Is TJ Dillashaw misunderstood or is he an actual dick?

Why do people not like this guy?
Because he's a piece of shit that attacks his training partners with cheapshots when he's frustrated or losing. /endthread.
I don't think he has any lower character than most other fighters.
Most other fighters don't regularly cheap shot their own training partners. So yeah it's lower.

The video of him cheapshotting his sparring partner completely erased any sympathy I had for him after TAM's "bullying" on TUF. He basically confirmed all the shit Faber and Cody were saying about him all along.

This 100%.

I was actually on his side with the TAM stuff, as any sane person should be, all he did was switch gyms like many pro fighters do over the course of their careers. Tam were being big babies about it.

But the sparring footage and cheapshots really do show there’s something wrong with the guy, complete prick basically.

He is one of the best fighters in the sport though.

Wrong

https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/...me-has-kept-chris-holdsworth-out-for-nearly-a

Chris got his first concussion prior to his TUF finale fight but kept training anyway and fought anyway. Then in his very next training camp he got another concussion in wrestling practice with someone and continued to train and spare Then he fought Camus and said he was having some serious concussion issues. Then he had the TJ Dillashaw issue.

TJ didn't end his career. Chris & his trainers decision to have him continue to train, spar, and fight after two seperate concussions then having him train and spare again ended his career.

So fuck TAM for trying to put this on TJ when they had him sparring and fighting despite showing lots of post concussion symptoms before he ever had the incident with TJ.

If Chris Holdsworth's career is over,that's because of Team Alpha Male
Except Dillashaw gave Holdsworth a concussion prior to his stint on TUF, which corresponds with when the article says he got his first concussion. Additionally, he didn't start feeling symptoms until the training camp for the Camus fight, didn't want to pull out, and hasn't fought since that fight.

Last week, Dillashaw addressed allegations made by Garbrandt that he injured Holdsworth with a cheap shot during a TAM training session prior to Holdsworth’s successful run on The Ultimate Fighter 18.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...h-breaks-silence-about-t-j-dillashaw-incident

He comes off pretty well, and I really like him as a fighter. I admire his drive and his will to keep learning and improving. That said, he's obviously a huge dick.

Too many stories and clips around proving he's the ultimate douche who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. Sucker punching sparring partners, it can happen in the heat of the moment, but if it's a regular thing it's something inherent.

Competitive little manlet

I love his fighting style though
This, if you’ve ever worked around professionals who are at the top of the food chain you’ll find some of them are insufferable because they are competitive at everything.

In the video, the bell is loud and clear, and both punches were thrown long after.
D9ZKzK.gif

He also ended Chris Holdsworth's career; they were training partners, Holdsworth shot in for a double, ended up on all fours, and Dillashaw kneed him on the top of the head. The resulting concussion forced him to retire.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...h-breaks-silence-about-t-j-dillashaw-incident

There's also these gems:
UFC+bole.jpg

tumblr_n6261q1A8V1ry1rm7o2_r2_250.gif
giphy.gif

I think it was just a matter of time until Holdsworth was forced to retire. You can read about it. Holdsworth even said he’d already suffered a few concussions though out his career before TJ kneed him.

And that shit in the airport was probably Bucholz’ idea ffs.

I think you guys might be forgetting that TJ's wedding was shortly after his title winning victory over Barao, and it's likely he only took 1-2 pictures with his belt, the rest without. That being said, yeah I think the guy is a total dick.

This, if you’ve ever worked around professionals who are at the top of the food chain you’ll find some of them are insufferable because they are competitive at everything.

Oh yes

It's a disability because they can't enjoy life

First impressions stick and the MMA's first impression of TJ was on TUF where he demanded easy matchups to help him get to the finals with minimal difficulty because he was in his words "clearly the best guy on the show". He then got KO'd by Dodson

I like TJ though, his fighting style is too awesome not to like imo. He's also way less of a tool these days although naturally growing up and maturing combined with leaving the TAM frat house will do that to a person

Except Dillashaw gave Holdsworth a concussion prior to his stint on TUF, which corresponds with when the article says he got his first concussion. Additionally, he didn't start feeling symptoms until the training camp for the Camus fight, didn't want to pull out, and hasn't fought since that fight.
''Holdsworth's first concussion came before the TUF 18 Finale in November 2013. It wasn't that serious, so Holdsworth fought Davey Grant anyway and beat him by second-round submission. The undefeated prospect felt fine afterward and was riding high off winning the show. So, of course, he agreed to face Chico Camus at UFC 173 last May without much of a thought.''

''Holdsworth's first concussion came before the TUF 18 Finale in November 2013. It wasn't that serious, so Holdsworth fought Davey Grant anyway and beat him by second-round submission. The undefeated prospect felt fine afterward and was riding high off winning the show. So, of course, he agreed to face Chico Camus at UFC 173 last May without much of a thought.''
If you had read the article I cited, you would've seen that Holdsworth said it was his first concussion:

"But after that practice, I was concussed, and that was my first concussion."

Last edited:
I think it was just a matter of time until Holdsworth was forced to retire. You can read about it. Holdsworth even said he’d already suffered a few concussions though out his career before TJ kneed him.

And that shit in the airport was probably Bucholz’ idea ffs.
"But after that practice, I was concussed, and that was my first concussion." - Chris Holdsworth, saying that Dillashaw gave him his first concussion.

Holdsworth also said:
"I was always up for the fight, but there was multiple occasions where T.J. got a little bit too aggressive, he went overboard in training. He’s kneeing you while we’re boxing. He’s throwing elbows while we’re doing jiu-jitsu."

Added with the gif I posted of Dillashaw throwing two punches, after the bell, against a training partner, and I don't understand how you can just gloss over that behavior. But then again, your avatar is pretty self-explanatory.

If you had read the article I cited, you would've seen that Holdsworth said it was his first concussion:

"But after that practice, I was concussed, and that was my first concussion."
So he had a few concussions after that? TJ wasn't the one who ended his career then.Also i don't think it was intentional

I support the guy.

He's a fucking dick

WHat kind of asshole wears their belt on their wedding day smfh

8bacb9a21cd543aa8a2d21e48f678d78--tie-knots-mma-ufc.jpg

That’s his wife’s fault, she should’ve told him to leave it at home. If she does that on their wedding pictures, it means she is just a pathetic wag and she’s only around because he’s a fighter.

So he had a few concussions after that? TJ wasn't the one who ended his career then.Also i don't think it was intentional
Concussions are easier to get if you've gotten one already. And Holdsworth already cited how Dillashaw would "[knee] you while...boxing" and "[throw] elbows while...doing jiu-jitsu." Dillashaw also threw two late punches in the above gifs long after the bells which support the narrative that Dillashaw is a dirty training partner.

Concussions are easier to get if you've gotten one already. And Holdsworth already cited how Dillashaw would "[knee] you while...boxing" and "[throw] elbows while...doing jiu-jitsu." Dillashaw also threw two late punches in the above gifs long after the bells which support the narrative that Dillashaw is a dirty training partner.
He already admitted he has an anger issues.At least he is honest about it so i can respect that.He is still a dick tho.

Dillashaw also threw two late punches in the above gifs long after the bells which support the narrative that Dillashaw is a dirty training partner.
One

He is one of my least favorite MMA fighters, and I seriously don't like talking about any fighter like that...

Anyone who enjoys hurting their training partners, cheap shotting them and then acting like it's all okay is just a detestable person, straight up...

Multiple members from Team Alpha Male talked about how brutal and underhanded a training partner Dillashaw was LONG before he left the team. Everybody who was a regular training partner of TJ's basically admits it.

There's no reason why Faber and Garbrandt would repeatedly talk about how Chris Holdsworth had his career ended by a Dillashaw cheap shot unless it happened...Talking about how you personally don't like someone is one thing, but an accusation like that should not be taken lightly at all- especially when the individual has a history of that behavior.

That video of him cheap shotting Takeru a good 2-3 seconds after the bell confirms it...

Cody might be a hot head but at least he doesn't try to damage and cheap shot the people that put their health on the line to help him.

yes TJ has always had that reputation at alphamale

funny thing is takeru said after the spar he was kind of happy that he made TJ go all out serious at the end
because takeru was only going 50% on him from beginning to end.. humble, all smiles

takeru is K-1 champ, 34-1 with 20 KOs, (28-0 in his lat 28) beating european champs, thais..
i don't think there is any question who would rip who if they were going 100%

Back