Is this a deal breaker

Christianity
perverse sexuality
promiscuity

I wouldn't worry too much about it because you've already been friendzoned, tbqh.

Biblically speaking Christians are taught to not be equally yoked with unbelievers, as in marriage, but since you didn’t mention her as a candidate for marriage, I don’t see anything wrong with casual dating.

let her find a good christian man who will love all of her and share their faith together. You don't really believe in monogamy from what I've read and you can probably assume she is looking for a life time commitment because of her religion.

Religious and doesn't fuck: Dealbreaker

Religious and does fuck: Dealbreaker, but much further down the road

THe bad thing about dating a chic you work with is that most relationships end. When you work together, this can cause problems. Is it a large company? Do you see her many times thru the day? If not, then no big deal. Now, I met my half Asian wife at work. It was a big company. She was in accounting and I was in engineering. Didnt see her all day unless we went to lunch. Again, working together is a bad thing if/when it goes bad. If she is going to drag you to church eventually, then you have to think about that. Good luck.

I thought about it and I don't think working together won't really be an issue. I only see her once a week because of our respective class schedules. We are actually freelance instructors and not regular employees so I don't think it'll be a big deal.

So the girl has morals. Such a deal breaker right there, wow.

Some of the most toxic people I've met were religious and masked their shittiness with their religion. It's silly to equate having a religion to being a good person.

Or:

"Hey, I met this attractive, intelligent woman I have a lot in common with but my deep insecurities have given me an inclination towards self-sabotage so I am looking for any little thing to fuck this up before I even get a chance to touch her leg"

Quite profound and there's some truth to that as well. The mom thing was to emphasize how wholesome and nice I think this girl is, not that I would actually introduce her to my mom.

But doesn't matter. I thought it over and I decided to her out again this coming weekend. I will be upfront and honest about what I want.

No. No. Barista is out of the picture. But here’s an aspiring actress who’s down. I think she’s 19.

Lol that Barista was out of the picture a long time ago.

Probably gonna end up not turning into anything, but why not give it a try if you like her? A few years ago, I was seeing this chick pretty casually (short, cute redhead with big nats). Even though she was pretty different from me (she was conservative and very Christian), I liked her personality and was turned on by her all the time. She definitely let me know that she was saving herself for marriage and I definitely let her know I was gonna try to bang her constantly. The physical stuff was always super hot, but in the end she never budged on her values. Was a fun several dates, but it just couldn’t work out.

This guy right here. What do you want? A wife or some fun dates and an exit if it doesn't work?

Not a deal breaker dude. Come on give her a chance.

You should follow her to church too, you might just learn something.

What denomination is she?

Edit: Later down the road if it doesn't work out, you have a built-in escape route. "You should be with someone who has the same beliefs, ciao"

The dealbreaker to me is she doesn’t drink or party.

So I met this girl who works with the same agency as I do where they set us up with groups of adults to teach them conversational English. I was waiting for my students to show up in the lobby when this cute girl sat next to me to organize her papers and I saw that it was teaching material. I asked her if she's also a teacher and we started to chat a bit. Turns out she's from England and has two other jobs, teaching English to children and consulting teenagers in juvie to prevent them from going into a life of crime.

She is cute and seemed pretty chill but I hesitated to ask her out since I was didn't want to shit where I eat. A few weeks later I asked her for her number just to hang out sometime.

We went out for drinks last night. It was the first time we hung out outside of work and really got to know each other. Overall, I really like her. Seems to have a good head on her shoulder and is smart; she's academically much more accomplished than I am and will go back to school for a doctorate. Has a real passion for helping troubled teenagers turn their life around, which I greatly admire. She studied music her whole life before going into criminal psychology, which I also really like since I admire musicians. She was pretty open about her weird quirks and has a morbid sense of humor. Doesn't really drink and party. We really clicked and she liked the fact I wasn't shy about talking about some of the things she wanted to talk about, which also meant being honest about both of our troubled pasts, and that kind of vulnerability is important for me. She's even a bit shorter than me and works out regularly.

She ticked off all the boxes, and her British accent is a giant plus. Something about Asian chicks with British accents are hot.

But there is one red flag, possibly a big one: she's Christian. In fact one of the first things she asked me was if I go to church... To her credit, she didn't seem like one of those crazy overzealous Christians and seemed to be pretty cool with, and even impressed by, my ideas of spirituality. Still, it seems like the one big red flag to an other wise awesome girl. She's the type of girl I'd take home to meet my mom (and my mom will probably like her more because she's Christian). I am wondering if I should even proceed with someone with such a fundamental difference in how she views the world. She did mention in passing that she does prefer to meet men who are Christian so I wonder if I should even bother.

So, should I continue to pursue this girl?

TLDR:
1. It's been awhile since I've started one of my dating threads
2. Met this cute girl, British, smart, cool, has so many things I like about her.
3. But is Christian and being religious is a turn off for me
4. Should I pursue anyway?

Sound like a not-problem tbh

As long as she doesn't push you to do things you don't want to do then go for it.

You really like a girl but she believes in stuff...just give it a go until it doesn't work out like every single other relationship ever in life

I banged a British chick when I was living in china.

Hope that helps.

Back