are fully contextual. There is no cookie-cutter stance that works all the time.

The most important aspect of stance is that it's adaptable. If you're stuck in any one position, you're fucked.

Why do most MMA fighters point their front foot in just a little? Thai fighters point the toes straight forward

use the search function and search for "sinister" and go through his posts you will gain a lot of knowledge , for example type "leverage sinster" that will help you understand being grounded

The worst stance against a grappler id the upright Muay Thai stance. Boxing stance is better for takedowns - your center of gravity is lower. Also makes you less of a target for striking.

Karate stances are Okey as well.

The worst stance against a grappler id the upright Muay Thai stance. Boxing stance is better for takedowns - your center of gravity is lower. Also makes you less of a target for striking.

Karate stances are Okey as well.

You are alot like me space time except my positive self beliefs are based on something real, you blindly self promote despite sucking donkey penis

You are alot like me space time except my positive self beliefs are based on something real, you blindly self promote despite sucking donkey penis

if only I could say the same thing about your signature..... but then again I understand it's a troll and it's not serious.... surely.....

if only I could say the same thing about your signature..... but then again I understand it's a troll and it's not serious.... surely.....

its a subjective opinion as valid as the current status quo which is also just a subjective opinion on whats fair and whats not

my subjective opinion would be more entertaining and allow more people to fight

come up with something factual and non subjective to argue with and I will respond

its a subjective opinion as valid as the current status quo which is also just a subjective opinion on whats fair and whats not

my subjective opinion would be more entertaining and allow more people to fight

come up with something factual and non subjective to argue with and I will respond

why would I feed a troll? I'd let the troll do his thing in his mums basement...without any single **** given lol.

talking can be done inside a mat/ring/cage whatever..

according to your logic that's like saying 'is it fair that a swimmer who started swimming in their 20's have to compete with someone who's started swimming as a child?'

yes no crap... a sport is a sport.. you chose to compete late. bad luck bro. most people that are naturally athletic or genetically athletic do wel even if they started at the age of 20 regardless of TRT or not... but hey keep doing those keyboard presses, im sure you'll be on your 10th dan in a matter of months.

Back