Is this legal?

Capitalism only works if you're rich enough to keep other people from muscling in on the gig.

Have you realized yet that only works once? You know they will take your name and license plate number, right? When what happens when they pull you over again a couple of weeks later? Another year's supply?

Each time you get stopped you tell them it's a gift: You buy a year's supply of smokes for various family members on their birthdays. This gives you a virtually limitless number of excuses.

<seedat>

Why dont you try getting a real job?

Yet if his plan was to buy a run-down house for 40 grand, pay 20 grand for cosmetic repairs and then sell it for 90 you might call him smart, hard working and resourceful.

Yeah lol flip a $20k house? The only thing you can do with a $20k house is HUD.
And bitching about hypothetical price gouging in an area where an "overpriced" home is 90k? I just pulled a permit to do a bathroom and they valued it at 15k for 100 sqft even though I'm doing it myself.

Asking legal advice here, what could go wrong

15-25 regulars...?.lace the cigs with narcotics and you could be like the guy in blow

having 50 cartons would probably be a quantity that is considered "possession with intent to sell"

P6L7Tyj.jpg

Came to post this

30 second search.
In Canada, from abroad or between provinces,, you are allowed to bring in 5 units of tobacco for personal use, without paying import tax, mark-up tax and other fees. One unit=200 individual cigarettes, 200 gram of loose refined tobacco or 50 cigars.
Somehow, I think the profit-margin is slim.

One of the biggest problems facing most first world countries is how to care for an ever growing number of elderly people who are a massive burden to the economy.

Personally I think governments shouldn't tax smokes at all. If someone wants to knowingly shorten their lifespan so that they're unlikely to make it to retirement, the government should support them in that choice. One less old mouth to feed.

One of the biggest problems facing most first world countries is how to care for an ever growing number of elderly people who are a massive burden to the economy.

Personally I think governments shouldn't tax smokes at all. If someone wants to knowingly shorten their lifespan so that they're unlikely to make it to retirement, the government should support them in that choice. One less old mouth to feed.

What do you think the economic and health consequences of smoking are?

At least you're trying.

I hope you find the right hustle get that bag some day.

They tax the shit out of cigs here in Canada to try and get ppl to quit. A pack cost $16.75, Cartons are up to $135

If I go up to the Indian Reserve I can get a carton for $10(they can't tax it) Say I buy like $500 worth(50 cartons) come back to the city and sell them for $60 a carton(save ppl $75, make $50 profit per sale)

I'd make $2500 profit off of $500. Cigs are addictive so if I can get 15-25 customers that come at least twice a month, I'll be able to get rid of the 50 cartons each month and invest not much time into it.

Pretty much just have to drive to the Indian Reserve once a month and sit back and collect once I get my 15-25 customers. Ppl will probably start giving me their money up front to ensure they get them before they sell out.

I'll be nothing more than the middle man that collects the money, pockets the $50 profit per carton($2500 total) and then transports and delivers the goods.

30k a year and I only have to work 12 days...

If the cops pull me over the cigs are my personal year supply...

IS this legal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Bravo

Murder[edit]
On March 10, 1993, Bresciano was found shot dead.[1] He was 44 years old. He was hit by 17 bullets, 7 to the head and 10 to the torso, while watching hockey in his Vimont, Laval, Quebec home. His alleged role in illegal cigarette smuggling in Canada is popularly believed to have led to his unsolved murder.[9] Colleague Rick Martel has said that because of Bresciano's notoriety from being a popular professional wrestler, he was able to attract many customers (particularly natives), thus crossing the Mafia.[10] According to former opponent Bret Hart, Bresciano confided to friends shortly before his death that he knew his days were numbered.[11] He was a nephew by marriage of Montreal crime boss Vic Cotroni, and was believed by authorities to be involved in his organization for some time.[12] Bresciano's remains are in a mausoleum at Notre Dame des Neiges Cemetery in Montreal, Quebec.[13]

Dead people don't need to be cared for

Dying people need a lot.

Economic Costs Associated With Smoking
Cost of Smoking-Related Illness
  • Smoking-related illness in the United States costs more than $300 billion each year, including:
    • Nearly $170 billion for direct medical care for adults
    • More than $156 billion in lost productivity, including $5.6 billion in lost productivity due to secondhand smoke exposure
Effects of Increased Prices
Increasing the price of tobacco products is the single most effective way to reduce consumption.

• A 10% increase in price has been estimated to reduce overall cigarette consumption by 3–5%.
  • Research on cigarette consumption suggests that both youth and young adults are two to three times more likely to respond to increases in price than adults.

Back