Is this legal?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They tax the shit out of cigs here in Canada to try and get ppl to quit. A pack cost $16.75, Cartons are up to $135

If I go up to the Indian Reserve I can get a carton for $10(they can't tax it) Say I buy like $500 worth(50 cartons) come back to the city and sell them for $60 a carton(save ppl $75, make $50 profit per sale)

I'd make $2500 profit off of $500. Cigs are addictive so if I can get 15-25 customers that come at least twice a month, I'll be able to get rid of the 50 cartons each month and invest not much time into it.

Pretty much just have to drive to the Indian Reserve once a month and sit back and collect once I get my 15-25 customers. Ppl will probably start giving me their money up front to ensure they get them before they sell out.

I'll be nothing more than the middle man that collects the money, pockets the $50 profit per carton($2500 total) and then transports and delivers the goods.

30k a year and I only have to work 12 days...

If the cops pull me over the cigs are my personal year supply...

IS this legal?

never been to north america but my guess is yes. the government will find a way to get your profits.

You tryin to be the next Freddie Gray aintcha?

That's how Eric Gardner got himself killed in NY.

Lol yea it's illegal. You think you are some genius who found a loophole nobody ever knew existed?? You think there aren't a ton of people who already sell them in the black market?

Jeez you must be a kid.

P6L7Tyj.jpg

Lol yea it's illegal. You think you are some genius who found a loophole nobody ever knew existed?? You think there aren't a ton of people who already sell them in the black market?

Jeez you must be a kid.

okay, but explain how you can get caught? If you can't get caught, it's not illegal. If they can't stop you from transporting the cigs, how are they going to catch you?

Do you have your status card?

okay, but explain how you can get caught? If you can't get caught, it's not illegal. If they can't stop you from transporting the cigs, how are they going to catch you?

BTW, once of the stupidest things you can say to yourself is "If you can't get caught, it's not illegal."

Prison is filled with similar minded individuals.

I don't know Canada but I'd bet money that you need some kind of government license to sell cigarettes and other tobacco products.

Why not weed and get a bigger profit?? you seem to think nobody else is doing this or that buying a shit ton of cartons wont arouse suspicion. Go for it, kid. You will be rich.

That whole "its for my yearly personal supply" shit will go over well in court. Nobody ever thought of such a riveting defense.

BTW, once of the stupidest things you can say to yourself is "If you can't get caught, it's not illegal."

Prison is filled with similar minded individuals.

I don't know Canada but I'd bet money that you need some kind of government license to sell cigarettes and other tobacco products.

If they are giving me the money up front and I'm only giving them 2 cartons, how do you get caught?

there's one transaction of just money and another of just cigs. I can just say I was giving my buddy some smokes if they catch me giving them a carton.

No sale took place. I already had the money

Look we've got the Canadian Cigarette Scarface over here. An empire in the making

Why not weed and get a bigger profit?? you seem to think nobody else is doing this or that buying a shit ton of cartons wont arouse suspicion. Go for it, kid. You will be rich.

That whole "its for my yearly personal supply" shit will go over well in court. Nobody ever thought of such a riveting defense.

because weed is illegal to transport..If I could transport weed I would sell weed..

as long as I keep it to 50 cartons(year supply) they can't say shit.

because weed is illegal to transport..If I could transport weed I would sell weed..

as long as I keep it to 50 cartons(year supply) they can't say shit.

“On-reserve retailers (who have been authorized by the minister to buy allocation cigarettes) must sell allocation cigarettes to First Nations individuals only,” says the Ontario finance ministry on its web page.

“First Nations individuals must buy allocation cigarettes on reserve and only for their exclusive use. It is illegal to sell allocation cigarettes to non-First Nations individuals.”

are you even native to begin with?? lol. just buying them yourself is illegal if you arent.

If they are giving me the money up front and I'm only giving them 2 cartons, how do you get caught?

there's one transaction of just money and another of just cigs. I can just say I was giving my buddy some smokes if they catch me giving them a carton.

No sale took place. I already had the money

A sale takes place if your buddy is giving you money in exchange for a good or a service. It doesn't matter if you're making a profit or a loss on the transaction, it doesn't matter if you're a middleman. And if you're making a profit on the transaction then you are probably obligated to report it on your tax return and pay taxes on the profit.

Maybe you don't get caught immediately but you do this on a regular basis and you will get caught. I would also bet strongly that the Indian reservations that sell these cigarettes are regularly informed about the need to keep an eye for these types of scams.

I know you're feeling like a criminal mastermind but this is a decades old criminal venture and the governments are well versed in sniffing them out and prosecuting them. For example, in the U.S. people would try to run cigarettes across state lines where the cigarettes were cheaper in low tax states and then resell them in high tax states. They get caught, they go to jail.

Either take the advice you've been given in this thread or don't complain when you're facing jail time down the road.

Back