Is this Stipe after losing to JDS?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Something changed him and he turned out to be the one!
orig

Good luck DC!

Hit the gym… improved and now is at the top.

Lucky punch by JDS in their first fight and it was still close.
Stipe proved to be the better man in their rematch

Lucky punch by JDS
... He perfectly ducks under one punch, side steps another strike, and counters on the way out.
JDS' technique is flawless in that gif

JDS lost the 2nd bout because he doesn't have the chin Stipe does (anymore)

Lol at lucky JDS used superb head movement and and beautiful counter. Stipe walked right into it.

... He perfectly ducks under one punch, side steps another strike, and counters on the way out.

No he lost because he got overwhelmed with punches

Stipe was still improving and JDS was beginning to decline

The real question is..... Who wins in.....

PRIME VS. PRIME?????

You're an idiot. JDS won 49-46.
He had already declined the first time they fought from the beatings from Cain. Second time they fought he'd declined even further

That first fight between Stipe & JDS was a fucking war.

Both dudes shed some serious blood that night.

I didn’t think Stipe could come back from that loss, he got broke in the 5th, which made me think he didn’t have the mind for it. He’s got a lot of heart and turned it on

Stipe has pointed out before how vitally important both his losses were to his career. To (slightly) paraphrase what he said: the loss to Struve reminded him he was mortal, the loss to JDS reassured him he was elite.

The first was a prospect loss, a needed check. It's all too easy for a young fighter who has been bowling over the competition to assume it'll just continue that way, no worries. Losing to Struve was a brisk slap in the face that woke him up and focused him.

But if the first was a warning, the second was a tantalizing glimpse. It proved he could hang with the best; it seemed to promise that with a little more tinkering, he could BE the best. In that it was even better for him than if he'd won, because it spurred him harder to concentrate on working and improving himself.

I would say he lost because he kept on backing up against the fence, without perfect ducks and sidesteps that time.

Stipe was probably indeed improved, was pressuring in much smater way.

No he lost because he got overwhelmed with punches

I was there. I had JDS, my sons both had Stipe. I felt JDS had already hurt the lead leg badly, and things were going my way. Worth noting. DC called that fight, and he also noticed the limp.

Back