Is this Muay Thai school a McDojo?

Thanks man. I thought that was Brazil. Like a guy said before, the gyms that are any good in the US are priced over $100 a month.
i have some relatives that live in virginia,by what they told before the state is more know to be a good and calm place to have a smooth family life and these things.

theres a good quantity of martial arts gyms on the state?

i have some relatives that live in virginia,by what they told before the state is more know to be a good and calm place to have a smooth family life and these things.

theres a good quantity of martial arts gyms on the state?
Maybe but I also live in a small city. Yeah, it’s pretty good with other things just not Muay Thai apparently.

i was really expecting mcdojo but they didnt seem to bad. Not like training in thailand of course but seemed pretty typical of an american style gym that is not a mcdojo, or maybe a mcdojo with a small competetion team hybrid. The pricing is very standard for gyms in LA and OC of california, for Virginia I am going to guess thats very pricey.

Im on the east coast and the average kickboxing / muay thai gym is at least 100 / month. A lot of them are 120 + if you're closer to boston and / or getting unlimited classes.

Gyms are becoming that price mainly because where the gym is rent probably exspensive asf. My gym used to be 75$ a month. Now 130$ a month

Not trying to sound like a baller or anything but $130-140 a month sounds more than reasonable to learn an actual skill set and getting to spend X amount of hours/days each month being preoccupied doing something productive. Assuming the trainer(s)/gym is legit and that’s what you wanna do.

Wow, looking at these prices... Really expensive!

Glad that I live in the Netherlands. I pay 35$/month for unlimited training.
But in all fairness.. that’s cheap for Dutch standards.
I don’t train at one of the famous Dutch gyms but a smaller mid level gym.
However, more important, my sparring partners are A- level and fight/fought all over the world against big names.

No but it’s the only MT gym for 40 miles.
I guess it's supply and demand, hope you'll enjoy the classes. For me it seems ridiculous, I pay 30 euros a month and have world class fighters in my gym. But then again there are about 15 gyms in 25 miles.

Price seems normal for north american prices, given that its unlimited training and not a 2 day a week arrangement. I'm assuming its including tax, if not, then okay it might be etching up there.

MT gyms have been charging MMA/BJJ rates over here for awhile now

Last edited:
I guess it's supply and demand, hope you'll enjoy the classes. For me it seems ridiculous, I pay 30 euros a month and have world class fighters in my gym. But then again there are about 15 gyms in 25 miles.

And the list you get to choose from is amazing. Americas is shit.

One of our supposed best striking coaches in the states , Henri hooft, is really just a poor dutch mans pad holder to people in Holland

Price seems normal for north american prices, given that its unlimited training and not a 2 day a week arrangement. I'm assuming its including tax, if not, then okay it might be etching up there.

MT gyms have been charging MMA/BJJ rates over here for awhile now

See our gym used to be 75$ a month, but once mark beecher came to Houston and offered muay thai and bjj, we had to go up cause he charges 150$ plus the spot my gym is at is downtown( which is exspensive as fuck)

See our gym used to be 75$ a month, but once mark beecher came to Houston and offered muay thai and bjj, we had to go up cause he charges 150$ plus the spot my gym is at is downtown( which is exspensive as fuck)
Damn affiliations jack things up

You train at Revolution Dojo? Solid camp though

Damn affiliations jack things up

You train at Revolution Dojo? Solid camp though

Nah im at Houston muay thai. I used to train at the revolution in Katy but i moved and now it's over an hour drive. He has another downtown but he is only there like 1 or 2 days a week. I miss training with beecher. He knows the style im used to and doesn't try to change me

And the list you get to choose from is amazing. Americas is shit.

One of our supposed best striking coaches in the states , Henri hooft, is really just a poor dutch mans pad holder to people in Holland
Haha it's a bit exagerated, he's not the best but he's also not so bad. He did well for himself, earning good money now. And he's from my town so that's always a plus ;)

Haha it's a bit exagerated, he's not the best but he's also not so bad. He did well for himself, earning good money now. And he's from my town so that's always a plus ;)

I think alot of them could if they marketed right. I think roberto flamingo is way better than hooft as a coach. You need to know how to market though

Trained in Aus and was 25 dollars a week direct debit

Everyone complaining about price lives in 3rd world countries

Gym looks good to me

Back