Is Tom Cruise The Biggest Movie Star of All Time?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not asking whether he's the best actor or not, that's largely subjective - But is he objectively the most significant and most successful movie star in history? When you combine his tremendous box office success with his sheer longevity, I think he could be. What do you think?

Significant, no
Successful, maybe

That's a really strong argument.... you're asking people to make for you.

He cant touch Otm Shank

Fixed

hqdefault.jpg

Where is that Dislike button at when I need it.

He's definitely one of them. But what metric do we use to define "big"?

Fuck Tom Cruise. All he does is play the asshole who wins in the end. Which is most guys dream. Be a fucking asshole, yet still somehow the hero. He’s shit, his movies are shit.

What do you think?

Tom Cruise lost all respect after joining the 'scientology' church, his crappy appearance on the Oprah show, and claiming that his experience in making war movies is just like if he had been a soldier in Iraq. What a fucking looser. Who spends millions on a 'quack' church. You can add Travolta to that list. How can rich and famous people be so stupid? Only thing in his favor is that he married some great looking women. But still an 'A' list idiot.

So far many people have come in here with an emphatic NO but provide no support or alternative.

Not saying I agree with Tom Cruise selection but to say he’s not in the top running is ludicrous. I’d also put in Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Brad Pitt. But most of those guys fade in and out while Tom is putting out box office hits every 2-3 years.

Back