Is Tool the Greatest Band In Existence?

m96jjd.jpg

Tool has 4 albums. Two of them, Aenema and Lateralus, are really good. King Crimson has 14 creative, diverse, and technically challenging albums which have changed how music is played, influenced the sound of countless bands (including Tool) and has been entertaining fans for almost 50 years. There is no argument when it comes to King Crimson being the superior band especially when you consider they heavily influenced Tool's sound.

KC is great. But it is amazing the sound TOOL makes with just 3 instrument players. Plus Maynard is a tremendous Rock vocalist. This is a situation where the sum is vastly greater then it's parts.

Tool even does Zep songs better than Zep.... But Zep is tremendous.

I'm lucky enough to have seen both but many more Tool shows. Tool with prime Maynard vocals was rediculous. Totally different feel than Zep. Danny Carey is a BEAST.

sounds bland compared to Zep.

m96jjd.jpg

sounds bland compared to Zep.

<{titihmm}>Zep is Great. But this version is actually better in my opinion. Although Zep is one if the tops from their era. I'm saying TOOL is one of the greats from the 90's era of rock bands, perhaps the GOAT from that era. Ænima and Lateralus are two of the best back to back albums released of all time, IMO.

Lol @ Bland. Tons of emotion in that track.

<{titihmm}>Zep is Great. But this version is actually better in my opinion. Although Zep is one if the tops from their era. I'm saying TOOL is one of the greats from the 90's era of rock bands, perhaps the GOAT from that era. Ænima and Lateralus are two of the best back to back albums released of all time, IMO.

Lol @ Bland. Tons of emotion in that track.
eh, they're alright. I put them on the level of Alice in Chains and System of a Down. It's not mind blowing but it's solid.

As an aside, need you to stop spamming your belt pic. Getting complaints about it and objectively having a 133kb image constantly spammed on the page is going to affect load times and people's mobile phone data usage.

I love tool, but their fans are delusional.

Hardcore Tool fans are the Tori Amos fans of the rock world.

(I do dig Tool, in moderation.)

Edit: when loony worlds collide:

2driasl.jpg

eh, they're alright. I put them on the level of Alice in Chains and System of a Down. It's not mind blowing but it's solid.

As an aside, need you to stop spamming your belt pic. Getting complaints about it and objectively having a 133kb image constantly spammed on the page is going to affect load times and people's mobile phone data usage.

<mma4>AIC and SOD are pretty awesome. More into AIC obv.

I would like to formally complain about the constant redirects from malicious sites at the login and other parts of the site. 133kb is very small ( I don't complain about any content on this site save for the malicious redirects). Pay no attention to the man children who populate your web site that get upset about words and images on the internet. You know it's BS and so do I. It's not like I post constantly. Especially in here

Your friend and Champion,

DB22.

lol, tool is so fucking overrated. and i like a good amount of their music. they put on great live shows, but post aenima, they became too experimental and weird. they got tagged with the whole, "deep, avant-garde" label, and then anyone who wanted to look smart in front of friends said they were fans.

Hardcore Tool fans are the Tori Amos fans of the rock world.

That was cringe level over 9000 :eek:. The audience applauded like they just heard the greatest duet in the history of the universe when in reality they witnessed a very bland performance of a mediocre song. Yikes!

[<taker1}

Miles Davis' second quintet. Miles was probably the weak link during that period.

for rock, the Stooges.

Tools great but their catalog is too small...

Back