is this richard perez?

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

at 1 minute in holding mitts for colby? if so now i know why his hands have gotten better each fight

and he still basically sucks.

guess u didnt see the rda fight man if hes gotten that good in that short of time with his hands imagine what kinda beast perez is gonna make him soon guys got talent for days and is a tiny 170 walks around 185 light weights are larger than him that i know

guess u didnt see the rda fight man if hes gotten that good in that short of time with his hands imagine what kinda beast perez is gonna make him soon guys got talent for days and is a tiny 170 walks around 185 light weights are larger than him that i know

RDA rocked him 4x, and had to wait until RDA was tired to get him with those strikes (nothing wrong with waiting until your opponent is tired though), if RDA has a rematch with Colby then he will prepare better and knock Colby out in the second fight.

Anybody who says that Colby has better striking really doesn't know what they're talking about. Colby got rocked easily by RDA.

i doubt it colby has very good hands for a wrestler wrestlers n bjj guys have the hardest time developing good crisp punches colbys doing pretty well u have to also understand when trying to set up punches to take someone down u cant fully show off your striking your trying to be super safe to then get your moment so u cant always take advantage of certain parts of the fight i do rda is the better striker obviously but colby did very well against him

Colby fights like it's still 2006

Glad it's working for him but if he ever stops being the fresh young newb it's going to cost him badly

Colby fights like it's still 2006

Glad it's working for him but if he ever stops being the fresh young newb it's going to cost him badly

how so? tbh i think he did a great job of showing how grappler shave to be in mma keeping that forward pressure without over extending leaving himself completely open ect

2006 wrestlers only threw a overhand right to get in to get there takedown or try to shoot under a 1 2 punch

how so? tbh i think he did a great job of showing how grappler shave to be in mma keeping that forward pressure without over extending leaving himself completely open ect

2006 wrestlers only threw a overhand right to get in to get there takedown or try to shoot under a 1 2 punch

That's basically what Colby did in that fight, the first round he threw RDA off, and went for a flurry and then went for a takedown and later in the rounds he went for a 1-2 then rda went towards the cage, so yes Colby does fight like a 2006 wrestler in mma

That's basically what Colby did in that fight, the first round he threw RDA off, and went for a flurry and then went for a takedown and later in the rounds he went for a 1-2 then rda went towards the cage, so yes Colby does fight like a 2006 wrestler in mma

if he does then hed not be where he is today cause 2006 mam wrestlers would not even be in ufc at this point lol no offense but you must not train at mma gyms at a high level to say such a thing

and let snot pretend like rdas some methodical technical striker himself

if he does then hed not be where he is today cause 2006 mam wrestlers would not even be in ufc at this point lol no offense but you must not train at mma gyms at a high level to say such a thing

and let snot pretend like rdas some methodical technical striker himself

Your saying that he has to fight in a specific way to be in the ufc? That's true to an extent, but you can fight like an old school mma fighter and be in the ufc. It's called adapting to the new enviroment. And no I did not train in an mma gym at a high level, but when I was training that was the takedown set ups that the instructors would teach us even if we weren't wrestlers.

Colby fighting like that is enough to be in the ufc, because he adapted it to the new generation. If he didn't he would've lost against RDA, and RDA is a pressure fighter who also can be technical so yes he is methodical technical striker.

Your saying that he has to fight in a specific way to be in the ufc? That's true to an extent, but you can fight like an old school mma fighter and be in the ufc. It's called adapting to the new enviroment. And no I did not train in an mma gym at a high level, but when I was training that was the takedown set ups that the instructors would teach us even if we weren't wrestlers.

Colby fighting like that is enough to be in the ufc, because he adapted it to the new generation. If he didn't he would've lost against RDA, and RDA is a pressure fighter who also can be technical so yes he is methodical technical striker.

u need to go to a good gym to really understand whats going on trust me as an early pro i thought i had the game figured out till i went to a top gym and realized how much i really had to learn at a good level colbys very good only thing i dislike is how he drops to his knees against he fence to get his takedowns at times giving up space could be very bad for him if someone catches on and is waiting to counter that

u need to go to a good gym to really understand whats going on trust me as an early pro i thought i had the game figured out till i went to a top gym and realized how much i really had to learn at a good level colbys very good only thing i dislike is how he drops to his knees against he fence to get his takedowns at times giving up space could be very bad for him if someone catches on and is waiting to counter that

What do you mean an early pro? First off Colby uses old school tactics. It don't really matter how you fight as long as you get the job done that's what the ufc looks for. And old school tactics still work, look at some of the boxers who use old school tactics.

What do you mean an early pro? First off Colby uses old school tactics. It don't really matter how you fight as long as you get the job done that's what the ufc looks for. And old school tactics still work, look at some of the boxers who use old school tactics.
yoou are wrong u dont understand wrestling for mma wrestlers n 2006 were stiff as a baseball glove colby is alot looser and confident throwing he does better than khabib thats the only guy u could use as an example

yoou are wrong u dont understand wrestling for mma wrestlers n 2006 were stiff as a baseball glove colby is alot looser and confident throwing he does better than khabib thats the only guy u could use as an example

Ok so just because hes looser means he doesn't use old school mma tactics? By your description of mma wrestlers from 2006, that's exactly how Colby was setting up his takedowns. And the newer generation some of them use the clinch entry to take people down. Or use double underhooks, or just use a double leg from a kick thrown. You are the one not understanding. I'm saying that Colby is new school and uses old school tactics that he adapted to the new generation, it's like he needed some adjustments, and at some points during the RDA fight he threw jabs and 1-2's to get into the double leg and get RDA on the fence. It doesn't matter wether hes loose or not (all though being loose does help with striking) his striking is below average compared to people in his division.

Back