Is this a deal breaker

Knowing Chael, I wonder if that was intentional to get under Jones' skin.
The can of coke? Of course it was

Everyone knew about his extra curricular activities

Remember years ago Rashad calling Jones out on it

You just met this broad, you haven't even banged her yet and you are already having thoughts of her meeting your mom?

WTF is wrong with you?

Some guys go ba//s deep without ever undressing...

No, religion is very important lol I can guarantee you it will cause problems in the relationship, she will be wanting you to go to church with her and convert you every chance she gets. So if religion is a deal breaker don’t try anything serious, I guess you can try to fuck her but if she’s serious about being a Christian that ain’t working either

Definitely depends on how devout she is. I don't mind Christian women as long as they don't have an issue with me being agnostic.

So I met this girl who works with the same agency as I do where they set us up with groups of adults to teach them conversational English. I was waiting for my students to show up in the lobby when this cute girl sat next to me to organize her papers and I saw that it was teaching material. I asked her if she's also a teacher and we started to chat a bit. Turns out she's from England and has two other jobs, teaching English to children and consulting teenagers in juvie to prevent them from going into a life of crime.

She is cute and seemed pretty chill but I hesitated to ask her out since I was didn't want to shit where I eat. A few weeks later I asked her for her number just to hang out sometime.

We went out for drinks last night. It was the first time we hung out outside of work and really got to know each other. Overall, I really like her. Seems to have a good head on her shoulder and is smart; she's academically much more accomplished than I am and will go back to school for a doctorate. Has a real passion for helping troubled teenagers turn their life around, which I greatly admire. She studied music her whole life before going into criminal psychology, which I also really like since I admire musicians. She was pretty open about her weird quirks and has a morbid sense of humor. Doesn't really drink and party. We really clicked and she liked the fact I wasn't shy about talking about some of the things she wanted to talk about, which also meant being honest about both of our troubled pasts, and that kind of vulnerability is important for me. She's even a bit shorter than me and works out regularly.

She ticked off all the boxes, and her British accent is a giant plus. Something about Asian chicks with British accents are hot.

But there is one red flag, possibly a big one: she's Christian. In fact one of the first things she asked me was if I go to church... To her credit, she didn't seem like one of those crazy overzealous Christians and seemed to be pretty cool with, and even impressed by, my ideas of spirituality. Still, it seems like the one big red flag to an other wise awesome girl. She's the type of girl I'd take home to meet my mom (and my mom will probably like her more because she's Christian). I am wondering if I should even proceed with someone with such a fundamental difference in how she views the world. She did mention in passing that she does prefer to meet men who are Christian so I wonder if I should even bother.

So, should I continue to pursue this girl?

TLDR:
1. It's been awhile since I've started one of my dating threads
2. Met this cute girl, British, smart, cool, has so many things I like about her.
3. But is Christian and being religious is a turn off for me
4. Should I pursue anyway?

I understand your scepticism as I was also in the same boat.

My girlfriend was a Catholic schoolgirl, and even went to this born again christian church (see my other thread about speaking in tongues).

But it doesn't really matter because she respects my viewpoint also, and she doesn't act like a Christian prude.

Make more moves, and give less answers.
If she asks "Do you go to chu......"
Interrupt her immediately and go for the kiss.
Don't even let her finish the sentence.
It should take her by storm.

So to sum up she's cute but not hot enough for you to ignore the catholic thing which is probably why you are asking this in the first place. Majority of guys will usual at least attempt to date someone if they are hot enough even if they are the opposites of them.

Probably will be a issue long term. Considering your dating history and current issue with her I'd say Vegas odds would have this relationship as not working long term at -800

It really comes down to the fact do you want to shit where you eat. My rule is don't do it unless the girl is worth the gamble.

What a stupid thread.

"Hey I met this woman that's perfect for me but she believes different things than I do. Is that a deal breaker?"

So the girl has morals. Such a deal breaker right there, wow.

What a stupid thread.

"Hey I met this woman that's perfect for me but she believes different things than I do. Is that a deal breaker?"
Or:

"Hey, I met this attractive, intelligent woman I have a lot in common with but my deep insecurities have given me an inclination towards self-sabotage so I am looking for any little thing to fuck this up before I even get a chance to touch her leg"

Last edited:
Depends on you and where you are in life. If you just want a fucktoy, probably not a good idea to pursue stuff with her. If friendship and possibly something more serious, then go for it!

I hear there's barista looking to hook up if this doesn't work out.
No. No. Barista is out of the picture. But here’s an aspiring actress who’s down. I think she’s 19.

Her Christianity could keep her disciplined and provide a good early environment for your children, before they figure out the truth.

If she checks the rest of the boxes I'd go for it and just make sure to manage how hard she impresses it onto you as you go.

'She should run a mile' you're obliviously a twit.

Her Christianity could keep her disciplined and provide a good early environment for your children, before they figure out the truth.

If she checks the rest of the boxes I'd go for it and just make sure to manage how hard she impresses it onto you as you go.

The thing I would worry about most is her trying to convert me or meeting someone else she gets along with very well that is also Christian, and that being a point of conflict for her. Also, she might get even more religious and strict as she gets older. The fact that she asked him if he goes to church is a bit of a red flag in terms of how serious she takes it.

You don't really meet too many happily married couples of different religions.

What matters is how Christian her family is

Back