Is TJ over Cejudo almost a lock?

He's never made the weight as a professional fighter and he's going to be a few weeks shy of 33 when the fight happens. Even if Cejudo wasn't a genuinely elite fighter, Dillashaw wouldn't be a lock.

No , tj chin is already suspect . I expect for Henry to win and then the rematch is at 135 pissing a ton of Batam weights off . Less water in the brain , he’s getting dropped

Only Olympic gold medalist to ever win a UFC title. People just don't like flyweights and that's really a shame. I love the division. Always have.
I love it too. If it's truly gone for good, at least Deiveson Figueirdo vs JoeB is a good going away gift for us.

everyone is going to understand why DJ was so adamant about ducking TJ

Cejudo is the lock, better striking and better wrestling

You never know. I remember when Sera upset GSP and right when I was ready to forget that Bisping upset Rockhold on short notice... You just never know for certain.

Uhhhhhhhhh cejudo is a ****** Olympian. Serra was a mcdojo bar brawler.

I think TJ takes jim but you never kno msn lol crazier things have happened

He's never made the weight as a professional fighter and he's going to be a few weeks shy of 33 when the fight happens. Even if Cejudo wasn't a genuinely elite fighter, Dillashaw wouldn't be a lock.

I wouldn't be surprised if TJ has a lot more trouble with the cut than he and everybody else is expecting.

The Roufusport crew used to brag about how little weight Pettis cuts to make 155 and said that he'd have no problem fighting at FW. Pettis didn't even last three fights in that division before being forced to go back to 155.

Even DJ had a rough initial cut to 125 when he fought McCall the first time.

It's absolutely not a lock.

Cejudos wrestling is a real threat.

I think people really, really don't know what a lock is in MMA. But as a pointer, whenever there are changing circumstances between a fighters previous fight and this one, it's never a lock in their favour. A fighter recovering from injury, moving weightclasses, having a long layoff is never guaranteed to perform the way you expect them to.

Additionally, we have no useful data of common opponents between TJ and Cejudo so we really have no idea just how they match up. TJ is likely the favourite, being a bigger guy with great TDD, but that doesn't guarantee that he can't be taken down and controlled with a harsh weight cut hampering him.

It would be closer to being a lock if the fight happened at 135.
We dont know how TJ's going to perform at flyweight. There is a risk that he gases out early, since he is going to carry a lot of muscle at that weight. If he does, he's going to get wrestled.

A lock, no. Cejudo is too good for anyone to be a lock over him and the fight is also at flyweight and we don't know how TJ performs there.

I do think TJ is a big favorite in this, but Cejudo is game.

Cejudo is being slept on here, he has a real chance imo. If this fight were at BW i might give TJ a bigger edge, but he is cutting to 125 for the first time and facing one of the best grapplers in the entire UFC. Oh by the way, his striking is dramatically improving every fight and he is only the slightly smaller man.

This could go either way, I think TJ probably still takes it but won't be surprised if he is upset.

Unless TJ has some major problems due to the weight cut, I don't see how he loses this fight. Cejudo does not pack power (not that any flyweight does) and TJ moves too much and too well to allow Cejudo to pressure him against the cage, and I don't think he can get TJ down son and early enough to get three rounds, so yeah, except for a horrendous weight cut that leaves TJ as a walking corpse, I don't see how he could lose this fight.

Back