Is Tony as much of a challenge to Conor as a 185 pound Nate diaz?

Nate was injured that camp. Nate shredded at 55 would be a bigger threat than 170 Nate whom has lost every WW bout except against Conor.
That said I think Tony has a lot of defense work to do for this one. I will be rooting for El Cucuy
Doubt It. I think Nate at 170 was the best we've ever seen him. He's spoken openly about how draining his cuts can be to 155, having to eat nothing but plants for months and how they can be pretty 50/50 In terms of how he feels on fight night. Although, there's something to be said for Nate entering Into his prime as well..so there's that.

It's up for debate though. I certainly don't see him having anywhere near as much success at 155, 15 pounds or whatever It was Isn't a joke. You definitely feel It in there. Especially when It comes to conditioning.

Last edited:
there is no evidence that nate is 185lbs and he has not fought in that weight class in the UFC. Nate is an average sized welterweight and a large lw. Conor doesn't need this, he is a beast and beat nate, he should move on to other things.
Well, he wasn't a middleweight If that's what you're saying. Rather a welterweight who cuts weight. I would say 185 pounds on fight night Is fairly accurate though. He certainly has the frame for It, It would be silly to not expect him to fill out a bit relative to his LW fights. Him and Nick basically have the exact same frame

This is Nick Diaz against GSP, he said he went Into that fight at 179 pounds.

f14aa06fd5a459819c724f4892ca8fa3.jpg
121_georges_st-pierre_vs_nick_diaz.0.jpg
mma_ufc158_Diaz_GSP.jpg

GSP-v.-Nick-Diaz-photographed-by-Eric-Bolte-USA-Today-Sports.jpg

No, Nate's a bigger challenge at 155 or 170.

Lol keep trying to convince yourself. Do you know that Nate is 19-11 in mma? That is an atrocious record. Tony is 23-3 with better far better wins on resume on top of that. Nate got whooped senseless by Josh Thompson. Tony beat him with ease. Toney beat RDA, Nate lost badly to him. Nate is so overrated here on sherdog. Its like they confuses Nate with his bigger, much better brother. Bunch of idiots.

Lol keep trying to convince yourself. Do you know that Nate is 19-11 in mma? That is an atrocious record. Tony is 23-3 with better far better wins on resume on top of that. Nate got whooped senseless by Josh Thompson. Tony beat him with ease. Toney beat RDA, Nate lost badly to him. Nate is so overrated here on sherdog. Its like they confuses Nate with his bigger, much better brother. Bunch of idiots.
saying that he's 19-11 in MMA is like bringing up BJ's record

It's no better than MMA math In terms of logic, which you are also using.

Nate's last fight @ lw was 3 years ago. Not to mention In the pre usada era.

Kevin Lee got KO'd by a jiu jitsu guy less than 2 years ago and now he's one of the best In the world and probably a future champion.

Only the most recent fights paint an accurate picture of where a fighter currently stands.

Nate's been looking like a different fighter, at least In terms of his boxing since that Michael Johnson fight. I'm a boxing guy, never was that impressed with Nate's boxing..certainly didn't think he was anywhere near Nick In that sense. He definitely stepped It up a lot though, I would rate them far more evenly at this point..slightly different styles

Kevin Lee got KO'd by a jiu jitsu guy less than 2 years ago and now he's one of the best In the world and probably a future champion.

Ok then...

Nate is 3-4 in his last 7.

Tony is 10-0 in his last 10.

Both fought the same strenght of opposition (almost literally cause they shared a lot of opponents, whom Tony by far did better against)

Tony is ranked much, much higher.

Yet Nate is a better fighter?

Those retarded conor cheerleaders :rolleyes:

Ok then...

Nate is 3-4 in his last 7.

Tony is 10-0 in his last 10.

Both fought the same strenght of opposition (almost literally cause they shared a lot of opponents, whom Tony by far did better against)

Tony is ranked much, much higher.

Yet Nate is a better fighter?

Those retarded conor cheerleaders :rolleyes:
I'd say you are equally as retarded as the Conor cheerleaders. Which I am not.

Both are irrational children who cant analyze fights or fighters for shit, for the most part.

You also lack reading comprehension

Nate's last fight @ lw was 3 years ago..should be taken for what It is. I've said what I needed to say.

Last edited:
Well Conor Is the better boxer. There's not much Nate can really do about that. His strength Is being able to walk through your punches, come on strong as he senses you slowing down. A relentless pace and doesn't stop coming. Extreme tenacity, throws a lot of punches. Those attributes make up for a lot where technique / ability In a pure boxing or striking sense may be lacking. It's what make either of the Diaz bros very dangerous on the feet.

Those attributes would still exist at 155 but you definitely notice 15 pounds In there.
Lol what . The Diaz bros have great boxing . Even from a technical standpoint . Diaz rocked Conor with a perfectly thrown 1-2 while Conor was mid uppercut .

lightweights weigh around 180-185 in the ring including tony and conor.
Conor has to eat and get a nutritionist and still weighs in at 168lbs not even 171lbs, he definitely isn't 180-185 lbs fight night lol. They are all 170lbs fight night give or take.

Last edited:
I think It's debatable who's the tougher challenge for Conor between Tony / Nate If the fight happens at 155 pounds.

Nate fought him at 170 tho. Dude was like 185 pounds on fight night

Do you guys see Tony being an even bigger challenge than a filled out Nate Diaz?

I certainly do not
Unpopular fact, Nate is not much bigger than Conor at all.

saying that he's 19-11 in MMA is like bringing up BJ's record

It's no better than MMA math In terms of logic, which you are also using.

Only the most recent fights paint an accurate picture of where a fighter currently stands.

Nate's been looking like a different fighter, at least In terms of his boxing since that Michael Johnson fight. I'm a boxing guy, never was that impressed with Nate's boxing..certainly didn't think he was anywhere near Nick In that sense. He definitely stepped It up a lot though, I would rate them far more evenly at this point..slightly different styles
My friend nate is in his prime and there's a reason why he isn't on a 10 fight win streak or 12-1 in the ufc. Tony is the bigger challenge but we will have to wait and see if he has a chin like nate.

Last edited:
Why does it seem that the only people that think Nate hasn't been a gatekeeper his whole career and is more dangerous than Tony, also seem to be die hard Mcgregor fans? Lmao

Fight night at 170, conor was way bigger than nate. Nate probably weighed 7 lbs more or something but nate is a natural ectomorph and lanky while conor is stockier with bigger muscles thus making him more powerful and bigger but less energy. It's a trade-off.

Why does it seem that the only people that think Nate hasn't been a gatekeeper his whole career and is more dangerous than Tony, also seem to be die hard Mcgregor fans? Lmao
They wanna make it seem reasonable that their little darling got defeated by one of the greatest of all time when in actuality its a 19-11 mediocre LW.

Conor has to eat and get a nutritionist and still weighs in at 168lbs not even 171lbs, he definitely isn't 180-185 lbs fight night lol. They are all 170lbs fight night give or take.
well mcgregor cutted weight to get 168. in an interview he said his weight is a "low" 172 and that was when he was a FW. kevin lee said he was 183 in the ring vs tony. the weight cutting gets pretty ridiculous

Doubt It. I think Nate at 170 was the best we've ever seen him. He's spoken openly about how draining his cuts can be to 155, having to eat nothing but plants for months and how they can be pretty 50/50 In terms of how he feels on fight night. Although, there's something to be said for Nate entering Into his prime as well..so there's that.

It's up for debate though. I certainly don't see him having anywhere near as much success at 155, 15 pounds or whatever It was Isn't a joke. You definitely feel It in there. Especially when It comes to conditioning.
Yet Nate got tired too. I believe his shape against MJ was the best Nate we have seen.

You finished with your childish outburst?

I'm not claiming Nate is a better fighter than Tony, just that he's a harder matchup for Conor.

If Tony had better take downs i'd be concerned, but he's gonna find it very difficult to get Conor down, and he's gonna end up looking badly outmatched on the feet.

Back