Is this Muay Thai gym legit?

It doesn't look too bad, seems they're focused on making it more of a fight gym than hobbyist.

Looks like they've sent a couple of guys to compete at TBA

My issue is the space and lack of a ring, other than that you'd have to go in person to see. There's no way to evaluate from here outside of that. $100 a month is great

Seems cool. The schedule would be a problem for me but other than that I think they are worth checking out.

It seeme legit, you might want to go their first. It's weird how they want you to pay $100 in cash instead of card.

It seeme legit, you might want to go their first. It's weird how they want you to pay $100 in cash instead of card.
No a lot of smaller gyms don’t accept card. My gym only does cash or check

looks good, so much to say i wish i had a gym like that locally. as long as theres no white lies in their marketing, a coach with 20 yrs exp, 50 fights, looks good. id check them out for sure.

My only concern is the lack of a ring... For competition i find it important to know how to move in that space, how to deal with been on the ropes, or corner...

It doesn't look too bad, seems they're focused on making it more of a fight gym than hobbyist.

Looks like they've sent a couple of guys to compete at TBA

My issue is the space and lack of a ring, other than that you'd have to go in person to see. There's no way to evaluate from here outside of that. $100 a month is great

Space is a huge problem in my TKD gym. There is no way to practise footwork, so you basically get cornered and slug it out. I want to train footwork and there's no room for it because we all spar at once. We have a lot of hands only sparring.

Another problem is that you don't want to drop your partner just to get out of there, but some are just meatheads who keeps pushing forward like a bull.

Space is a huge problem in my TKD gym. There is no way to practise footwork, so you basically get cornered and slug it out. I want to train footwork and there's no room for it because we all spar at once. We have a lot of hands only sparring.

Another problem is that you don't want to drop your partner just to get out of there, but some are just meatheads who keeps pushing forward like a bull.
Well my jujitsu gym is in a similar situation when it comes to space, so I'm used to it already. I actually prefer clinching up anyway. Plus my footwork is shit in the first place. I really oughta find a place to teach me to teach me boxing(best footwork around) eventually though. :/

My only concern is the lack of a ring... For competition i find it important to know how to move in that space, how to deal with been on the ropes, or corner...

i agree its pretty lame not having a ring to train in, thats how it was at the gym that i left

Really? I thought you would've done it a day or two after the thread was made
No I've been nursing my PCS. But seeing as I went back to my old gym and have a headache from sparring on the first day back, even if I can't spar I want to find somewhere to teach me some better defense. I get hit in the head to much :(

No I've been nursing my PCS. But seeing as I went back to my old gym and have a headache from sparring on the first day back, even if I can't spar I want to find somewhere to teach me some better defense. I get hit in the head to much :(
then block more, move off the line on your strikes, or stop banging with gym heros. @dudeguyman thinking he's @Sano

then block more, move off the line on your strikes, or stop banging with gym heros. @dudeguyman thinking he's @Sano

That actually should be second nature to get off the center line. If you don't get off the center line then your going to get knocked out or just get tagged up for fun lol.

That actually should be second nature to get off the center line. If you don't get off the center line then your going to get knocked out or just get tagged up for fun lol.
Some places don't teach it surprisingly, when I started out that was my case, then I thought about it, tried it out, and I was able to hang with taller opponents, got more in-depth about it when I eventually became a main training partner to a semi-pro guy

Back