Is This Ok With You

Kids here are probably getting CTE from playing football.

To be honest from what I've heard, in Thailand for poorer kids this is their only realistic chance at earning money and staying out of the streets.

On a serious note, if they were wearing shin guards and head guards I’d be ok with it. Too young to start concussions.

They going hard and cracking each other with bows and knees. I dont know but they seem to be a little young for full contact like that.

was this thread posted by Riff Raff

They going hard and cracking each other with bows and knees. I dont know but they seem to be a little young for full contact like that.

Thats pretty hectic for a 6 year old.

But obviously.

SyChQfM.gif

Makes me sick.
For crying out loud, it gave me a really sniffly head cold for out loud crying
<mma1>

Judging other cultures much older than ours but less modernized is weird.

Especially when these people are disgusting ableists

This is the same forum that bemoans the supposed death of traditional masculinity and claims a male who doesn't grow up fighting isn't really a man. This is the forum where guys boastfully share their street and playground fight stories. Then yall get your panties in a bunch over two kids who are actually trained, fighting in a controlled, supervised environment. I get that people tend to react when they see something that looks brutal but this isn't going to lead to anymore brain damage than PE football or amateur boxing with headgear, and most of you are fine with that.

Most of us are fine with little kids boxing? I think you'd be surprised. I think there's more than a small line between knowing how to defend yourself as a grown man, and full contact fighting as a little kid.

I'm not sure how I feel. I'm pretty outspoken about kids playing football, but this seems ok to me for some reason. It's definitely a different culture with a far different environment. I can't help but think this really damages the longevity of their fighting lives though, you can only take so much damage and you know they're training just as hard.

On a serious note, if they were wearing shin guards and head guards I’d be ok with it. Too young to start concussions.

A lot of research has demonstrated that headgear does nothing to prevent concussions. And some research shows that the extra weight on your head leads to more dramatic start and stops when you get hit, which actually increases concussions.

All they really do is prevent external cuts and bruises.

Why should I care? I'm not OK with it or not. Let people take care of their own stuff, jesus.

If the kid wants to participate, I’m ok with it.

I'm pretty uncomfortable with the fact they could both probably legit kick my ass
I was just thinking about setting up having one of these kids fight the two guys in the thread about the Trump supporter vs the Trump basher. I'm pretty sure either of these kids would kick the crap out of both of them and the Trump supporter's annoying girlfriend.

Back