Is this legal?

I have a card and most places will let you buy them without a card

its illegal but yes many places will. i am telling you this is age old scam and you can and will get caught buying 50 cartons regularly. go for it if you dont believe. you seem to think you are the first person to think of "its my personal supply" and "im just giving them to my friend!!" defenses. Airtight stuff. High level thinking and best of luck. Not much more i can say.

I hereby sentence you to life in a "pound me in the ass" federal prison.

tWvj1cY.jpg

Dino Bravo got himself killed in a scheme like this in the early 90’s in Canadia so be careful up there.

They tax the shit out of cigs here in Canada to try and get ppl to quit. A pack cost $16.75, Cartons are up to $135

If I go up to the Indian Reserve I can get a carton for $10(they can't tax it) Say I buy like $500 worth(50 cartons) come back to the city and sell them for $60 a carton(save ppl $75, make $50 profit per sale)

I'd make $2500 profit off of $500. Cigs are addictive so if I can get 15-25 customers that come at least twice a month, I'll be able to get rid of the 50 cartons each month and invest not much time into it.

Pretty much just have to drive to the Indian Reserve once a month and sit back and collect once I get my 15-25 customers. Ppl will probably start giving me their money up front to ensure they get them before they sell out.

I'll be nothing more than the middle man that collects the money, pockets the $50 profit per carton($2500 total) and then transports and delivers the goods.

30k a year and I only have to work 12 days...

If the cops pull me over the cigs are my personal year supply...

IS this legal?

NO. Here in the states you have to have a tax stamp on the cigs you sell

They tax the shit out of cigs here in Canada to try and get ppl to quit. A pack cost $16.75, Cartons are up to $135

If I go up to the Indian Reserve I can get a carton for $10(they can't tax it) Say I buy like $500 worth(50 cartons) come back to the city and sell them for $60 a carton(save ppl $75, make $50 profit per sale)

I'd make $2500 profit off of $500. Cigs are addictive so if I can get 15-25 customers that come at least twice a month, I'll be able to get rid of the 50 cartons each month and invest not much time into it.

Pretty much just have to drive to the Indian Reserve once a month and sit back and collect once I get my 15-25 customers. Ppl will probably start giving me their money up front to ensure they get them before they sell out.

I'll be nothing more than the middle man that collects the money, pockets the $50 profit per carton($2500 total) and then transports and delivers the goods.

IS this legal?
It is definitely evil

okay, but explain how you can get caught? If you can't get caught, it's not illegal. If they can't stop you from transporting the cigs, how are they going to catch you?
then i guess murder and rape are also not illegal

I knew a guy who used to buy cartons at the state line (Virginia/North Carolina) where cigarettes were DIRT CHEAP. Like 30 dollars for a carton of Marlboros. He'd take them to New York and sell dozens of cartons to a dude for 60 bucks a carton. I assume the dude turned around and sold them.

Doubled his money and came home. Never got caught, but I think he quit doing it.

For the record, it's illegal.

Edit: When gas was cheaper, I used to drive to Richmond to buy a couple cartons of cigarettes. They were cheaper (by about a buck per pack) but the gas is too expensive to be worth it now.

If they are giving me the money up front and I'm only giving them 2 cartons, how do you get caught?

there's one transaction of just money and another of just cigs. I can just say I was giving my buddy some smokes if they catch me giving them a carton.

No sale took place. I already had the money

Replace a few words, and you sound just like a crack head.

It's illegal but like with selling drugs, find a consistent clientele, people you trust and slang that way.

You'll be fine. In America they'll kill a black dude over it but you should be good.

okay, but explain how you can get caught? If you can't get caught, it's not illegal. If they can't stop you from transporting the cigs, how are they going to catch you?

Are you serious?

If it's like the US yes it's illegal.

You get caught by not having the proper tax stamp on the bottom of the packs.

You sell to a uc or a snitch and go to jail.

The mob had a racket buying truck load in NC and taking them to NYC to sell.

IS this legal?

Have you realized yet that only works once? You know they will take your name and license plate number, right? When what happens when they pull you over again a couple of weeks later? Another year's supply?

Lol selling cigarettes in high tax areas purchased in different locations is like the most quintessential mob activity ever.

IS this legal?

I live near the border and there’s lots of Canadians that buy chew and bring it across the border to sell. I think they’re allowed 2 logs, 10 cans.
Our chew is half the price with double the amount in the can.

I knew a guy who used to buy cartons at the state line (Virginia/North Carolina) where cigarettes were DIRT CHEAP. Like 30 dollars for a carton of Marlboros. He'd take them to New York and sell dozens of cartons to a dude for 60 bucks a carton. I assume the dude turned around and sold them.

Doubled his money and came home. Never got caught, but I think he quit doing it.

For the record, it's illegal.

Edit: When gas was cheaper, I used to drive to Richmond to buy a couple cartons of cigarettes. They were cheaper (by about a buck per pack) but the gas is too expensive to be worth it now.
There’s a federal law now iirc that only allows you to purchase 20 cartons at a time. Shortly after 9/11 they caught a guy doing what you explained but the profit was going overseas to fund terrorism.

Back