Is this considered stalking?

I'd check the app too...

you know...

just to make sure the GPS tracking system is working...

because I don't want to have bought a lemon.

Well glad she has a sense of homor about it. Generally trust issues are dangerous in a relationship

your relationship is like your own personal farm and the seeds that grow are the seeds you plant and that means if you put something bad in there than it will grow as well.

If shes cool with you being that hardcore than I guess have at it but for others reading I would advise not going big brother on your sig other

i share a car with my wife and the thought to check its gps location never even occurred and its the insecurity and the unhealthy things that come with it that im trying to tell you to avoid. Downloading that shit onto other people tends to be one of the most toxic acts one can do in a relationship does that make sense ?

Life advice from a redneck stoner monk my friend :)
Well I never actually thought to track the truck. I was using my onstar & it just kinda hit me when I saw the location already on there. Like I said this isn't something I go out of my way for. And I hear what you're saying, but I don't think that applies here. I think what you're talking about would be more like if I intentionally placed a tracker on her phone or something.

Also I still don't get why it would matter if I look at the location of my truck that she is borrowing. Like I said before, I could care less if someone was tracking me. I literally have nothing to hide from anyone. I think pretty much anyone who is 100% innocent couldn't care less if their spouse knows their location. That could just be opinion though.

I'd check the app too...

you know...

just to make sure the GPS tracking system is working...

because I don't want to have bought a lemon.
Lol it works. It's onstar & their shit is expensive so it better work.

I can even lock the doors, honk the horn & start the truck from my phone within 324 miles.

she drove drunk, destroyed her car and then she was like "can i use your truck?" and you fucking said yes? god damn man, that is weak

Lmao poor judgment for all parties here

Lol we're raising a child together.

giphy.gif

I've been letting my girlfriend use my truck for the past few weeks because she wrecked her car when she was drunk. Now I know what you're thinking & no she will no not drink & drive my truck. Anyway my truck has onstar so I can always see the location of my truck from my phone. Periodically I check it just out of curiosity. She always tells me where she is anyway, but sometimes I still check to see if she's where she says she is. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to see if she's really where she says, but when it's as simple as just opening my onstar app, it's kind of hard not to.

So is that stalking? I'm guessing most people would do the same thing if it was that easy, whether they admit it or not.

If you had the set-up before it is not stalking. If you put it in when you loaned her the truck, own that you are a staker.

On a side note, you have pretty much wrecked the chances that this girl would now be a good marital decision for you. Time on a bicycle or bus reflecting on her stupidity is what this dumb chick needed, not a bail out. You have now taken on the role of savior- the person whose job it is to ensure she does not suffer the consequences of her actions. Once you take on this title, you can never return it. Which of course is great for her, but galactically shitty for you.

If you had the set-up before it is not stalking. If you put it in when you loaned her the truck, own that you are a staker.

On a side note, you have pretty much wrecked the chances that this girl would now be a good marital decision for you. Time on a bicycle or bus reflecting on her stupidity is what this dumb chick needed, not a bail out. You have now taken on the role of savior- the person whose job it is to ensure she does not suffer the consequences of her actions. Once you take on this title, you can never return it. Which of course is great for her, but galactically shitty for you.
It's the onstar app. Comes with GM vehicles. It was setup before I even drove my truck off the lot.

And you may have missed the part where I said we have a child together. It's my job to provide for my child & that means providing for the mother of my child. I guess my other options would be provide Uber's for them, fix her car or quit my job to be her taxi. I took the easiest route & let her use my truck since I have another truck.

It's the onstar app. Comes with GM vehicles. It was setup before I even drove my truck off the lot.

And you may have missed the part where I said we have a child together. It's my job to provide for my child & that means providing for the mother of my child. I guess my other options would be provide Uber's for them, fix her car or quit my job to be her taxi. I took the easiest route & let her use my truck since I have another truck.

Yeah, having a kid certainly complicates it somewhat.

But I still would not have bailed her out like you did. What lesson is she learning here? In fact, she is probably fucking loving life right now, because I'd wager your truck is a nicer ride than whatever she was driving. So she is practically better off right now for driving drunk. Way to go Lancelot.

I have been married for 12 years. And I have 2 kids. If my wife pulled this shit, I would just leave it to her to sort her shit out herself.

You literally took the problem off her shoulders (no fucking car because I am a lush, drove it drunk, and wrecked it) and put it on yours.

I presume other people work at this place the same shift as your GF does. She should have to be taking ubers and buses and bumming rides off people and imposing on colleagues and riding a 13 year old bicycle to the grocery store with a backpack. She should be doing all that shit. Because every time she has to do that shit, she would have to think about why she is having to do that shit.

some stalkers think tthat stalking is kind of a trade.

well, no, it's your car but the thing is, do you trust her? has she given you reason not to?

Yeah I hear ya. I was curious how many people would actually consider it stalking. And I guarantee every single person in this thread would do the exact same thing no matter how much they trust their gf. They just refuse to admit it.

Really? Well I think anyone would be foolish to trust a woman. I could make the argument that me checking the location of my truck has actually helped me gain trust. And like I've stated several times, I'm not going out of my way at all to track my truck. It's as simple as opening my onstar app

You're kinda confused. She's the mother of my child, I don't really have a choice. I have to help her by letting her use the truck.

And she wouldn't care at all if she knew I could see her location. She would laugh at me.

Wait I'm confused, what exactly are saying you're right about. Are you saying she will care that I check her location?

Brother, you asked if it was stalking, everyone said it’s stalking, now you’re arguing that it’s not, and that we would all do it too.

She can’t handle her booze and you can’t handle her. Just embrace the chaos.

Yeah, having a kid certainly complicates it somewhat.

But I still would not have bailed her out like you did. What lesson is she learning here? In fact, she is probably fucking loving life right now, because I'd wager your truck is a nicer ride than whatever she was driving. So she is practically better off right now for driving drunk. Way to go Lancelot.

I have been married for 12 years. And I have 2 kids. If my wife pulled this shit, I would just leave it to her to sort her shit out herself.

You literally took the problem off her shoulders (no fucking car because I am a lush, drove it drunk, and wrecked it) and put it on yours.

I presume other people work at this place the same shift as your GF does. She should have to be taking ubers and buses and bumming rides off people and imposing on colleagues and riding a 13 year old bicycle to the grocery store with a backpack. She should be doing all that shit. Because every time she has to do that shit, she would have to think about why she is having to do that shit.
Well it's not like she doesn't help me out too. She's always feeding me & she would do anything for me if I ask her. And my state was trying to force me to pay child support for my child that I'm already supporting lol. I actually had all of that taken care of, but had they actually gave her half of my money, she would've given it right back to me. Also her job pays for my daughters insurance which would cost me a boat load to pay out of pocket.

Basically she helps me out a lot too. I think she already learned her lesson about drinking & driving. She's getting her car fixed this weekend so then she won't even need my truck.

Brother, you asked if it was stalking, everyone said it’s stalking, now you’re arguing that it’s not, and that we would all do it too.

She can’t handle her booze and you can’t handle her. Just embrace the chaos.
Everyone didn't say it was stalking

You are though. Do you randomly check your Onstar when she doesn't have the car? Probably not. Which means you're doing something you otherwise wouldn't do for the sake of keeping tabs on her.

That's indicative of trust issues. Work them out.
There's nothing to work out. She demonstrated only a month ago that she's not a trustworthy person when she wrecked her car. He obviously still cares about her, but he should definitely keep a close eye on her and his property.

Well it's not like she doesn't help me out too. She's always feeding me & she would do anything for me if I ask her. And my state was trying to force me to pay child support for my child that I'm already supporting lol. I actually had all of that taken care of, but had they actually gave her half of my money, she would've given it right back to me. Also her job pays for my daughters insurance which would cost me a boat load to pay out of pocket.

Basically she helps me out a lot too. I think she already learned her lesson about drinking & driving. She's getting her car fixed this weekend so then she won't even need my truck.

Well Good luck with it all. I hope she learned her lesson.

I tend to get really salty about drunk drivers because I lost a college sweetheart and a couple good friends to them over the years. Just as easily as she drove her car in the ditch, she could have been in an accident that killed people. You guys were fortunate and crafty enough to avoid any legal consequences. Which I can't really fault you for. No one turns their baby Mama in for Dui. But the cavalier attitude you describe her having about drinking and driving prior to this, followed by her being coddled through this incident, really frustrates me.

What you're doing is "trust, but verify". A legit thing to do when you give your truck to a grease fire.

Well Good luck with it all. I hope she learned her lesson.

I tend to get really salty about drunk drivers because I lost a college sweetheart and a couple good friends to them over the years. Just as easily as she drove her car in the ditch, she could have been in an accident that killed people. You guys were fortunate and crafty enough to avoid any legal consequences. Which I can't really fault you for. No one turns their baby Mama in for Dui. But the cavalier attitude you describe her having about drinking and driving prior to this, followed by her being coddled through this incident, really frustrates me.
Well she does have have a bad habit of of trying to drive drunk, but I don't take it lightly. I've argued with her many times about this. I've kept her from driving drunk more times than I can count. I take drinking & driving very serious, I'm just not using this as an opportunity to teach her a lesson. I'd like to think she has already learned her lesson this time.

And sorry about your college sweetheart & your buddies. That must have been extremely depressing. I would be salty toward drunk driving too

You either trust someone or you dont are you looking for a reason to break up or you just cant control looking at it ?

Seems like a weird thing to do to me

It's a little weird that you'd even think to do that. Sounds like trust issues to me.

<PlusJuan>

these two.

can you stalk your own girlfriend? does stalking imply an unwelcome attention?

I wouldn't even think of doing it, whether it's easy or not.

Not stalking. A bit weird.

You'll be checking her messages next.

Back